PDA

View Full Version : Sprint while fleeing changed??

Maroger
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
<p>The last couple of times that I have had to flee from combat I have noticed that I can no longer sprint.</p><p>It seems as if the moment I flee - My mana/power drops to 0 and of course the game mechanics cancel your mounts speed too. And I don't have any snare on me at all -- so what is going on. </p><p>I don't think you mount speed should cancel when you flee from combat.</p>

Soldancer
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
<p>You have to push the escape key before you yell to be sure that you yell all encounters.</p><p>Example: You have a fight with encounter A and you engage also encounter B. If you have encounter A targeted while yelling only encounter A is yelled but not B. To yell all encounters make sure you have nothing targeted (this will yell all encounters).</p>

Lasai
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I know things have changed too, you can be "in combat" with no indication of who, and no little crossed swords by your name.  I really noticed this on my lower level tradeskiller in Kunark.. was very hard to know when to run, and when to keep running.. on her I often ran out of one encounter, stopped and got mushed by another mob I had no clue about because I didn't show as "in combat" till they ran up and smacked me around.

Maroger
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
<cite>Soldancer wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>You have to push the escape key before you yell to be sure that you yell all encounters.</p><p>Example: You have a fight with encounter A and you engage also encounter B. If you have encounter A targeted while yelling only encounter A is yelled but not B. To yell all encounters make sure you have nothing targeted (this will yell all encounters).</p></blockquote><p>Are you telling me that I have to YELL first -- that I can't simply turn and run. You used to be able to turn and run without YELLING.</p><p>At the hour I play I am often the only person around -- so since when did YELL become compulsory in order to flee the encounter? Why can't you just run away by using SPRINT and MOUNT speed and let the mobs chase you ? That used to work.</p>

Soldancer
10-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Depends on the situation. If a mob attacks you but you don't strike back you don't have to yell for fleeing with full run speed (because you have not engaged the encounter). But if you did any damage to the encounter you are incombat and have to yell for full run speed. It worked always by this way.

Odys
10-06-2008, 10:52 AM
What is yelling ?I have no problem crossing areas at 70% speed (100% if i hurry up in the fae style) and even in combat i do not slow down ..I hope they won't change that i m really often chased by swarm of monsters.

Soulforged
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
<cite>Maroger wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Soldancer wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>You have to push the escape key before you yell to be sure that you yell all encounters.</p><p>Example: You have a fight with encounter A and you engage also encounter B. If you have encounter A targeted while yelling only encounter A is yelled but not B. To yell all encounters make sure you have nothing targeted (this will yell all encounters).</p></blockquote><p>Are you telling me that I have to YELL first -- that I can't simply turn and run. You used to be able to turn and run without YELLING.</p><p>At the hour I play I am often the only person around -- so since when did YELL become compulsory in order to flee the encounter? Why can't you just run away by using SPRINT and MOUNT speed and let the mobs chase you ? That used to work.</p></blockquote>A. Mount's speed in combat *never* applied into the equation. You always had to break encounter in some form or another to get mount speed to apply.B. Of course you can still run away without yelling. You'll just run at whatever your in-combat runspeed is at (Most people don't have any in-combat run speed buffs). If you were auto attacking, and you run away without turning auto attack off, you'll turn to the mob whenever it gets close to you. Turn off auto attack before running.<cite>Maroger wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Soldancer wrote:</cite>My mana/power drops to 0 </blockquote> C. What was your power at before hitting sprint

Yimway
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
While advise given above isn't wrong, it is not the best way to handle running from encounters.Step 1 (missed by every post I read)press F1 (Target Yourself)Step 2/yStep 3run awayStep 4use sprint if your out of combat runspeed isn't already maxed.They key difference here is people advocated hitting esc then yelling.  It is far too easy for your target to be replaced as things beat on you.  Targeting yourself and /yell will break all encounters currently on you so you can begin regening at faster and get benefit of out of combat speed buffs.Keeping yourself targeted will also prevent any autoturn / autofocus events from happening.  As a class that can repost, not targeting yourself, you might riposte a hit while running, turn your autoattack on and start autofacing.  Targeting yourself, this will never happen.This can of course be done with a macro for the very lazy:/target atan/yell/usability Sprint