PDA

View Full Version : The missing dungeon

Odys
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I do believe that ROK was released without being completedfor the reasons below :There is no dungeon in Fens and not dungeon around 75, (assuming Karmor to be 70-75).Kylong, Kunzar and Jarsath all have at least one  dungeon that correspond to the zone level range. ( i do not count Veksar as been associated to Fens, veksar is high end t8 and does not match Fens level)Bellyhumper faction miss many quests and getting allied is impossible unless ou consider gathering mushroomsfor years as a rewarding activity Balthezid faction miss some quest, i m a bit above 30 000 but around 8000 point came from tradeskill orders. Here again getting allied mean doing the watchfull eyes many many times. So it seems that Kurn Tower was supposed  to be there with many Bellyhumper quests and a few extra Balthezid ones. I hope it will one day be released.

shadowscale
10-04-2008, 10:06 PM
veksar is in fens, but all other points are true

Rahatmattata
10-04-2008, 10:32 PM
RoK seems pretty bare compared to the other expansions. In addition to what you mentioned, there are no T8 deity quests... no new guild cloak designs for level 80 guilds... no T8 heritage quests... no new blessings or miracles... no T8 guild raid writs... and at launch, no viable group content for level 70s. KC would pwn all the level 70 groups unless you have a good bit of raid loot and masters in the group, and even then there was little reason to do KC at the time besides once.Seems like there were a couple of other things that have always been in game but they just didn't implement in T8, but that's all I can think of atm.Also, I'm not expecting any of the above in TSO except hopefully HQs, and of course there will be viable group content for level 70s.

Novusod
10-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I would rather see RoK finished than go into another new area that is empty and incomplete such as the advertized 20 new zones in TSO. Quality over Quantity is the order of the day.

Banerm
10-05-2008, 01:14 PM
RoK does indeed feel like it missing alot. The biggest empty spot to me comes as Kurn's tower. It sits in all it's glory waiting for the doors to be busted down by a group. I'm trying to recall some of the other old Kunark zones that I haven't seen but that one sticks out in my mind the most. They could also expand on Cabilis alot more than it's current form,also  perhaps Dalnir, Kaesora? Though admittedly there are alot of unexplained missing places in the old world such as Halas, High Keep, Kithicor, Lake Rathe, Rathe Mountains and Nedaria's comes to mind. I just hope someday we see Odus and Velious.

gi
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I am not sure if theres been anything official said about Kurns tower. But remember Unrest was late in EOF as well. Although its been almost a year since RoK hit.

Yimway
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Ahem.Kurn's Tower....  Where is it?  I saw notes 6 months ago about it almost being finished, and....   ??? Where did it go?Why hasn't the community asked more insistently about it?Regarding the OP.  KC was not intended to be a dungeon for leveling 71-75.  At release the mobs were tuned to shy you away.  It was the infinite wisdom of the former lead designer that RoK leveling was a solo adventure and that grouping would come later.  Apparently Scott played a bit too much wow in his freetime.Thats why there is no progresion of heroic content in RoK.  TSO is about to launch with around 90% heroic and 10% solo content, so it seems we're going to swing the pendulem the otherway and overcompensate again.WTG!