PDA

View Full Version : The Mentoring Bug

Ama
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
<p>Was in Permafrost doing an oldschool raid on vox and mentored to 1 group.  The group leader moved me and put me into group 1.  After that I couldn't seem to mentor the appropriate person in Group 1.  Unfortunately the group leader had a similiar problem where the person he was mentoring LDed and made it so he could not mentor the next appropriate person.  </p><p>Devs can we please get this fixed? It is reproducible where you mentor person A-F in group 1-2 and then relocated to another group.  </p><p>Personally I see 2 plausible fixes:</p><p>1. Make it so you cannot be moved from 1 group to another without unmentoring that person.  This being a warning until a permanent fix is put into place. </p><p>2. If a person goes LD the LD is detected and unmentors you while the person is still in game to give a chance to prevent the bug.  </p>

BungFoo
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
This isn't a bug. You can ony mentor a person in your group.

Dasein
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
What it sounds like is if you do not explicitly unmentor, but rather lose your mentoring status as a result of your mentore going LD or being moved to a different group in a raid, you cannot rementor.

Yimway
10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Yes, this is a bug.If the person your mentoring is moved or ld's then you can not STOP mentoring this person that doesn't exist.Basically the raid mechanic causes mentoring to get bugged if anything happens to rearrange groups or someone goes LD.While the OP has some valid suggestions to fix it, i don't think it is the best sollution.The best sollution is allow mentoring of raid members rather than group members.  IE, I should be able to mentor anyone in my raid regardless of what group they are in.We get around this by setting groups first, then setting mentor targets.  If someone goes LD, you can kick the people mentoring them and reinvite them to raid to fix their bug.This hands down isn't the biggest annoyance I'd like to see addressed with the raid window.  The absolute number one thing I would like done is the ability for the raid leader to re-assign group leaders.

Sedenten
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>This isn't a bug. You can ony mentor a person in your group.</blockquote>I don't think that's what is being called a bug.  Amana is saying (I think) that if you mentor someone in the group you're in on a raid and then get moved, you cannot rementor a new person in your new group.   To reproduce the bug, you join a raid and mentor someone in the first group you are placed in, and then get the raid leader to relocate you to a new group.  At this point, you cannot mentor anyone in your new group but lose your mentored status with the original person you were mentoring.

Ama
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
<cite>Sedenten wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>This isn't a bug. You can ony mentor a person in your group.</blockquote>I don't think that's what is being called a bug.  <b>Amana is saying (I think) that if you mentor someone in the group you're in on a raid and then get moved, you cannot rementor a new person in your new group.</b>   To reproduce the bug, you join a raid and mentor someone in the first group you are placed in, and then get the raid leader to relocate you to a new group.  At this point, you cannot mentor anyone in your new group but lose your mentored status with the original person you were mentoring.</blockquote><p>Yup: </p><p>I was in a group mentored to someone and got moved to group 1.  This unmentored me as it should have, but screwed me in that I could not mentor someone in group 1 the NEW group I was put into.  </p><p>This is a bug because what should happen is I should get moved get unmentored then be allowed to mentor the new person in the new group I was moved to. </p>

Dasein
10-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Would leaving the raid and being reinvited allow you to mentor again?