PDA

View Full Version : What class should we add: we have an SK, Defiler and Dirge now

zubad
09-26-2008, 07:00 PM
<p>I am currently going to start playing with three other peeps and we have a partial group makeup already.  My question is really geared towards what class would add the most value in a T8 perspective, some of the classes i am considering are Illy/Coercer, Troub, Inqy or a dps class.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</p>

Jrkh8er
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, phew, I thought this was a topic about adding a new class to the game...A Coercer would be great for crowd control and buffs, and frankly, it's a fun class to play. Bit of a challenge when soloing, but awesome in groups.

Illine
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
troub, no since there is a dirge. it wouldn't add much ...I'd go dps or crowd control. Except on some fights, no really need of a second healer.coercer regen mana, cc and dps.swash could be nice for dps and debuffswarlock could be nice for dps ... since the 3 class are oriented poison/disease, debuffs would stack.

Noaani
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Warlock.

Mogzilla
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
<p>either chanter</p>

NorrinRadd
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
<p>If just 1 more Class,Coercer. If you are filling up the group to max of 6, add a Coercer,Inquisitor, & a Brigand* & you'll be ready for anything as all your bases are pretty well covered.</p><p>                                                                *Edited to replace the Warlock with a Brigand*</p>

Davngr1
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
coercer,  then templar   then swash/brig

woolf2k
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
you need dps. warlock would be nice but it'd be a pita for the sk. wizard would be better but having a dirge wouldn't help a wizard as much as a melee class would so, i think, Swash would be best...dps/AE and he help the the sk with hate...group invis, evac and there is a AA-FD option. they all appear to be evil aligned... so a brig (evil counter part to swash which is good aligned only)  might to do just as well... not too familiar with it though...

Yimway
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I think the hands down answer is Illusionist.  Its going to stack the best buffs with your current build.  Illy will add more to that group than a coercer will, and can easily be a 'dps' class as others suggest.  Also, your SK and Dirge will do a better job buffing a dps spec'd illy than a coercer, etc.If I didn't add illusionist cause I hated cloth or something, I would add a brig.

Dagorgil
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
<p>Inq or Coercer/Illy would be awesome in that setup.</p><p>I would probably lean more toward the Illy/Coercer though, because healers and DPS are easy to find, while CC for Vek/RE2/etc are in high demand.</p><p>Coercers have awesome burst DPS, and Illy's are more toward the buffing + pure crowd control side.  I would probably recommend the Coercer if you want to do more DPS than just mezzing.</p>

Yimway
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Coercers have awesome burst DPS, and Illy's are more toward the buffing + pure crowd control side.  I would probably recommend the Coercer if you want to do more DPS than just mezzing.</p></blockquote>I really don't understand where this opinion stems from.  Illy's top coercers on the parse, and Illy's add more dps to the rest of group than coercer does.  Coercer does very little to add to group dps, just a straight +DPS buff for melee.  Which they're already getting from the Dirge in the group.  Illy is more raw dps over coercer, and Illy will add IA to the SK or Dirge, and TC to the defiler or Dirge.  So, Illy does more damage on its own, and could buff that dirge ~1200+ dps as well, and give some haste bonuses to the SK.Coercive Healing vs Time Compression is no comparisonIllusionary Arm vs thoughtsnap is no comparisionHaste > +dps mod with a dirge already there.Illuminate vs Tash, about the same but I'd say Illuminate does more for the group.Coercer gets a small bonus on fights that are less than 20s, thats about it.

DumplesTheBunny
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Godlock