PDA

View Full Version : A Look at Guild Halls


Kiara
08-29-2008, 03:05 AM
<p>Guild halls have been a long coveted feature in EQII and now they're finally here!  </p><p><i>Well, almost.  </i></p><p>It seems the builders in Qeynos and Freeport have been given <i>a rather interesting</i> directive...</p><p><a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm?id=1871&section=News&locale=en_US" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Read More!</a></p>

-Arctura-
08-29-2008, 03:27 AM
(( VERY COOL! <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Looks even better than the showing at the fan faire!--ps. is there titles awarded for having first post? o.O

KerowynnKaotic
08-29-2008, 03:27 AM
<p>as a Suggestion for future guild hall rewards or purchaseable pictures .. </p><p>Can we get these put into a in-game house painting?  <a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_qey_800x600.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Qeynos</a> & <a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_fp_800x600.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">FP</a> Guild Halls (minus the huge EQ2 symbol of course)</p>

Ventisly
08-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Translation for the text on the freeport guild hall plans.  Us evil folks ain't such good spellers and grammar makers <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />"Spires must.......in case of collapse....with ilkf wood beamsStones must be quarried fromfelwithw and brought her viaslaveCompletion of work must meetwith Maste Dleres time tableNo exceptions""The vuurstonemust be ready whe...summoned""Outer walls must be magically resistantMystics must becalled in beforecompletion to charmthe stone blocks""The walls must forty feethigh to keep giants awayThe foundation must be charmed as weel""Parapits must be completed firstto begin foreman overwatchRemember to com complete"I don't read goodie so someone else will have to translate the Qeynos plans.

Beckah
08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>as a Suggestion for future guild hall rewards or purchaseable pictures .. </p><p>Can we get these put into a in-game house painting?  <a rel="nofollow" href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_qey_800x600.jpg" target="_blank">Qeynos</a> & <a rel="nofollow" href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_fp_800x600.jpg" target="_blank">FP</a> Guild Halls (minus the huge EQ2 symbol of course)</p></blockquote>That's a great idea!

Chikkin
08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Kiara, your write up talks about a model of you guild hall awarded for bringing supplies. I would love a miniature of the Antonica guild hall, or a Commonlands one, but we're getting statues on test currently as the second reward, is it going to change? I know anything can change before going from testing to live but I would appreciate a little clarification

Sharakari
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
<p>Any chance we'll be able to sneak to the dock of the opposite faction and help them out?  I would love to have a model of the Q and FP guild halls in my house!</p><p>Oh.... and can you make the models no-trade so folks dont sell them for 5pp like they did with the spire model?</p>

Ama
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>as a Suggestion for future guild hall rewards or purchaseable pictures .. </p><p>Can we get these put into a in-game house painting?  <a rel="nofollow" href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_qey_800x600.jpg" target="_blank">Qeynos</a> & <a rel="nofollow" href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/features/guild_halls/guild_hall_fp_800x600.jpg" target="_blank">FP</a> Guild Halls (minus the huge EQ2 symbol of course)</p></blockquote>Those desktop things would deffinately be great as guildhall items like memorable things.  Would also be great if they were the first items introduced that were "Guild Hall Only" placeable items that reduced status upkeep by like 1% of the actual amount.

Anordil
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
What sort of statues? I like statues. Can we have both statues and models? <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/47941865eb7bbc2a777305b46cc059a2.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />

Kiara
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
What sort of statues?I'll check on that for you.

RogueSlayer
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
<cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote>What sort of statues?I'll check on that for you.</blockquote><p>Me.  They all want a statue of me... of course! <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p><p>Well, OK, maybe not.   But they are the ones missing out.  <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p>

Sar
09-03-2008, 12:45 AM
What is eta on the live update?

Kiara
09-03-2008, 12:47 PM
* points *It's over <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=428599" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">THERE</a>!

Anordil
09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
<cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote>What sort of statues?I'll check on that for you.</blockquote><p>Kiara,</p><p>At present, we have statues of iksars and (as I recall) sarnaks. We've also got a few odd looking statues in squat grey stone. And that one golden erudin statue thingie.</p><p>But we don't have any statues of elves, halflings, etc. I find it *really* strange given the lore and detail given for all the races that there isn't  art based on their cultures <i>per se </i>because I'd imagine that there must be artists in their communities or they'd all have died out a long time ago. </p><p>Here's what I'm talking about. I'm giving links instead of the images. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>Click <a rel="nofollow" href="http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x294/seattlebri/statues/Hope-Farnese_Athena_Louvre_Ma331.jpg" target="_blank">Here</a> and <a rel="nofollow" href="http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x294/seattlebri/statues/GanymedeLouvre.jpg" target="_blank">here</a> and <a rel="nofollow" href="http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x294/seattlebri/statues/Hansonnshc.jpg" target="_blank">here</a> and <a rel="nofollow" href="http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x294/seattlebri/statues/belgianmonarchs.jpg" target="_blank">here</a>!</p><p>Busts or statues of the Gods would be great, for example, and would help make a shrine/chapel even more fantastic. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Busts of Antonia or Lucan (preferably ones that don't start gabbing at you. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />) would be nice too. However, decorative statuary would be utterly amazing to have. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p>

Arkenor
09-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Boo hoos! Can we have a statue of Seeress Ealaynya Ithis, to remember her bys?

Alvos
09-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes! Anordil speaks sooth!

Kiara
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Alright.  I checked.  The original plan was to give out mini models of the guild halls.That plan changed and I didn't double check to see if it had before I posted that.So, my bad.  Sorry about that folks.  You're getting smaller versions of the courtyard uber statues for helping out the builders.

Anordil
09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
<p>Thanks for checking, Kiara. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>How 'mini' are they? Could someone post pics in the Norrathian Home show? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>*edit to add the following:</p><p>Can we get more than one statue? ^_^</p>

Kiara
09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks for checking, Kiara. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>How 'mini' are they? Could someone post pics in the Norrathian Home show? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>*edit to add the following:</p><p>Can we get more than one statue? ^_^</p></blockquote>I'll have to check on that as well, but I'm betting not.

Eveningsong
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
They are about the same height as the Antonia and Lucan models.   I'm sure some will start appearing in the Norrathian Homeshow forum very soon if they aren't already there lol.

Anordil
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
<p>Thanks, Kiara. </p><p>Are they scalable? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Kiara
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks, Kiara. </p><p>Are they scalable? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote>You're a gnome... aren't you?No, you can't get more than one (unless you play the alt game) and the scalability is undetermined <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Anordil
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
<cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks, Kiara. </p><p>Are they scalable? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote>You're a gnome... aren't you?No, you can't get more than one (unless you play the alt game) and the scalability is undetermined <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>Nope, I'm Koada'Dal which means demanding... <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/b2eb59423fbf5fa39342041237025880.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p><p>It'd be nice if we could scale them so we could have some nice statues. It's a good thing my alts all keep up their harvesting skills. ^_^</p>

Kiara
09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks, Kiara. </p><p>Are they scalable? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote>You're a gnome... aren't you?No, you can't get more than one (unless you play the alt game) and the scalability is undetermined <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>Nope, I'm Koada'Dal which means not as good as Teir'Dal... <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/b2eb59423fbf5fa39342041237025880.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p><p>It'd be nice if we could scale them so we could have some nice statues. It's a good thing my alts all keep up their harvesting skills. ^_^</p></blockquote>Fixed that for ya <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Anordil
09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
<cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Kiara wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks, Kiara. </p><p>Are they scalable? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote>You're a gnome... aren't you?No, you can't get more than one (unless you play the alt game) and the scalability is undetermined <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>Nope, I'm Koada'Dal which means <strike>not as good</strike> <b>far better</b> than the Teir'Dal who are mere offshoots of Tunare's masterpiece corrupted by Innoruuk.... <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/b2eb59423fbf5fa39342041237025880.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p><p>It'd be nice if we could scale them so we could have some nice statues. It's a good thing my alts all keep up their harvesting skills. ^_^</p></blockquote>Fixed that for ya <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote>Oh, no, no... let me correct your grave error... Oh, and while we're at.. FREE FELWITHE! <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/47941865eb7bbc2a777305b46cc059a2.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />

Calthine
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I've got pics...  <a href="http://eq2.allakhazam.com/wiki/Category:Guild_Halls_World_Event_Quest_Series" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2.allakhazam.com/wiki/Cate...nt_Quest_Series</a>

Anordil
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Yay, thanks, Calthine. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Rainmare
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm disappointed. Freeport gets a badarse looking dragon, and Qeynos just a rather plain and dull looking standing knight? what gives? they should have at least given Qeynos something moderately comparable.

Yaegermister
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
something that would be really cool for guild halls and the raiders that get them would be statues of the raid mobs in rok they kill u can only getr one per mob.  cause i would love to have aroom dedicated to the monster my guild kills

Vumael
09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Exiles want guild halls too!  (or at least a way to go back to a faction without losing masters...)

Warr
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Yumael, do your research. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />Kiara wrote:<p> Answer: Yes, exiles can use T3 guild halls. The Antonica and Commonlands halls are faction independant. Anyone may purchase them.</p>

Vumael
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
<p>Vumael...</p><p> and where did Kiara write that?</p>

Kiara
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
<a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=45&topic_id=428523#4775888" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here</a>

Vumael
09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Ah well that is good news, thanks Kiara and it somewhat mitigates the other question I had for you before <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />.  This is great news, I'm gonna go inform my guild.

blackdog1
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thanks for checking, Kiara. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>How 'mini' are they? Could someone post pics in the Norrathian Home show? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>*edit to add the following:</p><p>Can we get more than one statue? ^_^</p></blockquote>Got my knight statue. I'm a wood elf and it comes up to about my knees.

Aerfen
09-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Not sure if this is the proper place for this question, but is there any update on pricing for guildhalls and amenities?  I know Rothgar mentioned they were being addressed somewhere in the abyss of the Guildhall Feedback Thread, but I hadn't heard anything since.  Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Kiara
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote>Not sure if this is the proper place for this question, but is there any update on pricing for guildhalls and amenities?  I know Rothgar mentioned they were being addressed somewhere in the abyss of the Guildhall Feedback Thread, but I hadn't heard anything since.  Any information is greatly appreciated!!</blockquote>This info hasn't been released yet.  We'll make sure to let everyone know when there's new information <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

chily
09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
<p>I have a question about deity altar's and guild halls.If i loot them as raid/guild leader can i place them in the guild hall and everyone in the guild can use them?</p>

Vumael
09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, are guild halls expected in the next expansion or as a live update before then and if so, do we have an estimate as to when?