PDA

View Full Version : Where do you put your sales display?


Faiille
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
When decorating your home, where do you put your sales display? Do you put it right near the door, so buyers can hit and run? Or do you put it soemwhere else so that buyers have to look around? Previous I always made it close to the door so that buyers could just buy and go. But lately, I dont know if it's a selfish part of me or not, I started putting my sales display as a part of the decorating itself, and not necessarily the first thing one would see. Right now Im creating a game room in my basement and added a pretty cool display case for my sales crates that just fit with the decor. While I love when people come to buy my stuff, I also think to myself that I would love for people to have a chance to look around, enjoy the enviornment, etc.So what do you do when you think about building your home after adventuring? Should it be right in front for the ease of other players? Or should it be a part of the decor and not always the first thing to spot?

SilkenKidden
08-26-2008, 11:20 AM
<cite>Faiille wrote:</cite><blockquote>When decorating your home, where do you put your sales display? Do you put it right near the door, so buyers can hit and run? Or do you put it soemwhere else so that buyers have to look around? Previous I always made it close to the door so that buyers could just buy and go. But lately, I dont know if it's a selfish part of me or not, I started putting my sales display as a part of the decorating itself, and not necessarily the first thing one would see. Right now Im creating a game room in my basement and added a pretty cool display case for my sales crates that just fit with the decor. While I love when people come to buy my stuff, I also think to myself that I would love for people to have a chance to look around, enjoy the enviornment, etc.So what do you do when you think about building your home after adventuring? Should it be right in front for the ease of other players? Or should it be a part of the decor and not always the first thing to spot?</blockquote><p>I put it close to the door.  If I can't find the sales displays in the first room of a house when I'm buying, I leave - unless, of course, the item I'm there to purchase is an incredible bargain and worth the annoyance of searching out the chest. </p>

Beckah
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
It all depends on the size of the house really.If I have a 1-2 room house then I add it in with the decoration, especially the ones that look like dressers.  If a 3-6 room house then I add it nearby the front door.

Crymsyn
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
<p>For me.. has to fit the decor. Granted, I do try to find a way to place them close (ish) to the door but like the veteran cabinet that looks like an armoir? In the bedroom upstairs for one house. Not all designs support a sales area in the front room, and I don't mind wandering a house looking for it.</p><p>But I'm a hard core RPer and have patience in that respect.</p>

surepaw
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Faiille wrote:</cite><blockquote>When decorating your home, where do you put your sales display? Do you put it right near the door, so buyers can hit and run? Or do you put it soemwhere else so that buyers have to look around? Previous I always made it close to the door so that buyers could just buy and go. But lately, I dont know if it's a selfish part of me or not, I started putting my sales display as a part of the decorating itself, and not necessarily the first thing one would see. Right now Im creating a game room in my basement and added a pretty cool display case for my sales crates that just fit with the decor. While I love when people come to buy my stuff, I also think to myself that I would love for people to have a chance to look around, enjoy the enviornment, etc.So what do you do when you think about building your home after adventuring? Should it be right in front for the ease of other players? Or should it be a part of the decor and not always the first thing to spot?</blockquote><p>I put it close to the door. If I can't find the sales displays in the first room of a house when I'm buying, I leave - unless, of course, the item I'm there to purchase is an incredible bargain and worth the annoyance of searching out the chest. </p></blockquote>I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunatly many people seem to not care so much for the way a house looks <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I, like many owners of a house, take time to decorate it so it is attractive and often unique and would like people to look around and enjoy my hard work. With that said tho, I put my salesman crates and such near the front door to make it easy for people to find what they want and leave if that is what they wish. If they want to look around as well, great <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I would like to use my salesman crates and other stuff for decor in other parts of my house, and have one in my basement that I do not sell from, but instead use it to put harvest goods in as well as fuel for when I tradeskill. This way I can just pull out what I need when I need it right next to my tradeskill station.

SilkenKidden
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
<cite>surepaw wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Faiille wrote:</cite><blockquote>When decorating your home, where do you put your sales display? Do you put it right near the door, so buyers can hit and run? Or do you put it soemwhere else so that buyers have to look around? Previous I always made it close to the door so that buyers could just buy and go. But lately, I dont know if it's a selfish part of me or not, I started putting my sales display as a part of the decorating itself, and not necessarily the first thing one would see. Right now Im creating a game room in my basement and added a pretty cool display case for my sales crates that just fit with the decor. While I love when people come to buy my stuff, I also think to myself that I would love for people to have a chance to look around, enjoy the enviornment, etc.So what do you do when you think about building your home after adventuring? Should it be right in front for the ease of other players? Or should it be a part of the decor and not always the first thing to spot?</blockquote><p>I put it close to the door. If I can't find the sales displays in the first room of a house when I'm buying, I leave - unless, of course, the item I'm there to purchase is an incredible bargain and worth the annoyance of searching out the chest. </p></blockquote>I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunatly many people seem to not care so much for the way a house looks <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I, like many owners of a house, take time to decorate it so it is attractive and often unique and would like people to look around and enjoy my hard work. With that said tho, I put my salesman crates and such near the front door to make it easy for people to find what they want and leave if that is what they wish. If they want to look around as well, great <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I would like to use my salesman crates and other stuff for decor in other parts of my house, and have one in my basement that I do not sell from, but instead use it to put harvest goods in as well as fuel for when I tradeskill. This way I can just pull out what I need when I need it right next to my tradeskill station. </blockquote><p>Since I have to put the sales displays somewhere, I put them where the customer can easily find them.  I've also made the area as attractive as possible.  Look at the third picture in the link below.  I think my place is very pretty, but easy for the customer too.  </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2x5bf/" target="_blank">http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2x5bf/</a></p>

Barq Bandit
08-26-2008, 12:09 PM
<span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">I do both if I can.  Here's a Erollisi Day card I made last Febuary from a screenshot of my Provie's dessert display in her eatery.  You can't see them here, but the other three pantries are up above the top of the shot, arranged just like the ones on the bottom.<img src="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/iesmeh/sweetonya.jpg" border="0" alt="" /></span></span>

SilkenKidden
08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Tock. You would be the one to come up with a way to make those ugly crates actually look good.   Lovely display.

surepaw
08-26-2008, 12:13 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>surepaw wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Faiille wrote:</cite><blockquote>When decorating your home, where do you put your sales display? Do you put it right near the door, so buyers can hit and run? Or do you put it soemwhere else so that buyers have to look around? Previous I always made it close to the door so that buyers could just buy and go. But lately, I dont know if it's a selfish part of me or not, I started putting my sales display as a part of the decorating itself, and not necessarily the first thing one would see. Right now Im creating a game room in my basement and added a pretty cool display case for my sales crates that just fit with the decor. While I love when people come to buy my stuff, I also think to myself that I would love for people to have a chance to look around, enjoy the enviornment, etc.So what do you do when you think about building your home after adventuring? Should it be right in front for the ease of other players? Or should it be a part of the decor and not always the first thing to spot?</blockquote><p>I put it close to the door. If I can't find the sales displays in the first room of a house when I'm buying, I leave - unless, of course, the item I'm there to purchase is an incredible bargain and worth the annoyance of searching out the chest. </p></blockquote>I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunatly many people seem to not care so much for the way a house looks <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I, like many owners of a house, take time to decorate it so it is attractive and often unique and would like people to look around and enjoy my hard work. With that said tho, I put my salesman crates and such near the front door to make it easy for people to find what they want and leave if that is what they wish. If they want to look around as well, great <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. I would like to use my salesman crates and other stuff for decor in other parts of my house, and have one in my basement that I do not sell from, but instead use it to put harvest goods in as well as fuel for when I tradeskill. This way I can just pull out what I need when I need it right next to my tradeskill station. </blockquote><p>Since I have to put the sales displays somewhere, I put them where the customer can easily find them. I've also made the area as attractive as possible. Look at the third picture in the link below. I think my place is very pretty, but easy for the customer too. </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2x5bf/" target="_blank">http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2x5bf/</a></p></blockquote>What, no fireplace tp keep your patrons warm on those deathly cold days Qeynos is known for? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />

valkry
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
<p>I tend to put it in the front of the house, but I also create 'an entry hall' as part of my design. Think about your own house. Is there a closet or coat-rack next to the door, how about a place to set your keys, etc. My home has the closet, the area to put wet shoes (we do get decent snow in the winter), a place to set my keys/cell phone all in the first room. I also like that the larger sales cabinets can function as 'walls' to create a bit of a 'private area' separate from the door. </p><p>My game houses are set up with a similiar idea... I've been out all day hunting w/ my hubby and the first thing I want to do is get out of this sweaty, dusty robe and into something that is more comfortable (well robes are sorta comfortable, but only in 'I-love-my-flannel-nightgown' sort of way...so lets go with something more fashionable) and hubby wants to get rid of the 50-75 lbs of plate armour and the huge sword (which is far sweatier and dirtier then my robes...ewww armour funk). </p><p>I'd want a couple armoire right by the door, one for my gear, one for his extra funky gear (this one would have the better sealing doors & a few alchemy sented candles burning on the top), and a weapons rack. I'd also want the Eq version of the old phone answering machine (yep the noteboard) near the door so I could check for messages when I got home, and maybe a rack for the young guildies to hang up their backpacks when they get home from the academy.</p><p>Now if you go for formal and ornate 'front hall' this look wouldn't work, but for some designs the 'sales area' in the front room backs design sense.</p>

Eveningsong
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I do tend to try to keep my sales displays near the entrance, but I also try to decorate with that in mind.  Which isn't always easy!  My tailor's home is actually a forgotten ruins, so it doesn't really make sense to have an armoire sitting at the door... but a couple of treasure chests hidden among a rat's nest in the corner near the door works fine!  Of course, the purchaser has to actually bother walking around the pillar to see them, but the rats are apparently not scaring them off <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.

Zehl_Ice-Fire
08-26-2008, 12:50 PM
I hate having to search out sale boxes when I go to buy. Mine are placed in the front room (except for my usualy empty potion cabinet that is a few rooms over and mostly just for looks), just stacked around and against the wall, but I do plan to do something with them and have them all near the door in something that is decoratave like I have seen some do here.

Beckah
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
<cite>Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:</cite><blockquote>I hate having to search out sale boxes when I go to buy. Mine are placed in the front room (except for my usualy empty potion cabinet that is a few rooms over and mostly just for looks), just stacked around and against the wall, but I do plan to do something with them and have them all near the door in something that is decoratave like I have seen some do here.</blockquote>Oh, I forgot about that!  I do have several alts place their sales displays for looks as well in a few of my homes.  Especially the potion cabinet and "coat rack" hehe    They too are usually empty.  I don't know that I have even ever had anybody come into my home to buy an item.....That's where that guest board would come in handy!

Elorah
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
A few of my houses have them right by the door.  But there is 2 houses where they are in my workshop.  My alchemist and my Woodworker each have a room that holds their tables.  The sales displays are in those rooms.... 

Eveningsong
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
<cite>surepaw wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite></cite> I would like to use my salesman crates and other stuff for decor in other parts of my house, and have one in my basement that I do not sell from, but instead use it to put harvest goods in as well as fuel for when I tradeskill. This way I can just pull out what I need when I need it right next to my tradeskill station. </blockquote>What I have done is leave one (or sometimes more) of my sales crates empty of items to sell and instead use it to store extra decorating items, fuel, etc.  Then I put a sales board in the area where I'll be working (whether at home crafting or at a house I'm decorating).  All I need to do is click the board to get at the items I have in storage.  You could even place the empty sales crate in your crafting area for decor purposes, although you can't click it to access the non-sale items that way.

Zeltaria
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM
<p>I usually keep mine by the door too, or at least with in easy sight of the door, but also try to decorate them in their own specific area. </p><p>This is the way I have mine set up now, this is an old picture but it's still mostly the same. </p><p><img src="http://www.trish-art.com/eq2/tarias-hall/images/sellerarea1.jpg" alt="" border="0" /></p>

SilkenKidden
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
<cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I usually keep mine by the door too, or at least with in easy sight of the door, but also try to decorate them in their own specific area. </p><p>This is the way I have mine set up now, this is an old picture but it's still mostly the same. </p></blockquote>Very nice.  Very pretty.

Eveningsong
08-26-2008, 04:23 PM
My boxes end up almost lost among the utter chaos/clutter in Eveningsong's office/sales counter, lol.  I added my veteran's cupboard next to it because I couldn't possibly fit it behind the counter..<img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/eveningsong/Eveningsong/eveningsong_office.jpg" alt="" border="0" />

Aerfen
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Eveningsong - what did you use for your rounded shelves?  A table???  I absolutely LOVE it!

Eveningsong
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes, they are "elaborate oval (but actually round!) briarwood tables".  I love the look, but ran out of space ages ago <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  I am avoiding re-doing the house but one of these days I will have to breakdown and do it lol.<img src="http://eq2.eqtraders.com/images/articles/elaborate_oval_briarwood_table.jpg" alt="" border="0" />

Lillaanya
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Personally, I HATE having to search through a house for the sales crates.  However I really love to poke around and look at the decorating, so wether you hide the sales crates in a house or not, if it is nicely decorated I will look at the whole house anyway.  In my own house I have a small sales area set up in the entry area (a little bare still imo, but hey, its a WIP sill) and I put my sales crates there, as part of the decor, so they are easily found.

Jehanne
08-27-2008, 02:12 AM
My sales boxes are set up directly to the customer's right as they enter, next to the fireplace.  I'm not happy with this placement but I do respect that many people have limited shopping time so I try to make it convenient for them.  And I really don't want customers who aren't interested in decorating being forced to tour my home in order to make a purchase.  And I believe that the people who <b>are</b> interested in decorating will look around anyway.

Tezz
08-27-2008, 04:24 AM
I personally will only search for a sales display if the house is exceptionally decorated. I do however love looking at other people's Inn Rooms, but only if I think it's something special. I agree with those here who've said that they want people to take a look round, and if the place is nicely done I don't think many would resent searching for them. Having said that, I still opted to put mine by the door <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I also use empty sales displays as house items, for the looks too <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />This is how I dealt with the issue in my Fury's Inn Room.<img src="http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3702/eq2000193ic6.jpg" alt="" width="720" height="450" border="0" />You can check out the rest of her house <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=422039" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> here</a> <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Beckah
08-27-2008, 11:03 PM
I just had a thought...I moved my little Test Fury into the Irontoes Inn of North Qeynos... How would someone know which door is mine to come buy something from my sales displays?  There's I think 7 doors in that joint!   Mine says, Irontoes East Large Inn Room North Qeynos (On the broker window)  As does someone elses across the hall lol...seems like they should have room numbers! lol*edit cuz I'm a dummy and said freeport instead of qeynos <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

SilkenKidden
08-28-2008, 05:25 AM
<cite>Beckah wrote:</cite><blockquote>I just had a thought...I moved my little Test Fury into the Irontoes Inn of North Qeynos... How would someone know which door is mine to come buy something from my sales displays?  There's I think 7 doors in that joint!   Mine says, Irontoes East Large Inn Room North Qeynos (On the broker window)  As does someone elses across the hall lol...seems like they should have room numbers! lol*edit cuz I'm a dummy and said freeport instead of qeynos <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>I had the same problem when I had rooms in Fish's Ale House.  Too many places to check.  There should be room numbers or better yet one dirctory downstairs.  You look up your seller and get zoned in when you select from the directory.  If the designers want to make sure we actually view the great graphics of the inn hallways and foyers, they can make it so that the player only gets added to the an instance of the master directory after you have visited the floor on which he/she lives. </p><p>In EQ1 you could click on a name in the broker window and get a waypoint to the seller in the Bazaar.  It would be nice if we could right click the name in the broker window and set a waypoint  Then get the glowing path when we arrived in the seller's city.  </p>

Sprin
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
<p>Nothing more annoying then trying to not pay a retawded broker fee, going to a persons' house, and first off taking 30 minutes to load cuz of all the F'n garbage that said person thinks people want to look at, and once you  actually get loaded, having to search through 30 hangning rugs and 300 plants and 3 oversized baths etc etc etc. just to find a crate to buy something with.</p><p>Put the things in the middle of the room in front of the door, so when people log in to your house they can actually find it right away.  If they care about the multitude of crap you have piled in every nook and cranny, they will wander. I'd say 99% of the people that go to buy stuff from you give less then 2 sh its about your plants and the 3,000,000,000 books you have compiled.  </p><p>KISS is a great idea to live by. Keep it simple stupid... <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Zehl_Ice-Fire
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
<cite>Beckah wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite></cite>Oh, I forgot about that!  I do have several alts place their sales displays for looks as well in a few of my homes.  Especially the potion cabinet and "coat rack" hehe    They too are usually empty.  I don't know that I have even ever had anybody come into my home to buy an item.....That's where that guest board would come in handy!</blockquote>The bag stand/coat rack is another I have placed just for looks from an alts broker <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Weapon rack is one I never made just yet, but those are basically the 3 that are decorative. I have the veteran reward weapon rack which I have to check, I think it is the same graphic. I have a tailor & carp but I don't usually bother with bags & boxes on the broker except when we got new bank slots and new tiers. I also found out the other day that they hold sale boxes, I had never tried but I was selling off some older ones and popped it in to see. (Yeah that's ot lol)I think when I do get around to my house, the first things I want to do are the library and an area you see as you zone in as a shop display. I Just had a lightbulb!! When scalable furniture comes in,  I will make a mini display for each crafter I have, well, as best I can:Carp - a super mini tiny furniture room setup on a boxprovis - mini food displayjeweler - I can probably find some glittery things to pretend are jewelry somehow, and mini-ize jewelry boxesalch - potion things for the alch are pretty easy, there are 4 I think of quickly offhandtailor - bag stand + a few mannequins with cloth & leather armor & cloaks obviouslywoodworker - totem style house decorations like the everling idol, weaps will share display with tailortinkerer - I'll find some tinkery looking thingstransmuter - no clue yet <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> It's just a thought, I may not come up with anything.I'm sure I will go through all the stuff on traders & everseek carefully to make sure I get anything that fits the crafter's goods. This is just a very fast brainstorm.Sale boxes themselves and crafting tables will probably scale too, so I can have them part of my design area.

Faiille
08-28-2008, 12:51 PM
hehe after day one of this thread you guys got me rethinking and I changed my display stuff to being right next to the front door.

Anordil
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
<p>Mine are, and shall remain, in the basement of my manor house at the bottom of the stairs. </p><p>They look terrible and clash with the finely polished woods of my upstairs furnishings. Does it hurt my sales? Probably, but I also live at 5 Erollisi so I'm sure my sales are low owing to distance from the broker, too. <shrug></p>

Zehl_Ice-Fire
08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
<cite>Beckah wrote:</cite><blockquote>I moved my little Test Fury into the Irontoes Inn of North Qeynos... How would someone know which door is mine to come buy something from my sales displays?  There's I think 7 doors in that joint!   Mine says, Irontoes East Large Inn Room North Qeynos (On the broker window)  As does someone elses across the hall lol...seems like they should have room numbers! lol</blockquote>I hate that! Trying every door and it's always the 7th door no matter what order I try lol

Moltove
08-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Molt is a personal broker and dealer of sorts, so the very first room you log in in is the sales room. a desk in the middle, surrounded by hanging weapons and sales crates...I only get to sell the random stuff I find adventuring (cause I slack off at ttradeskilling) So I got the basics- weapon, armor racks, vet case, jewelry box, potion cabnet is located with my alchemy table and stuff downstairs, and spell box thing. Only thing used? My vet case cause I never have enough stuff to sell anyways, and people like the vet case's bonus.I'll have to get a pic. It's kinda messy, and I -really- need to make it look more office-y and less cluttered.Where are those display counters found? I never seen those before and those would be perfect, save for the red coloring, but I think I can live with that. better than stone- trying to have an organic house as being a wood elf =P

Tezz
08-29-2008, 04:20 AM
<cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite><blockquote>Where are those display counters found? I never seen those before and those would be perfect, save for the red coloring, but I think I can live with that. better than stone- trying to have an organic house as being a wood elf =P</blockquote>It's purchaseable from The Ironforge Exchange Faction Merchant.<a href="http://www.everseek.com/index.php?&name=Furniture&single=on&fid=735" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.everseek.com/index.php?&...=on&fid=735</a>*edit cos I smegged the link up <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />*

valkry
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
<cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite><blockquote>Molt is a personal broker and dealer of sorts, so the very first room you log in in is the sales room. a desk in the middle, surrounded by hanging weapons and sales crates...I only get to sell the random stuff I find adventuring (cause I slack off at ttradeskilling) So I got the basics- weapon, armor racks, vet case, jewelry box, potion cabnet is located with my alchemy table and stuff downstairs, and spell box thing. Only thing used? My vet case cause I never have enough stuff to sell anyways, and people like the vet case's bonus.I'll have to get a pic. It's kinda messy, and I -really- need to make it look more office-y and less cluttered.<span style="color: #ffcc00;">Where are those display counters found? I never seen those before and those would be perfect, save for the red coloring, but I think I can live with that. better than stone- trying to have an organic house as being a wood elf =P</span></blockquote>Mind you the display cases are just that, for display only. They are not a sales crate type item. They are aoften uses in sales areas because of the grpahic, but it is just a fancy table. You 'store' items in them by sliding it under the glass through the open panel were the back glass would be. You can not place another item 'in' the display like you would a bag/strong box/ sales crate.

Zehl_Ice-Fire
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite><blockquote>Where are those display counters found? I never seen those before and those would be perfect, save for the red coloring, but I think I can live with that. better than stone- trying to have an organic house as being a wood elf =P</blockquote>It's purchaseable from The Ironforge Exchange Faction Merchant.<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.everseek.com/index.php?&name=Furniture&single=on&fid=735" target="_blank">http://www.everseek.com/index.php?&...=on&fid=735</a></blockquote>IMO those display counters should be from all factions. After all this time I just realized recently they were Ironforge 10K so I did writs on my one qeynos toon till I could have her buy them. They are one of the prettiest furniture items in game IMO and definitly the best pre made for displays, (I mean in the realm of tables, counters, chairs... there are a lot of pretty things that you want somewhere nice to display them), and it's a bit unfair only a Qeynos toon can get them.

Seagoat
08-29-2008, 08:27 PM
<p>When I visit someone's inn room or house, I like for the sales containers to be fairly close to the entrance -- in the same room, or at least in an adjoining room.</p><p>I've been to some places where the decorating was horrible and I had to scour the place to find their crates.  Then again, I've been in some exquisite houses where the crates were right next to the door, but I took the time to look around anyway because everything was so nice.  That being said, I don't mind so much having to work to find their sales containers if their house is beautifully decorated.</p><p>I spent a LOT of time decorating my own house, but you can see where my goods are as soon as you zone in:</p><p><img src="http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/eq2graphics/miscellany/eq2_002515.jpg" alt="" border="0" /></p><p>(Complete with surveillance system, LOL)</p><p><img src="http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/eq2graphics/miscellany/eq2_002516.jpg" alt="" border="0" /></p>

Moltove
08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/moltove/Everquest/EQ2_000020.jpg" border="0" alt="" />Hehe, well the theme is supposed to be an office and partially a store with all the things that I have for sale, including weapons and sales displays. This could use some redecorating, though, any ideas?<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/moltove/Everquest/EQ2_000023.jpg" border="0" alt="" />Most of my display cases are in here, and the potion cabinet I want to move down to my alchemy room...as If I sold anything at lvl 21 Alchemy anyways.<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/moltove/Everquest/EQ2_000022.jpg" alt="" border="0" />

Miss_Jackie
08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I usually put it right next to the door. I know most people get annoyed by not being able to find them; so next to the door they go. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Anordil
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
<p><sigh></p><p>I've actually caved and will be bringing mine upstairs. I'll need to sort out an appropriate method of arranging them so they don't look beastly upstairs. :-/</p>

Donilla
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I understand the wish to have people enjoy your home while purchasing but I'm one who tries to find a way to set up my theme so that the containers can be by or near the front door. In a one room it doesn't matter, they will find it where ever it is. Even a two room they can probably be asked to wander a bit. But if I do that, I try to have an area that looks like an obvious place for merchantile business, an office or sales area. In a bigger house I think people will leave if they dont find it in the first room, so I decorate with that in mind. I've used bookcases as room dividers in a lot of my homes, and the crates go pretty well on the bottom shelves and look like they belong. I've also placed some behind a bar near the front door where they look like crates of wine, booze, etc. If I zone into a well decorated home on a buying spree, I always take the time to wander through and just hope everyone does the same in my homes.

Cynith
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
<p>I'm not fond of having to search a house up and down until I find the sales boxes either... Though I do have one box in the basement, it's only for fuels in the guild crafting area... I like to keep a little of each on hand for my guildies in case they happen to run out while crafting. If someone REALLY wants to buy fuels from me then they can go look... I'm still shocked to see people actually do that, however, I digress...</p><p>My sales displays are behind the bar... in the entry room. They can be seen by looking behind counter but some are up on the wall behind the wine racks, you either have to be up close or view at an angle to see them well. They were incorporated into the design as upper cabinets. There are four on the wall plus my veteran's display and then a couple others on the counter top.</p><div style="text-align: center;"><img src="http://goldenspoon.org/images/gspoonentry.jpg" alt="" border="0" /></div><p>Sorry the picture is small but it's the only one I have access to on this computer. If you want to check it out life size... it's located at 5 Erollisi in South Qeynos under Cynith / Antonia Bayle server.</p>

Tylia
09-14-2008, 12:27 AM
<cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite><blockquote>Hehe, well the theme is supposed to be an office and partially a store with all the things that I have for sale, including weapons and sales displays. This could use some redecorating, though, any ideas?Most of my display cases are in here, and the potion cabinet I want to move down to my alchemy room...as If I sold anything at lvl 21 Alchemy anyways.</blockquote>Hmm... maybe get a small room divider and arrange your sales crates and displays on one side and all of your office stuff on the other side of it?I place all of my sales displays across from the door.  They are easily seen and accessable and yet out of the way up on a platform.*edit.. added in where I place my displays.  <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Seidhkona
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I won't hunt through a house for sales crates myself. If I can't find them easily, I will leave and get the thing I want to buy somewhere else.I tried initially to treat my sales crates as a type of wainscotting near my front door. The rough wood doesn't add anything to the room, but I have them shoved into the wall and out of the way enough that I hope they do not detract.<a href="http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/souls/WallOSalescrates.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img src="http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/souls/WallOSalescrates.jpg" alt="" width="500" border="0" /></a><i>Click to see full-sized</i>

Truthlight
09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
By the door, I think if someone takes the trouble to come to your house they shoudlnt have to tear the place apart to find your salesmans crate right?