PDA

View Full Version : How to cancel dots efficiently

Xunen
06-17-2008, 07:38 AM
<p>As a mezzer you may not want to have a dot running on the mob while mezzing it, but it really is a pain to rightclick -> cancel all dots everytime you want to mezz a mob.</p><p>I know for a fact that there is the following command:/cancel_maintained <index></p><p>Lets say you have one buff running, and type <i>/cancel_maintained 0, </i>then this buff will get cancelled. But when you cast it again now, it won't work with index 0, but with index 1 because the number is going up for some reason and not resetting.So with this command it obviously won't work.</p><p>Then I heard someone saying that you can somehow cancel the dots with a macro when you know the real proc name. For example the proc <i>Vampiric Pith</i> would be called <i>vampiric_pith_13</i> or something like that. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me more about that.</p><p>So does anyone know an easy way to cancel all your running dots, may it be from spells or items. Or is there an UI that cancels the dots when leftclicking on them, rather than rightclick -> cancel?</p>

Aneova
06-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Not sure about a UI to cancel DoT's but I know that some UI's let you see your spell bar between loading screens, during that time I've noticed that any of my macro'd spells show the exact name of the spell and i bet you could pop off a couple screen shots of your DoT's. I use Profit UI myself.

nirate
06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh please can a dev comment on this! This would be a great help to any class.