PDA

View Full Version : Some races start already with certain factions???


Vanisher123
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Ok I go to KoS zones for the first time, and when i kill a droag guy it says "your faction with the temple of the scale cannot get any worse"...Having never been there I'm unsure, my groups says its because im an Iksar...It does not mention it under factions, so do some races start with bad faction and its just not shown?

Kellin
06-10-2008, 12:17 AM
It's based on the lore of the game.  Sarnak and Iksar are deadly enemies - Venril Sathir enslaved the sarnak for centuries.There aren't a whole lot of places where racial factions matter.  I think it's kind of neat that they left the enmity between sarnak and iksar in the game.

Vanisher123
06-10-2008, 12:26 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's based on the lore of the game.  Sarnak and Iksar are deadly enemies - Venril Sathir enslaved the sarnak for centuries.There aren't a whole lot of places where racial factions matter.  I think it's kind of neat that they left the enmity between sarnak and iksar in the game.</blockquote><p>Not the sarnak, the droag in the overrealm, I'm not sure the lore behind this (Though i remember somthing about a war between the iksar and the dragon which is why the Sarnak were made).</p><p>Mainly I think they should put that under your faction if you are already hated deeply by a group.</p>

Cusashorn
06-10-2008, 12:47 AM
<p>There are specific factions in the game that are intentionally KOS from the start. The Droags in KOS, the Ice Giants in Permafrost, the Crushbone Orcs, the Sathirian Empire, the Di'Zok Sarnak... All of them are KOS to everyone regardless of race, class, or diety choice, and there is no way to raise them because they are designed to be KOS.</p><p>Race doesn't even play any factor in default factions in this game. Everything is based on allignment and city, and once you step outside of your city, everything is based off what you kill and what quests you do.</p>

Calris
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
<cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There are specific factions in the game that are intentionally KOS from the start. The Droags in KOS, the Ice Giants in Permafrost, the Crushbone Orcs, the Sathirian Empire, the Di'Zok Sarnak... All of them are KOS to everyone regardless of race, class, or diety choice, and there is no way to raise them because they are designed to be KOS.</p></blockquote>This was the case in EQ1 as well. Which always made me wonder why they bothered tracking those factions. :p

Elorah
06-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Isnt the Temple of Scale also the faction for the Droags in KoS? 

Vanisher123
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
<cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There are specific factions in the game that are intentionally KOS from the start. The Droags in KOS, the Ice Giants in Permafrost, the Crushbone Orcs, the Sathirian Empire, the Di'Zok Sarnak... All of them are KOS to everyone regardless of race, class, or diety choice, and there is no way to raise them because they are designed to be KOS.</p><p>Race doesn't even play any factor in default factions in this game. Everything is based on allignment and city, and once you step outside of your city, everything is based off what you kill and what quests you do.</p></blockquote>I know this, but when i kill crushbone orcs or ice giants it lowers my faction with them, and  takes a lot of  kills to get it to where it says "your faction can not get any worse".With the Droag I killed one and it says my faction is already "can not get any worse", yet I have NOTHING under faction of being hated, liked or otherwise ( and have never fought killed or encounterd them before), which is odd for most factions, so is this a bug or what then?

Elorah
06-10-2008, 04:45 PM
<cite>Vanisher123 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There are specific factions in the game that are intentionally KOS from the start. The Droags in KOS, the Ice Giants in Permafrost, the Crushbone Orcs, the Sathirian Empire, the Di'Zok Sarnak... All of them are KOS to everyone regardless of race, class, or diety choice, and there is no way to raise them because they are designed to be KOS.</p><p>Race doesn't even play any factor in default factions in this game. Everything is based on allignment and city, and once you step outside of your city, everything is based off what you kill and what quests you do.</p></blockquote>I know this, but when i kill crushbone orcs or ice giants it lowers my faction with them, and  takes a lot of  kills to get it to where it says "your faction can not get any worse".With the Droag I killed one and it says my faction is already "can not get any worse", yet I have NOTHING under faction of being hated, liked or otherwise ( and have never fought killed or encounterd them before), which is odd for most factions, so is this a bug or what then?</blockquote>Did you do a lot of hunting in KoS? Many mobs there are with that faction...

Vanisher123
06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
<cite>Elorah wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Vanisher123 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There are specific factions in the game that are intentionally KOS from the start. The Droags in KOS, the Ice Giants in Permafrost, the Crushbone Orcs, the Sathirian Empire, the Di'Zok Sarnak... All of them are KOS to everyone regardless of race, class, or diety choice, and there is no way to raise them because they are designed to be KOS.</p><p>Race doesn't even play any factor in default factions in this game. Everything is based on allignment and city, and once you step outside of your city, everything is based off what you kill and what quests you do.</p></blockquote>I know this, but when i kill crushbone orcs or ice giants it lowers my faction with them, and  takes a lot of  kills to get it to where it says "your faction can not get any worse".With the Droag I killed one and it says my faction is already "can not get any worse", yet I have NOTHING under faction of being hated, liked or otherwise ( and have never fought killed or encounterd them before), which is odd for most factions, so is this a bug or what then?</blockquote>Did you do a lot of hunting in KoS? Many mobs there are with that faction...</blockquote>I had not killed anything in KoS before this, and had barely even been there other then using it to get between CL and Ant, again NOTHING killed before this group.