PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to join...

Arduatha
06-08-2008, 12:57 PM
<p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">a server wide channel in EQ1 from EQ2.   I have gone through the  FAQ and so on, I can find all sorts of information on how to chit chat cross server via tells... join regular chat channels on specific servers, but any attemtp to join a serverwide chat channel in Everquest results in disappointment.</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">Is there a specific command I am missing?  I have tried /join EQ.Serverwide.Chatroomname:password.   It is not working.  I CAN join as I've stated.. server specific chat channels.   Would truly appreciate any help here.  Thanks = )</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">I hope this is the correct forum for this as it is gameplay  related.....   Thanks again.. .</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Update...... I can join eq.serverwide.channel  and participate in the channel globally if there is no password.   However, it seems that once there is a password attached to the channel, I am no longer able to join the channel.  Have successfully joined 3 EQ serverwide chat channels that were not passworded with no problem.  Add a password to the chat channel and I am standing alone in a very dark room..   A bug perhaps?</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Thanks again if anyone can shed more insight into this... </span></p>

Jrral
06-08-2008, 01:09 PM
It's the same syntax as for tells. The channel name will be eq.<span style="color: #0000ff;"><i>server</i></span>.<span style="color: #0000ff;"><i>channel</i></span>. However, I'm not sure passwords work across games. Have you tried bringing up the chat options box from your chat window and joining through there, putting the password into the correct dialog?

Kellin
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I may be mistaken, but I do not believe it's possible to join serverwide channels from a different game.  If it is, you'd need some different syntax to let the game know you're wanting EQ1's serverwide and not EQ2's serverwide.Might require a dev to answer that one.

Cele
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>I may be mistaken, but I do not believe it's possible to join serverwide channels from a different game.  If it is, you'd need some different syntax to let the game know you're wanting EQ1's serverwide and not EQ2's serverwide.Might require a dev to answer that one.</blockquote><p>Try this link and see if it helps</p><p><a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm?id=1712&section=News&locale=en_US" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...mp;locale=en_US</a></p>

Arduatha
06-08-2008, 05:48 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's the same syntax as for tells. The channel name will be eq.<span style="color: #0000ff;"><i>server</i></span>.<span style="color: #0000ff;"><i>channel</i></span>. However, I'm not sure passwords work across games. <b>Have you tried bringing up the chat options box from your chat window and joining through there, putting the password into the correct dialog?</b></blockquote><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">BINGO!!!!   Whilst unable to manually type it in on the chat line .... I did go to chat options and add it via that method and I am not in the channel I needed to be in!</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: comic sans ms,sand;">Thanks muchly!!!!!</span></p><p><span style="color: #00ffff;font-family: Comic Sans MS;">/glee  /dance</span></p>