PDA

View Full Version : Quick class question.

Zoro
06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
<p>hello,</p><p> Im currently playing a level 20 wizard and i keep hearing those negative post about wizard, like that our dps is horrible, not that good at solo ect.... are these true? i just got back to the game cause of the special event and i want to continue playing it but i still want to do good dps but mostly be able to solo very well.</p>

Elorah
06-08-2008, 12:27 AM
lol.....  As far as I knew, Wizzies were great at DPS....What you have to remember is that most people that love their class ALWAYS want to see improvement...  so they say that it is messed up....  My advice...  If you enjoy playing the wizzie, then play it.I have recently began playing my monk...  I know that she is not the most desired class for groups and raids....  but I LOVE HER!!!!  I have a blast playing her...  Who cares what other people think as long as you enjoy it....  (just be respectful playing them)  *wink*

Blakkmantis
06-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Wizards are among the best of all classes in damage dealing.  Soloing can be a bit rough at times.  Especially if you get attacked by multiple foes, and or roots break while fighting a ^^^ (ouchies)The best solo classes are a Necro, which I play, and I assume a Conjur is about the same.  I'm told a monk and bruiser are great solo classes too.  But doubt they can kill what Necros can with their tank pet and tainted heals which they get thro achievements.  Soloing blue ^^^ named, are actually easy.  Now back to your wizard.  I don't remember at what level you get it at.  But for a while you will find your DPS a little lacking.  Just bear with it, because you will get your huge nuke, and life will be good again.  Which ever you decide, I wish you luck.

Oh
06-08-2008, 02:37 AM
First and formost play what you enjoy, by doing that you will figure out what it takes to overcome any obstical you may find in your path. Also considering you are paying to play I think it's also worth mentioning you are paying to have fun sooooo why not have fun?? <boggle>

Noaani
06-08-2008, 02:47 AM
<p>This is from the perspective of someone that has had a wizrd as my main since very november 2004</p><p>Wizards are good soloers, among the best in the game. Leveling up you should have little trouble completing any solo quests while they are still yellow con, if you keep your spells and gear up to par.</p><p>As for DPS, that is really situational. We have good DPS, this is without a doubt. However, we have always had a lacking in very short fights, such as trash mobs when in a DPS heavy group. In a situation like this, a scout or brawler will almost always out DPS us. However, on the longer fights, such as named encounters, we are usually among the top for DPS (this is in heroic content).</p><p>On raids, we are currently suffering the same setbacks that all spellcasters are, which will hopefully be fixed soon (if its not, you may not need to concern yourself with anything to do with raiding as a wizard).</p>