PDA

View Full Version : Can I give an established account to a friend?

Amitee
06-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Recently returning, I have an account I haven't used in several years, and thought I would like to give it to a friend who has just started playing.  If I give him the account, I would like for him to "own" the account, not myself.  Is there a way to give the account to my friend and have the ownership transferred to him?

Spyderbite
06-07-2008, 03:30 PM
There is an account transfer service available. The link to it escapes me though since I've never used it before.

Rijacki
06-07-2008, 03:53 PM
<cite>Amitee wrote:</cite><blockquote>Recently returning, I have an account I haven't used in several years, and thought I would like to give it to a friend who has just started playing.  If I give him the account, I would like for him to "own" the account, not myself.  Is there a way to give the account to my friend and have the ownership transferred to him?</blockquote>Technically, no.  Other than on the Exchange servers, accounts are one owner only.  Even on the Exchange servers, it's not the account that's trading hands, it's characters.But, contra to the rules, you can change the payment details on the account to your friend, but the account would still belong to you and it still is against the EULA to allow someone else to play on your account.

StormCinder
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
<p>Scoured the SOE site, and couldn't find any service for transferring an account.  Of course, I could've missed it.</p><p>SC</p>

Jrral
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
No, you can't transfer an account to anyone else. Accounts are SOE's way of identifying people (so they can track the history of a specific customer), so they obviously don't want any confusion about who the account's associated with. And bear in mind that the characters, equipment, activation codes and such under the account can't be transferred to other people except of the Exchange servers. If SOE did allow the account to be transferred, it'd be with all characters deleted first. That'd make the transfer kind of pointless (except maybe to save the one-time cost of a game box or CD key).

Amitee
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the replies.  It all sounds too complicated to give the account away so I'll scratch that idea!