PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Done Server Transfers Lately?

TniEradani
06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
<p>I'm planning on moving my main to a server that has a population.</p><p>What I am most concerned with is the No-Trade items from my other alts and gifts she's received from friends.</p><p>Has anyone tested this out in the last couple of weeks?</p><p>Also, I think that you can transfer items ON your broker as long as they're not for sale. Is this right?</p>

Soulforged_Unre
06-06-2008, 02:19 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm planning on moving my main to a server that has a population.</p><p>What I am most concerned with is the No-Trade items from my other alts and gifts she's received from friends.</p><p>Has anyone tested this out in the last couple of weeks?</p><p>Also, I think that you can transfer items ON your broker as long as they're not for sale. Is this right?</p></blockquote>Everything, even the containers need to be removed from your shared bank spaces and your broker.Everything in your personal bank, and everything in your inventory, and in your house goes with you.

TniEradani
06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
<p>Well, this sounds like the official line, but I want to know if anyone has actually done a transfer lately.</p><p>I'm pretty sure you don't need to remove everything from your shared bank as it belongs to the other characters on your account also - but it won't be going with you.</p>

Soulforged_Unre
06-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I transferred my assassin from najena to unrest three days ago.

Lithran
06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I just moved my Necro from Nek to AB last night. Here is the thing. Remember to do these steps (they are not included in their form when you do it)Both registered names are identical on the "TO" and "FROM" account. * All items on the consignment (broker/fence) that your character owns must be completely removed, including money and containers. * All items owned by the character must be completely repaired. * No mail should be present in the mailbox for the character, regardless of read status. * The character should be clear of all experience debt. * The character's house, access permissions, and all items therein, including the House Vault items, will transfer to the destination, intact. * The contents of the character's main bank will transfer, in whole, excluding the shared bank items, which are attached to the server/realm/account. Items in the source account/server/realm's shared bank will become unavailable after the character arrives at its destination. * Transfers are not allowed from Station Exchange servers. * Transfers to Station Exchange servers are only allowed after the character has been stripped of all items that are tradable, including coin, and provided that the character is not attempting to be transferred to a PVP server. * Transfers are not allowed to PVP servers, unless the character is transferring from the same PVP server, but to a different account, instead of a different server. * If a character by the same name is already on the server, there will be an option to change the name of the character to a different one that is still within the scope of the Naming Policy for EverQuest II.

TniEradani
06-06-2008, 03:50 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm planning on moving my main to a server that has a population.</p><p><span style="color: #ff3300;">What I am most concerned with is the No-Trade items from my other alts and gifts she's received from friends.</span></p><p>Has anyone tested this out in the last couple of weeks?</p><p>Also, I think that you can transfer items ON your broker as long as they're not for sale. Is this right?</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff3300;">What I am most concerned with is the No-Trade items from my other alts and gifts she's received from friends.</span></p><p><span style="color: #000000;">I really want to know how No-Trade things are moving. The OFFICIAL instructions, which I've read, say they don't transfer, however, having transferred before in the past I KNOW the official instructions were wrong. I need to know if anyone has transferred No-Trade items lately.</span></p><p>I don't need the official instructions - I've read the official instructions - I want to know what actually happens. Sorry if I sound grumpy, but <insert way too much information here>. omg lol - i need a vacation.</p>

Lithran
06-06-2008, 03:52 PM
All, my no trade items transfered over. (and I have tons)

LygerT
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
<p>anything that was given to you by an old friend is immediately turned into dust and spread throughout your bags upon transfer. </p><p>seriously, just do as was mentioned and don't flip out about it. if you have any issues then petition it. </p><p>edit: oh, and don't use black fonted text on a dark grey background, it's quite difficult to read or notice if you don't highlight it. </p>

woolf2k
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
the character you're moving has nothing to do with your alts. your alts are left as is, where there stand... they are not touched.

TniEradani
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
<p>Ok. Tyvm for the reassurance about No-Trade items. I was really scared about this.</p><p>Now all I have to do is decide how many toons I can afford.</p>

Lithran
06-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Btw. you cannot move characters from PVP servers to regular servers last I heard. You can move from PVP to PVP I think though.

TniEradani
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM
<p>Did a transfer the other day and thought I'd clarify what I tested for:</p><p>- mail: didn't test but KNOW that the mail must be empty, including the New Spam tab</p><p>- broker: tested this with items on the broker but not listed. It doesn't work - you DO have to removed everything from your broker</p><p>- repair: didn't test this as I'm in the habit of keeping my toons repaired but I can see if you have a problem - this might be it</p><p>- xp debt: lol, i'm on a pvp server, we have NO xp debt - but we'd like to, hehe</p><p>- the biggy NO-TRADE house items belonging to someone else: these DO get transferred and end up owned by the house owner</p><p>Thankx to everyone for their experience and calming me down enough to try. Glad I can keep the gifts people have given me cause lots of those toons are gone.</p>