PDA

View Full Version : Long Update time..

Yes
06-03-2008, 11:09 PM
So i have not played in forever. So i installed the game but now it is updating and says it will take 8 hours++Why so long?

Spyderbite
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Completely dependent on your ISP. Yes I know that everyone has the best connection out there and it couldn't possibly be that. But, I have done at least 6 fresh installs on new or re-formatted computers over the past 3 years and it has never taken more than 3 hours each time.. including today when I installed on our laptop which has never had EQ2 installed on it.Stop and restart it if it stalls.. beyond that, you are at the mercy of your ISP's bandwidth throttling.

Luier
06-03-2008, 11:43 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Completely dependent on your ISP. Yes I know that everyone has the best connection out there and it couldn't possibly be that. But, I have done at least 6 fresh installs on new or re-formatted computers over the past 3 years and it has never taken more than 3 hours each time.. including today when I installed on our laptop which has never had EQ2 installed on it.Stop and restart it if it stalls.. beyond that, you are at the mercy of your ISP's bandwidth throttling.</blockquote>Mine says 16 hours to go and was at 24 when i started, I installed from the eof all in 1 DvDs, but since the promotion gives me the latest expansion, I assume Im downloading that aswell.

Besual
06-04-2008, 05:10 AM
It's a bit more then normal patch for you:<ul><li>It will download Legend of Norrath (the trade card game)</li><li>If you didn't have all expansion it will download them</li><li>If you didn't have all adventure packs it will download them</li></ul>It has something to do with <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=419513" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Living Legacy</a>.