PDA

View Full Version : Loyal players get nothing from living legacy??

Lunah
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
<p>I have been with this game since launch, at times with two accounts. Recently tried AoC but decided to stay here as my hubby and friends went to a pvp server in AoC and pvp isnt my thing. But after seeing the living legacy thing I am about ready to cancel for good. After all this time I am to be punished and not get the ingame items or game time that people who gave up on eq2 are getting?? And yes before you ask I find it an insult that the loyal customers are being slighted with this. </p><p>I am all for trying to boost subscription numbers, we could use it. But punishing your loyal customers by leaving them out is insane. I rarely post and yes most times when people do the "i am quitting" posts I just roll my eyes, but this is beyond insulting to those of us who have stuck with eq2 as more and more MMO's have come out. Please rectify this by at least giving us loyal customers the same ingame items and an apology for so rudely being left out. </p>

Saev
06-02-2008, 03:22 PM
<p>Are you you really going to quit over:</p><p>Unique Bundle of In-Game Items - Available for all returning inactive players. </p><ul><li>Available Upon Log In <ul><li>Norrath Adventure Pass -  Magical transportation to new areas of Norrath </li><li>Make Over Mirror- Change the look of your avatar  </li><li>Pouch of the Prodigal - 16 slot bag </li><li>XP Potion Pack - Three-pack of potions to jump-start your advancement </li></ul></li><li>Granted Upon Purchase and Release of the Next <i>EQII</i> Expansion Pack <ul><li>Cloak of the Void - A specially-designed cloak created exclusively for the upcoming expansion </li></ul></li></ul><p>I admit I'd like to get the cloak, and the drake pet that is mentioned elsewhere, but not getting these is not, imo, 'an insult'.</p>

interstellarmatter
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
<p>Like, what do you need, a hug or something?</p><p>They give vet items to people who stick with the game.  This promotion is to get new people back into the game.</p>

Espyderman
06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
<p>After 4 years all i got was XP potions and the ability to turn into a billy doll...oh and a title...the zealous....woowooo</p><p>Hows about 20P for playing 4+ years? How about something worthwhile....? How about rewarding the people who pay to play, instead of rewarding those who dont play or pay?</p><p>For those who disagree with the OP...i dont understand your mentality. Fact is we are loyal...we get a title and an illusion, those who are not get more...do the math...loyalty is slighted period the end.</p><p>Ill be reconsidering my account as well...I mean i <u>EARNED</u> the title and the illusion...so <u>GIVE</u> me something free for being loyal...your doing it for the noobs who werent!</p>

Freliant
06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
<p>Of all the things you get, the only one I would want, is the cloak, and this cloak is what you get if you order the next expansion. The rest of us will get something when we order that expansion, that is the truth, but they haven't announce yet what this would be.</p><p>btw, I love the fact that the void and the shadowmen issue is finally being resolved.</p>

hisawat
06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
<cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Like, what do you need, a hug or something?</p><p>They give vet items to people who stick with the game.  This promotion is to get new people back into the game.</p></blockquote>They give us vet items, depends on how long ago the account was created, not how long the account has been active, so people who made their accounts at launch and quit playing after a month also have 4 year vet items.I kinda understand why OP is frustrated.  SOE should do something for loyal players too.

azekah
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure how your being "punished"You've been enjoying the game this whole time...Ever heard the story of the prodigal son's brother? (Luke 15:28 )

StealthM0
06-02-2008, 04:37 PM
/agree with opI left and came back in april, so if I had waited for 2 months I would get free eq2 till the end of july (Iequivalent of $30.00 offer), rewards that some of us cannot have access to, and TWENTY MONTHS OF FREE GAMETIME FOR GETTING FRIENDS TO SIGN UP! [Removed for Content], do you know how many ppl I got to play eq2 in 2005? Where was this pearl back then? Are the twenty months open to everyone or is this just for the quitters?Gotta say feel like I partially wasted the past two months. Not to mention the past 3 years of playing this game. Not going to quit over this, but man when is soe gonna get it right? Time after time, changes are made that leave vet players wanting, meanwhile new players get changes made to the game that honestly should have never been made, I dont care if they want WoWs clients, this isnt WoW, and the day it gets to be too much like WoW, why play it? Its not WoW!I love eq2 dont get me wrong, but customer loyalty seems to get a major penalty here, you can have my 3 years of vet rewards ( btw they still get their vet rewards if they use an old login for the legacy thing).So there it is in a nutshell how is it fair to the vet player who didnt leave? It isnt. Quitters will get the same vet rewards we do once they log in and /claim, they also will get these additional bribe items listed on the legacy site, further alienating their loyal customers./whacks insertsoeemployeenamethatcameupwiththisidea upside the head with a bit of Darathur!(that was not intended as flame, but light humor over a continuing frustrating issue)So here we are holding the short stick again, thx SOE. Oh they get rok for free too, lol. Charge us money, give it to them. Thats great business policy there, alienate the customer from the quitter..../sigh/rantoff sorry, this is a very bad thing for us loyal customers....buy our next expansion, then we'll give it away to returning members for FREE!!! wowHey I know next time 6 months after a new expansion pack, leave, when you get the legacy mail, come back and get the expansion for free! That is a great idea soe, give away all of your expansions. Dont make loyal customers pay for something that you give to quitters. Make it free for all! Or pay for all! Dont divide us worse then you already have!

Espyderman
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
<cite>azekah wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'm not sure how your being "punished"You've been enjoying the game this whole time...Ever heard the story of the prodigal son?</blockquote><p>Ill explain it to you.</p><p>People who arent loyal and didnt pay for years and years: Get <u>rewards</u> plus the regular rewards we are ALL privy too</p><p>People who ARE loyal and did pay for years and year: Get <u>nothing</u> plus the regular rewards we are ALL privy too</p><p><b>How is this hard to understand?</b> Sure i got to play the game, but what do i get that makes me more special then someone who didnt? <u>NOTHING!</u></p><p><b>How special is a noob who never paid or played?</b> So special they get like 6 extra rewards us loyalists didnt...I dont understand how you overlook this and accept it and explain it away by saying "<i>my reward is playing the game</i>". How was i rewarded? With a monthly bill? This isnt a reward, this is called supply and demand...i demanded a product...SOE supplied it...the only reward i get is the vet rewards in the game and expansion rewards which everyone gets anyways....<i><b>You dont give rewards to people who arent loyal and if you do, you shld give MORE to those who were.</b></i> Its <u>simple logic</u> really and it surprises me this escapes you.</p>

freel
06-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Not to mention a FREE copy of RoK and $5 off coupon to purchase next expansion. Where's my coupon?I agree. Those of us who have paid accounts should also get some incentives to stay.

Dasein
06-02-2008, 04:45 PM
It's simple - the people who are currently playing are by and large satisfied with the game and do not need incentives to keep playing, while those who left need something to encourage them to come back. Sure, people may whine about how unfair it is or whatever, but those are just words, and such complaints do not materialize in large enough numbers to offset the gains of such promotions. After all, everyone pays the same fee, so losing one customer who's been here for 4 years is worth it if you pick up 2 new customers.

Espyderman
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
<cite>Dasein wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's simple - the people who are currently playing are by and large satisfied with the game and do not need incentives to keep playing, while those who left need something to encourage them to come back. Sure, people may whine about how unfair it is or whatever, but those are just words, and such complaints do not materialize in large enough numbers to offset the gains of such promotions. After all, everyone pays the same fee, so losing one customer who's been here for 4 years is worth it if you pick up 2 new customers. </blockquote><p>Reason #1 why your not a game representative and reason #100 why SOE sucks at providing for their loyal customers...</p><p>Your right, ill leave they can pick up two noobs and be happy...seeing as im getting jack squat for being loyal might as well let the noobs take over and this vet who has paid for 4 years straight will move along and give his money and loyalty to someone who cares.</p><p>Adios.</p>

azekah
06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
funny stuff...

Echgar
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry folks, but as Grimwell mentioned in the other thread, we are trying to keep feedback consolidated in one place rather than scattered all over the place.  If you have feedback about <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=419513" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Living Legacy</a>, please do so in <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=418996" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">this thread</a>.