PDA

View Full Version : Raising weapon skills?

Tel
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
My Mystic is now lvl 32 and my crushing is at lvl1.Should I just get a nice mace and start raising it as I level or is there a better way to raise weapon skills?

Errolflynn
05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
The only way is to use the skill.So get yourself a mace and smack a few mobs with it.

Karlen
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I just went through this.   It can take a while to increase your skill.The easiest thing to do is to go buy yourself the cheapest crushing weapon you can find - such as a Tier 1 handcrafted staff (I used a tin spear to raise piercing).   This will ensure you will do as little damage as possible.  Turn off any damage-increasing buffs.Now go and find the highest level mob around that can't kill you (something low green or high grey).   Turn on autoattack and leave yourself swinging away.   Skillups will come.   You CAN get skillups on grey mobs.  

greenmantle
05-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I tend to do a harclaves when im trying to get a neglected skill up, just equip the no /low skill weapon after you have the god buff.

Odys
05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
You can do it on grey/green while afk but doing it while question is possible. I would not go for an even con ^with zero skill but blue are ok. Your combat arts will miss often but you will still hit here and thereit seems that your level is more or less added to your skill. My warden did it while grouped with the fastest weapon she could get. It was quite fast to go from 0 to 200. Also you can change in combat, for that it's enough to have two weapon in one of your toolbar