PDA

View Full Version : Quest xp /Monster xp in rok


Odys
05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
I have been very surprised to see my xp bar almost  totally stationnary when i kill monsterand making enormous move for completing any quest, even the most simple. Monsters also tend to drop nothing, bonemire monster that are flagged with a similarlevel are three time weaker but three time richer. Here again quests are the major money makers. I enjoy questing and i dislike ki;;in monsters with no reason. But i also beloeve that killing monsters should  provide some form of reward.Till Rok i found that thie  Monsters/Quest balance was  fine. But accoding to me this balanceis broken in ROK, now instead of killing my way to reach a  place or perform a duty  i buy totems and kill the minimum number of monsters.  <i></i>

Yimway
05-27-2008, 02:03 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>I have been very surprised to see my xp bar almost  totally stationnary when i kill monsterand making enormous move for completing any quest, even the most simple. Monsters also tend to drop nothing, bonemire monster that are flagged with a similarlevel are three time weaker but three time richer. Here again quests are the major money makers. I enjoy questing and i dislike ki;;in monsters with no reason. But i also beloeve that killing monsters should  provide some form of reward.Till Rok i found that thie  Monsters/Quest balance was  fine. But accoding to me this balanceis broken in ROK, now instead of killing my way to reach a  place or perform a duty  i buy totems and kill the minimum number of monsters.  <i></i></blockquote>Welcome to 6 months ago.  This was flamed/debated for weeks after the expansion.You simply must solo quest, period.  There is no other viable alternative to advancement.And i warn you, going the slower grind method by doing KC and Chardok till your 80 will only kneecap you, as you'll need to now go get faction with a half dozen camps to progress, so you get the distinct pleasure of doing solo quests while at the level/aa cap.And I can assure you, there is NOTHING more depressing than playing that game.

Odys
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I kinf of missed the original debate.Anyway it's very frustrating in went to veris to all those tougth monster to killto reach a listenning crystal and either they saw invis or i was out of totem.And knowing that all those fights that were all potentially dangerousfor me (i had to body pull and watch out patrols) were simply couting for nothing was very demotivating.And as people said in another post solo quest are so linear thatit's very hard to make them with people that you would cross here and there. I really miss the old days when going to runny or Zek or even sanctum was meanning good xp, some big money if you were lucky enough to win a master 1.A MMO should provide a soloing line but grouping should always be the best alternative. I really believe that we got there a terrible mistake.

Yimway
05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I couldn't possibly agree more, but most of us that feel this way have been chased away from these forums by the fanboi's.

Zarador
05-28-2008, 02:48 AM
Guess from so many years of Everquest I, I found the change refreshing.  Hey, lets spend the next few months on the KC Wall in Dreadlands killing 10,000,000 of the same mobs or kill maybe 10,000 giants in Burning Woods so we can get from level 45-51.  What a horrible thought, moving around and doing different things to level.  Remember when they had "Hot Spot Zones" where the experience was greater so you could stand there and pull the same mobs for 4 hours a day instead of 8 hours a day?

Nole
05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
<p>I levelled my SK to 67 without a single point of mob exp (turned it off at level 1, never turned it back on). Somehow I don't think I'll notice much of a difference when I get to RoK <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>It'll be nice getting AA exp again though (stupid 100 cap below level 70).</p>

DragonMaster2385
05-28-2008, 08:31 AM
<cite>Zarador wrote:</cite><blockquote>Guess from so many years of Everquest I, I found the change refreshing.  Hey, lets spend the next few months on the KC Wall in Dreadlands killing 10,000,000 of the same mobs or kill maybe 10,000 giants in Burning Woods so we can get from level 45-51.  What a horrible thought, moving around and doing different things to level.  Remember when they had "Hot Spot Zones" where the experience was greater so you could stand there and pull the same mobs for 4 hours a day instead of 8 hours a day?</blockquote>Agree 100% with how EQ1 sucked to progress.  However, MMOs have come a long way since EQ1 and to say, "well, it is better than it was 8 years ago" is a very poor excuse.  This is a MMO, so grouping should be stressed, just not in the way it used to be.  Grouping should be stressed through questing and dungeon crawling, not sitting in a stationary camp for 8 hours a day.  That being said, the point of the poster's complaint is the fact that there is no point to group between levels 70 and 77.  KC has no good quests and no good loot, so the the minor exp gain is not worth the senseless grind.  You can do Shard of Fear, but the loot is pre-RoK, so quest gear is better in RoK.Now to disagree with the OP on something:  I wouldn't say that you don't get good stuff killing the normal monsters.  Yes, the coin drop is lower, but look at your quest rewards; you get a lot more coin from completing quests than you did in any expansion before this.  Comparing a 1:1 mob, your assessment is correct.  Comparing 15:15 mobs (completing a quest), it is incorrect.

Moldylocks
05-28-2008, 09:25 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>I couldn't possibly agree more, but most of us that feel this way have been chased away from these forums by the fanboi's.</blockquote><p>Very true.  This is exactly why I don't post on these forums or visit so much.  The fanboi contingent tends to be, well, fanatical and overzealous.</p><p>One time, not too long ago, I kicked one in the stones textually.  He cried to mom (a moderator) and my post was deleted and I received a</p><p>warning PM.  Yet, they are free to slam any number of posts in any way they choose.</p><p>/rantoff</p><p>I agree about RoK.  But, what are the options?  Not much.  In fact, nothing- that is, unless you don't want to get to level 80.</p>

Odys
05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
<cite>Nole wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I levelled my SK to 67 without a single point of mob exp (turned it off at level 1, never turned it back on). Somehow I don't think I'll notice much of a difference when I get to RoK <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />" /></p><p>It'll be nice getting AA exp again though (stupid 100 cap below level 70).</p></blockquote>I locked my xp very often since i was leveling too fast to explore the content. Got 100 aa at 66.You will notice a difference in ROK .. 0 money, 68  monsters hitting like a  64^^^(rok newbie zone monster are simply sanctum monsters with the 64-66^^^replaced by 68-7 no arrow).and absolutely no group going on. People tell you please level to 75 or 80 and we may speak.Trust me when mob do not even drop a silver,  and when grouping is just a dream  you loose any incentive to play. Someone mentionned the chain pulling groups in Eq1 ... sure it was a bit boringbut less than doing solo quests in ROK. And there must be something between 0 xp per monster as in ROK and the eq system ... indeed it has even been implemented , in which game?Eq2 pre rok.

firza
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
<p>there is no one, nothing, no chance in life that I will ever get a second max level character again.</p><p>RoK was to much on one character, I hope to never have to go through that again. The only person proud of RoK is brad.....who thinks that the solo whiners are content, and all WoW cool didio's will now flood over to eq2 to try out this great rpg.</p><p>Or did he allrdy wake up? /shrug.</p>

Mordith
05-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I solo over 95% of the time and even I felt that RoK was ridiculously geared toward solo questing. The bigger problem was that it was so linear.  They really need to have the quests have both solo and heroic versions, where you get better experience, coin and rewards for the heroic versions.  Oh, and make it so that you do not have to complete all of the quests in the same order to foster grouping to complete the heroic quests.I also would like the option of grinding without trying to find a quest, especially since I cannot find anymore green or above solo quests.  Even now, at level 80, I have performed all of the solo quests in RoK and am at 107 aa's. I am not sure how I will ever max out my aa's now.

bryldan
05-28-2008, 06:37 PM
<cite>firza wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>there is no one, nothing, no chance in life that I will ever get a second max level character again.</p><p>RoK was to much on one character, I hope to never have to go through that again. The only person proud of RoK is brad.....who thinks that the solo whiners are content, and all WoW cool didio's will now flood over to eq2 to try out this great rpg.</p><p>Or did he allrdy wake up? /shrug.</p></blockquote> I am in the same boat. I have a lvl 70 necro that I am just dying to hit 80 so he could be my farming toon (pet fd makes good farming combo of course) But i just flat out go into seizures thinking about doing that stupid quest grinding again.

interstellarmatter
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
<cite>firza wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>there is no one, nothing, no chance in life that I will ever get a second max level character again.</p><p>RoK was to much on one character, I hope to never have to go through that again. The only person proud of RoK is brad.....who thinks that the solo whiners are content, and all WoW cool didio's will now flood over to eq2 to try out this great rpg.</p><p>Or did he allrdy wake up? /shrug.</p></blockquote><p>Huh? Can you translate this?  What's a didio?  Do you mean [Removed for Content]? *shakes head*</p><p>What does Brad have to do with EQ2?  Stay off the glue.</p>

orchard54
05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh no! EverQuest 2 is too easyEverQuest 2 is too hard.Solo quests are more rewarding than grouping or raiding? [Removed for Content]?Grouping is more rewarding than soloing or raiding? [Removed for Content]?Raiding is more rewarding than grouping and soloing? [Removed for Content]?!?Mobs are to hard, old are to easy, blah blah blah.Mobs give to much exp, quest to little,no wait, quests give to much, to enough exp from the mobs!/tell Mr.GM "Hi GM, please instantly make me level 80 because I'm a paying customer and feel like this entire "leveling" system in your game is just stupid! So... because I'm a customer who strongly believes , "I am always right" , you should do it, because otherwise I don't know how to have fun with the stuff thats already there."I seriously don't understand why a lot of people can't just enjoy the game for what it is. Hell, if you don't like it, don't play it. No one is forcing you to do anything at any point in time.People complain there isn't enough solo content, so what did SoE do? Create a huge amount of solo content. Now what happens? All the people that were content with grouping before come out of their shell and complain there isn't enough grouping content (or the rewards therein).Now, complaining about real existing bugs is legitimate. And I mean real BUGS, not the things that bug you, but gameplay elements that seems to be broken due to coding or something. A spell not working, a broken quest, proc on item's not working, ect...Otherwise I'm sure SoE made RoK the way they intended to. An exciting progressive story throughout all the lands of Kunark that anyone can enjoy!<u><i>hortefoutre wrote -</i></u><i><span class="postbody">"I have been very surprised to see my xp bar almost  totally stationnary when i kill monsterand making enormous move for completing any quest, even the most simple. Monsters also tend to drop nothing, bonemire monster that are flagged with a similarlevel are three time weaker but three time richer. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">Here again quests are the major money makers. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">I enjoy questing and i dislike ki;;in monsters with no reason. </span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #00ff66;">* Unless you don't read anything, every NPC has a reason for you to kill whatever it is they need you to kill. *</span></span><i><span class="postbody">But i also beloeve that killing monsters should  provide some form of reward. <span style="color: #99ff99;">*</span></span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #99ff99;">Whether its exp, body loot, body cash, quest update, AA or whatever, you are getting a reward. Less exp per kill, for more exp in the end for the quest. There's nothing wrong with that.</span></span><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">Till Rok i found that thie  Monsters/Quest balance was  fine. But accoding to me this balanceis broken in ROK, now instead of killing my way to reach a  place or perform a duty  i buy totems and kill the minimum number of monsters."</span></i>Sorry, but I am a [Removed for Content] <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I mean no offense, really *wink*

Moldylocks
05-28-2008, 11:06 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Oh no! EverQuest 2 is too easyEverQuest 2 is too hard.Solo quests are more rewarding than grouping or raiding? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?Grouping is more rewarding than soloing or raiding? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?Raiding is more rewarding than grouping and soloing? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?!?Mobs are to hard, old are to easy, blah blah blah.Mobs give to much exp, quest to little,no wait, quests give to much, to enough exp from the mobs!/tell Mr.GM "Hi GM, please instantly make me level 80 because I'm a paying customer and feel like this entire "leveling" system in your game is just stupid! So... because I'm a customer who strongly believes , "I am always right" , you should do it, because otherwise I don't know how to have fun with the stuff thats already there."I seriously don't understand why a lot of people can't just enjoy the game for what it is. Hell, if you don't like it, don't play it. No one is forcing you to do anything at any point in time.People complain there isn't enough solo content, so what did SoE do? Create a huge amount of solo content. Now what happens? All the people that were content with grouping before come out of their shell and complain there isn't enough grouping content (or the rewards therein).Now, complaining about real existing bugs is legitimate. And I mean real BUGS, not the things that bug you, but gameplay elements that seems to be broken due to coding or something. A spell not working, a broken quest, proc on item's not working, ect...Otherwise I'm sure SoE made RoK the way they intended to. An exciting progressive story throughout all the lands of Kunark that anyone can enjoy!<u><i>hortefoutre wrote -</i></u><i><span class="postbody">"I have been very surprised to see my xp bar almost  totally stationnary when i kill monsterand making enormous move for completing any quest, even the most simple. Monsters also tend to drop nothing, bonemire monster that are flagged with a similarlevel are three time weaker but three time richer. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">Here again quests are the major money makers. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">I enjoy questing and i dislike ki;;in monsters with no reason. </span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #00ff66;">* Unless you don't read anything, every NPC has a reason for you to kill whatever it is they need you to kill. *</span></span><i><span class="postbody">But i also beloeve that killing monsters should  provide some form of reward. <span style="color: #99ff99;">*</span></span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #99ff99;">Whether its exp, body loot, body cash, quest update, AA or whatever, you are getting a reward. Less exp per kill, for more exp in the end for the quest. There's nothing wrong with that.</span></span><i><span class="postbody">Till Rok i found that thie  Monsters/Quest balance was  fine. But accoding to me this balanceis broken in ROK, now instead of killing my way to reach a  place or perform a duty  i buy totems and kill the minimum number of monsters."</span></i>Sorry, but I am a [I cannot control my vocabulary] <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />" width="15" height="15" /> I mean no offense, really *wink*</blockquote><p>Wow, anger management much?  Aside from your own personal agenda, your post has nothing to do with the topic.  /next</p>

orchard54
05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
<cite>Moldylocks wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Oh no! EverQuest 2 is too easyEverQuest 2 is too hard.Solo quests are more rewarding than grouping or raiding? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?Grouping is more rewarding than soloing or raiding? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?Raiding is more rewarding than grouping and soloing? [I cannot control my vocabulary]?!?Mobs are to hard, old are to easy, blah blah blah.Mobs give to much exp, quest to little,no wait, quests give to much, to enough exp from the mobs!/tell Mr.GM "Hi GM, please instantly make me level 80 because I'm a paying customer and feel like this entire "leveling" system in your game is just stupid! So... because I'm a customer who strongly believes , "I am always right" , you should do it, because otherwise I don't know how to have fun with the stuff thats already there."I seriously don't understand why a lot of people can't just enjoy the game for what it is. Hell, if you don't like it, don't play it. No one is forcing you to do anything at any point in time.People complain there isn't enough solo content, so what did SoE do? Create a huge amount of solo content. Now what happens? All the people that were content with grouping before come out of their shell and complain there isn't enough grouping content (or the rewards therein).Now, complaining about real existing bugs is legitimate. And I mean real BUGS, not the things that bug you, but gameplay elements that seems to be broken due to coding or something. A spell not working, a broken quest, proc on item's not working, ect...Otherwise I'm sure SoE made RoK the way they intended to. An exciting progressive story throughout all the lands of Kunark that anyone can enjoy!<u><i>hortefoutre wrote -</i></u><i><span class="postbody">"I have been very surprised to see my xp bar almost  totally stationnary when i kill monsterand making enormous move for completing any quest, even the most simple. Monsters also tend to drop nothing, bonemire monster that are flagged with a similarlevel are three time weaker but three time richer. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">Here again quests are the major money makers. </span></i><span class="postbody"></span><i><span class="postbody">I enjoy questing and i dislike ki;;in monsters with no reason. </span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #00ff66;">* Unless you don't read anything, every NPC has a reason for you to kill whatever it is they need you to kill. *</span></span><i><span class="postbody">But i also beloeve that killing monsters should  provide some form of reward. <span style="color: #99ff99;">*</span></span></i><span class="postbody"><span style="color: #99ff99;">Whether its exp, body loot, body cash, quest update, AA or whatever, you are getting a reward. Less exp per kill, for more exp in the end for the quest. There's nothing wrong with that.</span></span><i><span class="postbody">Till Rok i found that thie  Monsters/Quest balance was  fine. But accoding to me this balanceis broken in ROK, now instead of killing my way to reach a  place or perform a duty  i buy totems and kill the minimum number of monsters."</span></i>Sorry, but I am a [I cannot control my vocabulary] <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img mce_tsrc=" />" width="15" height="15" /> I mean no offense, really *wink*</blockquote><p>Wow, anger management much?  Aside from your own personal agenda, your post has nothing to do with the topic.  /next</p></blockquote>I'm not angry at all. Extremely sarcastic, yes. Angry, no. Aside from my own personal agenda, your post has nothing to do with this topic either! Your post has to do with criticizing my reply to the OP and in doing such you created a pointless thought to add to a reply you thought which was pointless, further generating even more pointlessness to your already pointless thought. Much like I am doing now, and many people have done before me and will do after, and so it is and will always be.My time is not valuable by any means, which means any time you spend wasting your time reading my writing from the time I wasted, is just waste.Any further additions to steer even more off topic is welcome <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> well, by me at least.

orchard54
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
anyone who doesn't find my previous post humorous really needs to lighten up <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Z-m
05-31-2008, 07:57 PM
The really weird thing to me is that in the middle of all the mind numbing , rinse-repeat, solo quest in Rok, which many actually do give really nice rewards is City of Mist. It's a change half way through doing KJ solo quest when all of sudden bam your start getting a whole lot of heroic content. Now normally I would enjoy this stuff because looking back at EoF  and KOS heroic quests the loot was good. But the loot for the quest for City of Mist, from the quests I've actually finished and others that I looked into on Wikia have really crappy rewards especially when considering the effort. What's the point then? Why knock yourself out trudging thru this area when the mobs now not only give crappy XP but the quest rewards are crappy too? Where's the risk vs reward? The only decent reward I got from doing quests there was the pocket golem when it actually did something and wasn't just follow around useless eye candy. But they pretty quickly nerfed  it. Unless there is something I'm missing I don't see the point in completing the rest of the other quests I have for that area.

orchard54
05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I've probably made about 60-70 plat from the quests and selling their rewards. Compared to mastercrafted gear, of course the item rewards from the solo quests won't be as good. But they are good experience and money nonetheless!