PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tracking

glim3mer
01-13-2008, 05:00 AM
I've been reading a lot of posts as of late and Im very confused with the responses from people in regards to tracking. So I need to post here to clarify somethings.1- Some people say that tracking only works for targets that are relatively close to you, almost within sight distance some say, so my question here is, is it true then that tracking does not track accross the zone? Cause some say it tracks you within the zone, others say it tracks only for people who are relatively close to you. So which is it? Lets use Antonica as an example. Can I track someone anywhere in Antonica or not?2- I've read in a place or two that some people are saying that tracking items, like totems, trinkets, etc, will be coming out soon and this will give every class a tracking option similar to scouts. My question here is, is this true? If so, is there an official post by SoE anywhere where it would prove this is true? and, is there an ETA as far as those tracking items go?

yohann koldheart
01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
<p>you can only pick players and npc's up on track that are fairly close to you, however if you pick a player up on track then you fly on a sokokar or griffon to the other side of the zone his location will still be on your map and follow him.</p><p>track is buggey atm also, some zones you can see players right in front of you and they arent on track yet</p>

Elephanton
01-13-2008, 12:48 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>however if you pick a player up on track then you fly on a sokokar or griffon to the other side of the zone his location will still be on your map and follow him.</blockquote><span style="font-size: medium;">Which is so ridiculous TBH!How you can investigate traces flying 100 meters over them?How you can have your enemy shown on your map as a little moving red dot... blip-blip... man, do all players get some kind of GPS tracking unit attached to them?Track should stay in this game, yes.But it should be nerfed heavily to fix these obvious flaws.</span>

Echgar
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
<cite>glim3mer wrote:</cite><blockquote>I've been reading a lot of posts as of late and Im very confused with the responses from people in regards to tracking. So I need to post here to clarify somethings.</blockquote>Please participate in one of the existing threads.  Starting a brand new thread just restarts all the old debates from the other threads.