PDA

View Full Version : update 42???


tequiero
01-09-2008, 07:06 PM
anyone got info  on the new changes ? or what they may add?

XeroXs84
01-10-2008, 08:29 AM
+ New PVP-Token System (Writs)+ Epic Weapons Quests+ Warlock Broodling FixThats all I seen around posted by Aerilik and other Devs so far.Its not on test yet so nobody will know exact information, also a dev stated that it will hit live servers end of january, so it should be on test in a week or so.

Raidyen
01-10-2008, 12:45 PM
<p>whats wrong with the warlock broodling?  I must have missed it.</p><p>Also MC jewlery is supposed to get a boost like the MC armor did in 41.  They said 42, but if somthing gets pushed back, it will most likely be this.</p>

Bozidar
01-10-2008, 01:16 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>whats wrong with the warlock broodling?  I must have missed it.</p><p>Also MC jewlery is supposed to get a boost like the MC armor did in 41.  They said 42, but if somthing gets pushed back, it will most likely be this.</p></blockquote>what about weapons, shields?  how about dolls?

Raidyen
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I know weapons were mentioned, don't know about dolls and shields.  The impression i got was weapons would come after jewlery.  There was a dev post about it back in early december during the MC armor disccusions.  Ill see if i can dig it up.

Raidyen
01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
<p><span style="color: #99ccff;">Domino wrote on 12/11/07:</span></p><p><span style="color: #99ccff;">Hex dolls were originally in extremely high demand because when they were introduced by Frizznik, because there was almost nothing other than the hex dolls that had stats for the charm slots.  Charm slot items were not originally intended to have stats, so the dolls were great at most levels; things like the vessel, the djinn music boxes, and the idols of Zan'Fi were possible to acquire at higher levels but far from easy compared to the hex dolls.  And of course for raids where for some reason you were standing there with nothing to do (e.g. not melee'ing the Corsolander due to his damage shield) hex dolls gave the melee folks something clicky to click on and feel slightly useful.  However, quite recently the itemization decision changed so that stats have started being added to more charm slot items.  This means there's more competition for the charm slot, and hex dolls aren't necessarily the easy and clear first choice.  Which is not to say they should be the best or only choice, of course.  But they should remain a valid option.So the question is: are they still reasonably competitive?  And if not, should they change at all?  It's a good question.  But it's not a vastly urgent question IMO -- there's other things that should be looked at first, which would probably include mastercrafted jewelry and weapons as a higher priority.  And there's a lot of other stuff people are asking for first too, and tailors are already getting all their mastercrafted armor upgraded with GU41.So yeah ... would it be good to revisit hex doll stats?  Sure, at some point it would be good to at least do a sanity check and see where they lie in the grand itemization scheme of things, and I'm aware it's something that should go on the list at some point.  Is it going to happen right away?  No.  Apart from there being other more urgent things do to first, I for one plan to have a Christmas holiday which does not include reitemization of mastercrafted anything!</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffffff;">So it looks like Jewlery and weapons are next up based on this.  Of coarse its not been locked in to LU42 yet, atleast not until we see a new dev post about it, but i give it a good 50/50 shot.  If we don't see it in 42, i can only assume we will see it in 43.  Crafters arent going to be happy that armor's are the only ones that got a boost.  And Domino being one of the best devs i have ever seen in an MMO, will be sure to make her people happy.</span></p>

-Arctura-
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><span style="color: #99ccff;">Domino wrote on 12/11/07:</span></p><p><span style="color: #99ccff;">Hex dolls were originally in extremely high demand because when they were introduced by Frizznik, because there was almost nothing other than the hex dolls that had stats for the charm slots.  Charm slot items were not originally intended to have stats, so the dolls were great at most levels; things like the vessel, the djinn music boxes, and the idols of Zan'Fi were possible to acquire at higher levels but far from easy compared to the hex dolls.  And of course for raids where for some reason you were standing there with nothing to do (e.g. not melee'ing the Corsolander due to his damage shield) hex dolls gave the melee folks something clicky to click on and feel slightly useful.  However, quite recently the itemization decision changed so that stats have started being added to more charm slot items.  This means there's more competition for the charm slot, and hex dolls aren't necessarily the easy and clear first choice.  Which is not to say they should be the best or only choice, of course.  But they should remain a valid option.So the question is: are they still reasonably competitive?  And if not, should they change at all?  It's a good question.  But it's not a vastly urgent question IMO -- there's other things that should be looked at first, which would probably include mastercrafted jewelry and weapons as a higher priority.  And there's a lot of other stuff people are asking for first too, and tailors are already getting all their mastercrafted armor upgraded with GU41.So yeah ... would it be good to revisit hex doll stats?  Sure, at some point it would be good to at least do a sanity check and see where they lie in the grand itemization scheme of things, and I'm aware it's something that should go on the list at some point.  Is it going to happen right away?  No.  Apart from there being other more urgent things do to first, I for one plan to have a Christmas holiday which does not include reitemization of mastercrafted anything!</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffffff;">So it looks like Jewlery and weapons are next up based on this.  Of coarse its not been locked in to LU42 yet, atleast not until we see a new dev post about it, but i give it a good 50/50 shot.  If we don't see it in 42, i can only assume we will see it in 43.  Crafters arent going to be happy that armor's are the only ones that got a boost.  And Domino being one of the best devs i have ever seen in an MMO, will be sure to make her people happy.</span></p></blockquote>(( Dom is awesome, gave us lots of nice inside informations at the Fan Faire in vegas <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Takes time to answer all the questions too <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

XeroXs84
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>whats wrong with the warlock broodling?  I must have missed it.</p><p>Also MC jewlery is supposed to get a boost like the MC armor did in 41.  They said 42, but if somthing gets pushed back, it will most likely be this.</p></blockquote>Warlock Broodlings dont scale in levels anymore like they did pre-rok .. so that makesthem hit barely anything above level 80 as the spell is level 72 or something like that.