PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a FFA PVP server like there was in EQ1

Zagraz
01-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Years ago I enjoyed eq1 as my first MMO experiance.  After getting the feel for the game I moved to the ffa pvp server and I was amazed.  It was complete freedom, freedom to kill anyone, or group with them instead, freedom to speak to and taunt enemies, or to make unlikely alliances.  I was freedom to play the way you wanted to play.  Since that time I have been trying to find another good MMO that equals that level of pvp freedom.  I was hoping that EQ2 would carry on the same level of freedom and unrestricted gameplay as the original; sadly it does not.      The problem with team based pvp in an MMO like this is that it encourages thoughtless slaughtering of the other side.  When you can group with and speak to anyone, there is less ganking and corpse camping because people know that they might be asking you for a group next time or getting blacklisted on the whole server.  With team based pvp and no communication the enemy just becomes like any other MOB in the game with better AI.  With FFA pvp you usually have a reason for killing someone.  I don't like being forced to kill someone just because they are a different race.      One thing that should not be included in a ffa server is the pvp rewards system.  It just encourages repeated killing and if i wanted mindless bloodshed then i would go play a fps or a fighter, not an RPG.  We should not be forced to pvp just to stay competitive in gear, we should be pvping for fun.  Its hardly fun when you slaughter the same noobs over and over again just for the gear without even being able to communicate with them.It would not be hard for SOE to create a ffa server and allow free transfers from the other pvp servers to fill it out.Let SOE know if you also like to be able to pvp with freedom.

Vydar
01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Nagafen is over populated.Venekor and Vox are underpopulated.A 4th pvp server would be a bad idea.

Swifthand
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Nagafen is over populated.Venekor and Vox are underpopulated.A 4th pvp server would be a bad idea.</blockquote><p>I'd rather see the devs convert one of the 3 pvp servers into a FFA server. Perhaps they could create a poll and have us vote on which server will become a FFA server. </p><p>I agree creating a 4th pvp server would be a little to much, but If that were to happen, you'd see many people from all 3 servers migrate to the FFA server simply because it's a "new" server which means new discoveries, bragging rights on first epic mob kills, etc. So, if SOE were to create a brand new FFA server, it would most likely become the new and improved Nagafen and the rest of the pvp servers would become ghost towns.</p>

Siphar
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Nagafen is over populated.Venekor and Vox are underpopulated.A 4th pvp server would be a bad idea.</blockquote><p>I'd rather see the devs convert one of the 3 pvp servers into a FFA server. Perhaps they could create a poll and have us vote on which server will become a FFA server. </p><p>I agree creating a 4th pvp server would be a little to much, but If that were to happen, you'd see many people from all 3 servers migrate to the FFA server simply because it's a "new" server which means new discoveries, bragging rights on first epic mob kills, etc. So, if SOE were to create a brand new FFA server, it would most likely become the new and improved Nagafen and the rest of the pvp servers would become ghost towns.</p></blockquote>IMO ffa doesn't fit in with the lore of the game. You have 2 sides and exile. Exile is as close to ffa you get i'm afraid. INfact exile IS ffa? without the rewards but availibility to raid 24 classes.

Necodem
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
<p>There no room for a 4th servers. Vox and venekor are still waiting for a merge to a high population server.... then perhaps we can discuss about it after...</p><p>And btw FFA is the Exile way.</p>

Spyderbite
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
<cite>Siphar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite>IMO ffa doesn't fit in with the lore of the game. You have 2 sides and exile. Exile is as close to ffa you get i'm afraid. INfact exile IS ffa? without the rewards but availibility to raid 24 classes.</blockquote>I agree. I came to EQ2 to escape the anarchy of a FFA PvP system that didn't have any working factions and thus zero purpose behind fighting except for a score card. Exile is the current option for FFA and I hope it stays that way.Betray if you want FFA PvP. But, opening a whole new server or kicking people off an existing server because they don't wish to participate in FFA is not a solution. It just creates a "fish in a barrel" environment for griefers.

Gimet
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
<p>YOu guys and your FFA really kills me. If you want FFA just so you can attack reds, then you can attac reds any day and as an exile they can attack you first. If you want FFA to kill greys, shame on you....get outta here. If you want to run around willy nilly and attack anyone you see, go to exile....it's like that there.</p><p>FFA= BAD idea.</p>

Sorffats
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
<p>I played EQ1 on rallos Zek server for 6 years.   And there wasn't the kind of freedom that you insist there was.  There were power guilds that controlled the entire server (I was in one of them).   If you crossed them, ticked them off, weren't in their rotation for raid content (pre-instanced raiding) and attempted to raid said content, didn't bow to them, or even made them think that you weren't bowing to them; then you got KoS'd  (labeled as killed on sight) until you paid some kind of hefty fee to get removed from KoS (the price depended on your notoriety...as little as 10kp to as much as 100kp) or, in some cased, perma kos.</p><p>There were two kinds of people on rallos zek.  There were the anti-pks and the pks.   Anti pk didn't mean you didn't pvp, it just means you only pvp'd with some kind of reason or to anyone that was kos (this included all known pks and anyone on a kos list).  I was part of one of the 3 top anti-pk guilds on the server, and it was a domination contest, so to speak.   We didn't let pks raid.  We didn't let kos's raid.  If you harbored someone on our kos list in your guild, your entire guild would become kos.  You couldn't utilize this "freedom" you so fondly speak of without some really major reprocussions.</p><p>That said, however, I do like the idea of a FFA pvp server.  Even if there isn't the "freedom" that you want everyone to think there is, there would certainly be some big gains.   Exiled guilds would be basically non-existant since any faction could group/guild with any other faction.  FP and Qeynos alike would have the same ability to utilize every class when it came to raiding.  </p>

Csky
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
<p>no</p><p>i like  PVP server Venekor as it is.. its realistic and a combination of PVE and PVP with the danger of enemies around is what makes it exciting</p><p>i didnt roll venekor JUST to gank people ..i played daoc for 5 years which was nothing but PVP /yawn and actually enjoy the balanced mixture and the realism of EQ2</p><p>a FFA would ruin the purpose and realism of PVP and take away from the other servers..which from what ive experienced so far venekor has a nice playable population ATM for people who like a healthy mixture of PVE and PVP together</p><p>to the above poster:  i wish this game had anti PK and PK also instead of everyone being forced to compete with a stats/title..that would be the ONE thing that would make the PVP role-playing server more in line with roleplaying to have some players be more offensive and some more defensive</p><p>thats the one thing i think would have made it alot more real and wouldn't have pushed so many to roll classes with tools to farm people like trackers</p>

Vrenrar
01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I played EQ1 on rallos Zek server for 6 years.   And there wasn't the kind of freedom that you insist there was.  There were power guilds that controlled the entire server (I was in one of them).   If you crossed them, ticked them off, weren't in their rotation for raid content (pre-instanced raiding) and attempted to raid said content, didn't bow to them, or even made them think that you weren't bowing to them; then you got KoS'd  (labeled as killed on sight) until you paid some kind of hefty fee to get removed from KoS (the price depended on your notoriety...as little as 10kp to as much as 100kp) or, in some cased, perma kos.</p><p>There were two kinds of people on rallos zek.  There were the anti-pks and the pks.   Anti pk didn't mean you didn't pvp, it just means you only pvp'd with some kind of reason or to anyone that was kos (this included all known pks and anyone on a kos list).  I was part of one of the 3 top anti-pk guilds on the server, and it was a domination contest, so to speak.   We didn't let pks raid.  We didn't let kos's raid.  If you harbored someone on our kos list in your guild, your entire guild would become kos.  You couldn't utilize this "freedom" you so fondly speak of without some really major reprocussions.</p><p>That said, however, I do like the idea of a FFA pvp server.  Even if there isn't the "freedom" that you want everyone to think there is, there would certainly be some big gains.   Exiled guilds would be basically non-existant since any faction could group/guild with any other faction.  FP and Qeynos alike would have the same ability to utilize every class when it came to raiding.  </p></blockquote>Wow, that sounds really fun......actual RP PVP...something eq2 lacks.

Csky
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
actually in RP good and evil dont play side by side in a battle for good and evil :p

Vrenrar
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
<cite>Csky wrote:</cite><blockquote>actually in RP good and evil dont play side by side in a battle for good and evil :p</blockquote>well, if it is anything like Eragahn or the OP described, then that would be up to the RPer to decide. Whether to maintain the standard civility between good and evil or be a rogue that caters to the opposing faction. (ex. the darkelf that has a soft spot for halfling). Thats true RP IMO, not just Good v.s. Evil - with no flexability.

Expres
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
<cite>Csky wrote:</cite><blockquote>actually in RP good and evil dont play side by side in a battle for good and evil :p</blockquote>IMO in RP, good and evil are determined by your actions, not by where your Call Home spell takes you.And really, how can you RP good vs evil without communication between the two?  Poorly, thats how.As has already been mentioned, an FFA server would solve many of the current "complaints" out there; Exile is only viable option to raid, zomg the twinks, <insert class here> is overpowered (ok well that one won't go away but I think it would be reduced greatly as no one would be restricted from a class choice do to picking a side).Open an FFA server please.  The only reason not to is for fear that there would be an exodus from the existing PvP servers.  The question is would it keep/gain more people in the long run than the current PvP server options of PvP Heavy and PvP Light.  IMO it would as there would be 2 distinct rules sets for people to choose between, and honestly many people have grown disillusioned with the problems inherent in the current environment.

Asp9873
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
something like a no-nerfs/no-restrictions every-man/woman-for-him/herself type pvp server?

Sightless
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
<cite>Expresso wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Csky wrote:</cite><blockquote>actually in RP good and evil dont play side by side in a battle for good and evil :p</blockquote>IMO in RP, good and evil are determined by your actions, not by where your Call Home spell takes you.And really, how can you RP good vs evil without communication between the two?  Poorly, thats how.As has already been mentioned, an FFA server would solve many of the current "complaints" out there; Exile is only viable option to raid, zomg the twinks, <insert class here> is overpowered (ok well that one won't go away but I think it would be reduced greatly as no one would be restricted from a class choice do to picking a side).Open an FFA server please.  The only reason not to is for fear that there would be an exodus from the existing PvP servers.  The question is would it keep/gain more people in the long run than the current PvP server options of PvP Heavy and PvP Light.  IMO it would as there would be 2 distinct rules sets for people to choose between, and honestly many people have grown disillusioned with the problems inherent in the current environment.</blockquote>lol.. In any fantasy world 1 out of 1000 trolls are evil, and not everyone is a Shrek. Ogres too, are evil. There is no way a High Elf is going to group with either one of them. The racial hate of races in a fantasy world is something many can't grasp.

Armironhead
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
<cite>Siphar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Nagafen is over populated.Venekor and Vox are underpopulated.A 4th pvp server would be a bad idea.</blockquote><p>I'd rather see the devs convert one of the 3 pvp servers into a FFA server. Perhaps they could create a poll and have us vote on which server will become a FFA server. </p><p>I agree creating a 4th pvp server would be a little to much, but If that were to happen, you'd see many people from all 3 servers migrate to the FFA server simply because it's a "new" server which means new discoveries, bragging rights on first epic mob kills, etc. So, if SOE were to create a brand new FFA server, it would most likely become the new and improved Nagafen and the rest of the pvp servers would become ghost towns.</p></blockquote>IMO ffa doesn't fit in with the lore of the game. You have 2 sides and exile. Exile is as close to ffa you get i'm afraid. INfact exile IS ffa? without the rewards but availibility to raid 24 classes.</blockquote>A modified ffa would be consistent with the lore and more so -- to wit: no lvl limits any faction can kill any other faction member without regard to lvl in any location.  Personally, I would restrict this slightly further and limit qs to being only able to kill members of opposing factions and not each other since they are "good two shoes."

Armironhead
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>YOu guys and your FFA really kills me. If you want FFA just so you can attack reds, then you can attac reds any day and as an exile they can attack you first. If you want FFA to kill greys, shame on you....get outta here. If you want to run around willy nilly and attack anyone you see, go to exile....it's like that there.</p><p>FFA= BAD idea.</p></blockquote>When I was lvling up the zones where the reds could attack you were the <i>best</i> zones.  There was a sense of challenge and achievment in avoiding them and accomplishing your goals knowing that there was an intellegent enemy out there. Consequently, I am continually amazed by folk who oppose ffa (even though they would not play on it themselves) out of some misguided belief that a paternalistic need to protect low lvl players is a moral necessity to game play.  You don't like ffa fine -- nobody is forcing you to play on it.  But why oppose it? There is a vocal grp of players who voluntarily want to play in that style, and there is simply no legitimate reason not to let them do so.

MuliganVanJurai
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
<p>I would like to roll fresh on a server actually.  I wish they would go ahead and get it down to 2 pvp servers and then bring a fresh one up.</p><p>There are some many things I would like to do working from the ground up.</p>

Vydar
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Imo...Merge Vox and Venekor.  Keep the Station Exchange tag.  Allow transfers off to Nagafen for a two week period of time, then maintain the current system of only being allowed to transfer from Non SE to SE. 

novok
01-05-2008, 06:12 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Imo...Merge Vox and Venekor.  Keep the Station Exchange tag.  Allow transfers off to Nagafen for a two week period of time, then maintain the current system of only being allowed to transfer from Non SE to SE.  </blockquote>So you're saying make everyone on Venekor SE? No thanks. If I wanted to be SE I would have rolled SE. Sorry your server is lacking but forcing it upon Venekor is not your answer. As to an FFA server, I would probably roll on it to see if I liked it. But I would definitley want to be able to go back to Ven if I did not.

diamondsR4ever
01-06-2008, 11:32 AM
<p>FFA -  are for the men</p><p>Level Limits = for the carebears babies</p><p> FACT!</p><p>Exile isn't ffa at all... it's one sided. Imagaine you got to soidiers who wanna kill each other 1 you give a gun to and the other you give nothing and then say... it's FFA with guns ROFL... i-d-iots!</p><p>Ragamuffin</p>

Madsum
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
<cite>diamondsR4ever wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>FFA -  are for the men</p><p>Level Limits = for the carebears babies</p><p> FACT!</p><p>Exile isn't ffa at all... it's one sided. Imagaine you got to soidiers who wanna kill each other 1 you give a gun to and the other you give nothing and then say... it's FFA with guns ROFL... i-d-iots!</p><p>Ragamuffin</p></blockquote><p>Exile is the best form of FFA you ever can get.</p><p>We just got a discussion ended with an big change, cause people complained that much about getting killed by higher level-locked twinks without having the slightest chance to win.....and to be honest, when they didnt act complete d u m b, they would even have outleveled those "ugly" twinks in max. two days (mostly able to use instances without get killed by pvp once), or would have been able to fight them after a few days of hard work.</p><p>What would you think will happen when level 80s hang out after every corner, ready to one shot any 10+ darkgrey whenever they can?</p><p>If you like that, then you still have the chance to get that feeling.....roll a new toon, exile him at level 10.....and attack anything you see around.</p><p>The one and only point that people are begging for an FFA server is even that, they want to be able to get cheap kills on greys.....and exactly to avoid that, SOE made the levelrange based rules, and implemented the exiles for the hardcore-"kids".</p>

Spyderbite
01-06-2008, 03:32 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Imo...Merge Vox and Venekor.  Keep the Station Exchange tag.  Allow transfers off to Nagafen for a two week period of time, then maintain the current system of only being allowed to transfer from Non SE to SE.  </blockquote>Gawd I'm glad that's just your opinion. I have no desire to play on Naggy and the idea of playing on an SE server sickens me. I'd be screwed. And, in that "backed in to a corner" scenario.. you better believe I'll start chirping for SOE to drop SE on vox all together, merge it with Venekor, then offer free transfers to SE PvE.I have no problem getting beat down by somebody who is better equipped than me. But, I would have a huge problem getting beat down by somebody better equipped than me just because they have a healthier RL bank account. /shudders

Sorffats
01-07-2008, 04:30 AM
<p>I think that the biggest complaint about how the current pvp servers are is that there are 3 factions and only one of those factions are able to utilize every class in the game.   That in itself is unbalanced.  So, SOE, in it's twisted wisdom, puts in pvp gear for the city factions.   The gear isn't that difficult to get, easier for some classes (scouts) than others.  But it really isn't just about the gear.   For me, it's about seeing content.   At the high end of the game, it is really difficult to raid the higher end content with only the useability of half the classes.</p><p>Yeah, yeah.  This is a pvp server, where do I get off complaining about pve/raiding?  I love to pvp.  I don't claim to be the best.  Hell, I don't even claim to be all that good at it, but I do enjoy it.  Even with all of EQ2's EXTREME unballancing of the classes (ahem...swashies;p), I enjoy it.  But I do want to enjoy the pve content as much as the pvp.   Yes, I know it CAN be done, but the difficulty in doing so in the city factions is sometimes a bit extreme to just call it challenging.  Not all of us want to exile just so we can get to the high end raid zones with relative ease.   We don't expect it to be handed to us, but we do expect to be able to experience these parts of the game that we pay for.</p><p>I feel that a FFA server (with simpler guidelines of course) would solve that issue.   In a FFA pvp server, we could group, guild, speak with anyone of either faction.   And as a previous poster pointed out, who is to say that a person is only good or evil depending on what city they call to or choose to create their toon in?   In many ways, EQ2 is superior (IMO) to EQ1, but in some ways, EQ1 was just more realistic when it came to classes and alignments (specifically on the FFA server).   Dark elves could be magicians (EQ1's equivilant to EQ2's conjuror) and reside in Neriak (the ultimate city of evil).   Humans could be a necromancer and reside in Qeynos or Freeport (in eq1, freeport was the city of the humans, and was predominantly "good", afterall, the paladin and cleric guild was in north freeport in eq1).</p><p>Anyway, to get to the point; it did't matter which city you called home, you could choose who you guilded with, raided with, fought with, fought against.   Everyone had the same opportunity.  Not saying that this would come without some downfalls, the biggest being that, with the exception of your known friends, you'd never really know who was out to kill you.</p>

Izzypop
01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
<p>Want FFA?</p><p>Go Team Exile</p><p>Welcome to haven.</p>

Expres
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
<cite>Izzypop wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Want FFA?</p><p>Go Team Exile</p><p>Welcome to haven.</p></blockquote>You know thats not really FFA.Even if you argue that it is, exiled is merely a small subset of toons on the server.  Unless everyone was <i>forced</i> to exile, it would not be an FFA server.

Zagraz
01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Keep the level limits in place for all I care, I don't want to play FFA so I can gank lvl 10s, I want to be able to group with and talk to the opposing faction, OR kill them.  You still can't talk to or group with the other factions if you choose exile, thats not really FFA.

tass
01-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Even if everyone went exile its not a ffa server. FFA is FFA. The spells, the classes, evac, track, invis, outpost warp everything is out of wack because nothing is ballanced. That bs about resists and armor being your friend? Nope. In FFA if theirs a swarm of 100 lv 1's you better get your  lv 50 [Removed for Content] outa their cause each of those blades is gonna hit for at least 1 dmg. Uber gear? hahahah ya theirs no full suit equip bs like that. Theirs equipped %. You get 100% each peice of gear depending on lv and skill costs part. If you spend 80% on a sweet chest piece, you bet ur [Removed for Content] your not gonna be able to put the rest on.FFA is hell for all. Its not fair, its not easy, you can't even play the but im a crafter card because they're right their telling you to bend over at your crafting table and calling you suzy while they rob ur arze. Money ain't safe, items ain't safe. You can kill as many lv 1's as you want, but just remember, those dudes 30 levels higher are comn for ur [Removed for Content] soon to, and they'll be grave camping and outpost camping as well. Oh ya no immunity either. And when you cry like a little girl you can be sure their will be plenty of people to laugh and call you names you'll probably have to look up in a dictionary. The gm's included lol.So unless its hell on norrath. It aint FFA

Spyderbite
01-13-2008, 04:12 AM
<cite>Expresso wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite></cite>You know thats not really FFA.</blockquote>Exactly. And that is the reason that we're all playing EQ2 and not any of the other games that offer FFA. Exile is the alternative for those who want FFA. For those that want to emulate their PS2 on their computer.. there are other games out there for that.

Solvar
02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Umm.. this sounds awesome. Of course it's not awesome that are on the bad side of these people. But the order you describe is neat that it evolved like that.. it sounds all gang-land ish or something.Having said that I probably wouldn't last a few hrs in such a system.. it would [Removed for Content] me off too much. <cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I played EQ1 on rallos Zek server for 6 years.   And there wasn't the kind of freedom that you insist there was.  There were power guilds that controlled the entire server (I was in one of them).   If you crossed them, ticked them off, weren't in their rotation for raid content (pre-instanced raiding) and attempted to raid said content, didn't bow to them, or even made them think that you weren't bowing to them; then you got KoS'd  (labeled as killed on sight) until you paid some kind of hefty fee to get removed from KoS (the price depended on your notoriety...as little as 10kp to as much as 100kp) or, in some cased, perma kos.</p><p>There were two kinds of people on rallos zek.  There were the anti-pks and the pks.   Anti pk didn't mean you didn't pvp, it just means you only pvp'd with some kind of reason or to anyone that was kos (this included all known pks and anyone on a kos list).  I was part of one of the 3 top anti-pk guilds on the server, and it was a domination contest, so to speak.   We didn't let pks raid.  We didn't let kos's raid.  If you harbored someone on our kos list in your guild, your entire guild would become kos.  You couldn't utilize this "freedom" you so fondly speak of without some really major reprocussions.</p><p>That said, however, I do like the idea of a FFA pvp server.  Even if there isn't the "freedom" that you want everyone to think there is, there would certainly be some big gains.   Exiled guilds would be basically non-existant since any faction could group/guild with any other faction.  FP and Qeynos alike would have the same ability to utilize every class when it came to raiding.  </p></blockquote>

Alycs
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
<cite>diamondsR4ever wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>FFA -  are for the men</p><p>Level Limits = for the carebears babies</p><p> FACT!</p><p>Exile isn't ffa at all... it's one sided. Imagaine you got to soidiers who wanna kill each other 1 you give a gun to and the other you give nothing and then say... it's FFA with guns ROFL... i-d-iots!</p><p>Ragamuffin</p></blockquote>Well then .... I'm glad I don't want FFA since biologically, I am NOT a man.  I don't have that dangling participle that you seem to think is all important.  Nor, am I a carebear OR a baby.  Frankly speaking, Care Bears are one of the first cartoon proponents of mind control.  Gee...we don't like how you're feeling ... so... Care Bear Stare!  Poof...you now think and feel the way WE want you to.  As for baby, hmm...I've had three babies, so I'm pretty sure that I'm NOT a baby.I object to being called a carebear baby because I don't want FFA.  If this had been FFA, I'd have never rolled a char on Venekor and I wouldn't be playing EQ2 as the PvE game was getting ... very boring.  Just because you have adolescent dreams of killing everyone and everything does not mean that everyone has the exact same dream.  So, instead of insulting those that do not think or feel the way you do, try to post something a bit more constructive.Personaly, I'd rather not get merged with an SE server for the same reason Spyderbite has.  I'd hate to get ganked because someone else has more RL funds to BUY stuff with.  And my characters get ganked enough. *laughs*  If they turned the PvP SE server into an FFA, maybe.  Might even lighten the load on Nagafen some.  Besides, I'm very happy with how Venekor is evolving.

Sorffats
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
<cite>Zagraz wrote:</cite><blockquote>Keep the level limits in place for all I care, I don't want to play FFA so I can gank lvl 10s, I want to be able to group with and talk to the opposing faction, OR kill them.  You still can't talk to or group with the other factions if you choose exile, thats not really FFA.</blockquote><p>Heh, EVERYONE, knows someone in their own alignment that they'd just love to kill out in the field.   I'm with ya about keeping the pvp level limits in place.   I don't want to go gank level 10's,  but would just love to have pvp AND be able to have a more balanced experience with raiding.   </p><p>With a FFA pvp system, if you still wanted to have pvp gear/items, you wouldn't need tokens.  But just a points system.   You get so many points per pvp kill (depending on level difference, solo kill, group kill, being outnumbered and being the victor and, perhaps, title difference , etc.) and any piece of gear/item would cost a number of those points to purchase.   </p>