PDA

View Full Version : Tauntstances in PvP are broken

Xunen
01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
<p>Okay, so before I start I will write down what each tauntstance from every tank class does in PvP.</p><p>Guardian:</p><p> - 50% chance when target takes damage: - - Target the Guardian and can't switch target for 3 seconds.</p><p>Berserker:</p><p> - 20% chance when target is damaged with a melee weapon: - - Inflicts a decent amount of damage and target the Berserker and can't switch for 3 seconds.</p><p>Paladin:</p><p> - Amends: - - Same as Guardian, only with a 5% chance and can put the buff on a group member.</p><p>Bruiser:</p><p> - Triggers ~6 times per minute on a successfull melee attack: - - Inflicts a decent amount of damage and target the Bruiser and can't switch for 3 seconds.</p><p>Monk:</p><p> - Triggers ~10 times per minute on a successfull melee attack: - - Target the Monk but you can switch target right afterwards again.</p><p>Shadowknight:</p><p> - Nothing</p><p>Now I understand that some classes are intended to hold aggro in PvP easier as others, but as it is at the moment just seems bugged and needs to be fixed. Shadowknight and Monk are kinda lame at holding aggro in PvP. A Bruiser can hold aggro much better than a Monk, which seems very odd to me, since Monk is the one intended to tank better, and Bruiser the one intended to deal a bit more DPS. (At least that's what they say..)</p><p>If I fight against a group with a Guardian, it is impossible to even think of targetting another person, whereas I don't have any problems when a Shadowknight tanks. Monk's taunt stance is the most broken at the moment, because with the new Macro system you can easily create a Macro to target the healer before every DPS spell and this will completely ignore the taunt stance.</p><p>So here is my solution: Give monks tauntstance also a prevent from changing targets for maybe 1,5 seconds, or just remove Monks from the game. They aren't worth playing anymore, why play a Monk if there is a Bruiser? If things don't get fixed soon, we will betray to Freeport too, because things are just better there. And someday we will have to duel because no Qeynosians are left.</p><p>PS: I couldn't think of a good solution for the SK taunt stance, maybe make it change target to the SK when he is damaged, but without the 3 seconds prevent from changing targets.</p><p>PPS: The new taunt and detaunt procs from gear do nothing in PvP at the moment.</p>

Tae
01-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I've fought against monks who've managed to keep aggro pretty well. Alright they're not as good at it as a Guardian, but if they were then why would anyone ever play a guardian? Sure shadowknights are terrible at it, but they're terrible at everything. It's what you get when you have a class that's a jack of all trades - they end up being pretty bad at all of them.

Taldier
01-02-2008, 03:52 AM
<cite>Xunen wrote:</cite> <blockquote><p>If I fight against a group with a Guardian, it is impossible to even think of targetting another person</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">If your getting tauntlocked from hitting something....you could stop hitting it....</span></p><p>Monk's taunt stance is the most broken at the moment, because with the new Macro system you can easily create a Macro to target the healer before every DPS spell and this will completely ignore the taunt stance.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Righttttt, since we all have time to identify the healers and make macros before engaging in every pvp fight....does anyone out there actually do this? anyone? o.O lol</span></p><p>So here is my solution: Give monks tauntstance also a prevent from changing targets for maybe 1,5 seconds,</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">This may be a reasonable solution, however its for a problem that doesnt seem to exist.</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">  Havent seen many monks who couldnt decently hold agro, maybe you just suck?  nvm dont answer that question....</span></p><p>or just remove Monks from the game. They aren't worth playing anymore, why play a Monk if there is a Bruiser? </p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Pls....Im begging you....go say this in the bruiser forums....theres some people there who really need a good laugh.</span></p><p>If things don't get fixed soon, we will betray to Freeport too, because things are just better there. And someday we will have to duel because no Qeynosians are left.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Grass is always greener on the other side....but seriously have you seen freeport?....the grass doesnt even grow here....what are you thinking?....</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">and seriously...we dont want you here....</span></p><p>PPS: The new taunt and detaunt procs from gear do nothing in PvP at the moment.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">I doubt theyll bother to fix this, though they might if a monk is the one complaining, so keep at it.</span></p></blockquote>

Xunen
01-02-2008, 05:20 AM
<cite>Taldier wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Xunen wrote:</cite> <blockquote><p>If I fight against a group with a Guardian, it is impossible to even think of targetting another person</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">If your getting tauntlocked from hitting something....you could stop hitting it....</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Guardians also have many taunts, did you notice that?</span></i></p><p>Monk's taunt stance is the most broken at the moment, because with the new Macro system you can easily create a Macro to target the healer before every DPS spell and this will completely ignore the taunt stance.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Righttttt, since we all have time to identify the healers and make macros before engaging in every pvp fight....does anyone out there actually do this? anyone? o.O lol</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Yes, I know people who do this. Only cause you are too lazy to do it doesn't mean nobody does it.</span></i></p><p>So here is my solution: Give monks tauntstance also a prevent from changing targets for maybe 1,5 seconds,</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">This may be a reasonable solution, however its for a problem that doesnt seem to exist.</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">  Havent seen many monks who couldnt decently hold agro, maybe you just suck?  nvm dont answer that question....</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Sure I suck at holding aggro, but then I'm a Fury and don't even want to hold aggro. With the current amount of resists you get on hostile spells, it is impossible to hold aggro with only taunts. And the reason you haven't seen many monks who couldn't decently hold aggro is because you never go out and PvP. I wouln't see many Monks in EFP too.</span></i></p><p>or just remove Monks from the game. They aren't worth playing anymore, why play a Monk if there is a Bruiser? </p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Pls....Im begging you....go say this in the bruiser forums....theres some people there who really need a good laugh.</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="color: #ffffff;">Why the hell would I care if Bruisers need a good laugh</span>?</span></i></p><p>If things don't get fixed soon, we will betray to Freeport too, because things are just better there. And someday we will have to duel because no Qeynosians are left.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Grass is always greener on the other side....but seriously have you seen freeport?....the grass doesnt even grow here....what are you thinking?....</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Qeynos 1:5 Freeport, that's about the population of people who PvP in T8 at the moment.</span></i></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">and seriously...we dont want you here....</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">If I would betray, I also wouldn't want you in Freeport. Could you go to Qeynos then?</span></i></p><p>PPS: The new taunt and detaunt procs from gear do nothing in PvP at the moment.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">I doubt theyll bother to fix this, though they might if a monk is the one complaining, so keep at it.</span></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">So I should get a Monk to complain about it, if that will fix it.</span></i></p></blockquote></blockquote>

Norrsken
01-02-2008, 03:18 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>I've fought against monks who've managed to keep aggro pretty well. Alright they're not as good at it as a Guardian, but if they were then why would anyone ever play a guardian? Sure shadowknights are terrible at it, but they're terrible at everything. It's what you get when you have a class that's a jack of all trades - they end up being pretty bad at all of them. </blockquote>there are other jacks of all trades that didnt get their main purpose neutered for beinga ble to dabble with others. SKs have been jsut that in pvp. [Removed for Content] is up with removing one of the taunts of the tank with the least taunts to begin with?

MaCloud1032
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
<p>I was hoping to see something constructive come out of this but i can see it wont happen.</p><p>From the stand point of a SK we are the only class that has no way of locking any body down.</p>

Taldier
01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
<blockquote><blockquote><cite>Xunen wrote:</cite> <blockquote><p><i><span style="color: #ffffcc;">Guardians also have many taunts, did you notice that?</span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ff0000;">Yep, and so do monks, and zerkers, and bruisers.....  You were talking about reactive taunts and if you stop smacking said guardian it will not do anything.  Can be a useful piece of info right there.  </span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Sure I suck at holding aggro, but then I'm a Fury and don't even want to hold aggro. With the current amount of resists you get on hostile spells, it is impossible to hold aggro with only taunts. And the reason you haven't seen many monks who couldn't decently hold aggro is because you never go out and PvP. I wouln't see many Monks in EFP too.</span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ff0000;">I apologize, I cant tell you and your guildies apart since you never leave town without every last one of them being with ya.  Yes I can see the your fury sig, but who cares whos the alt of who and so on.  Not like Ill ever see you alone anyway.</span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ff0000;">As for me not pvping....sureee....all my kills must have come from bots who wandered into efp.  Personally even when I go afk because of (omg) my rl its never in efp, its to [I cannot control my vocabulary] laggy....so your an idiot who cant even make up good personal insults.</span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ffffff;">Why the hell would I care if Bruisers need a good laugh?</span></i></p><p><i><span style="color: #ff0000;">Cause it would be a nice thing to do?  Bruisers being inherently better then monks?  Seriously Im talking about people falling out of their chair laughing....why wouldnt you want that?</span></i></p><span style="color: #ffffff;"><i>Qeynos 1:5 Freeport, that's about the population of people who PvP in T8 at the moment.</i> </span><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Did you pull that number all the way out of your ---?  Those groups of q everywhere must be figments of my imagination....maybe none of them like you?</span></p></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote><p>If we want to get back to your original topic now.</p><p>Sk's are the only tank who got screwed in the pvp tanking department.</p><p>Maybe if some monks with some credibility were to say they had a problem someone would care.  Sorry, seeing someone from silver dragonballz or whatever whining just doesnt really garner sympathy.</p>

Xunen
01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
<p>Okay, so obviously nobody got the point of the whole tauntstance thing.</p><p>Aggromanagement needs some balance in PvP. I totally agree that the Guardian should have an I-Win taunstance, that's what they are good for, Berserker tauntstance also seems fair. But comparing SK, Monk and Paladin tauntstances with the other 3 tanks is like comparing Treasured with Fabled. (I know that some Treasureds out there are better than Fabled gear, anyway.. =P) SK's get some extra damageshield from their TAUNTstance, but this nowhere includes a taunt. Monk's taunstance doesn't have a targetlock timer, which makes the whole taunt useless and the 5% chance from the Paladin Amends also seem a bit low. That's 1/10 from what a Guardian gets. Guardians are the better tanks, but the 5% chance a Paladin gets are very poor compared to the 50% a Guardian gets.</p><p>This is a mayor problem at the moment, because taunstances seem to not resist as much as taunts do. Today a group of three resisted our Monk's grouptaunt twice in a row, all three of them. That's six resists in a matter of seconds. And he has his grouptaunt mastered.</p>