PDA

View Full Version : My PvP experiences as a young necro...


Raedu
12-31-2007, 09:09 AM
<p>....so far only being 21 mind you - things are going well.  TD helped me gear up a bit against all the twinks in t2.  With lifetap and word of force and my dots, I find I can keep up with most classes 1v1.</p><p>My gear is okay but I do have all adept III spells - so that helps.  I am just saying that reading all these posts I always here that necros are terrible.   I dont find it that way at all.  Venekor...come find me <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Darkor
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
<p>Come to T7/T8 where 1 auto attack does 5 times as much dmg as your lifetap can heal.</p>

Heleptra
12-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey dont give him an answer like that lol. if he gets skilled and plays hes necro well he dont hafto take any auto atacks, hits or [Removed for Content]. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Heleptra
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
<p>Hey dont give him an answer like that lol. if he gets skilled and plays hes necro well he dont hafto take any auto atacks, hits or [Removed for Content]. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>WTG show em that necro can be good if its well played. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Hartsia.</p>

Gimet
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
<p>You're level 21. 11 levels fro the first starting PvP level. TD gear is rediculously strong, and Necromancers for that level are strong as well. Even me as a Conjuror using Evocation can drop necromancers in less than 5 seconds now. The class faces mroe and more challenges as you go along. 21 is not a good representative of your class. In my 20's, I was a hard-headed conjuror who would jump into mobs, nuke them and survive. Same in PvP, I could go toe to toe and live. That all changes....I'll die if I try that on a mob and even moreso in PvP.</p><p>The classes need help to succeeed, but they don't always suck. When things get harder, don't punk out of the class. Stick to it.<img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="25" height="24" /></p>

Elephanton
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
<p>Rule of thumb for EQ2 PVP!<span style="font-size: medium;">DON'T JUDGE YOUR CLASS PERFORMANCE BY T3 PVP</span>Furies and necroses are as strong in T3, as they are weak in end-game</p>

WasFycksir
12-31-2007, 11:10 AM
<cite>Ajjantis wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Come to T7/T8 where 1 auto attack does 5 times as much dmg as your lifetap can heal.</p></blockquote><p>Thanks to the wonderful (/not) change he will be there soon enough...</p>

Elephanton
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
<p>And it's not a joke above on T8 autoattack vs. your lifetaps.</p><p>Yesterday assasin autoattacked my clothy for 1000+ in 1 hit.And his autoattack would hit like every 1.6 second.</p><p>Keep in mind that this is just autoattack... while CAs are doing much more damage...</p><p>Surely, your lifetaps would not make huge differences here.</p>

Vilesummon
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
<cite>Ajjantis wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Come to T7/T8 where 1 auto attack does 5 times as much dmg as your lifetap can heal.</p></blockquote>Same is true as conj, bad days up top right now, but we will see what the new year brings I guess. In all honesty, I think this is something that breaks a lot of people's hearts too because summoners on both sides are great for raiding, but just are not every efficient at pvp currently. Not saying you can never win, but it isn't surely isn't even close to ezmode. At least necros get decent looking pets <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />...admire them quickly before the necro dies.

Darkor
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Btw i have a T8 Necromancer, i know what im talking about. BTW 2k attacks are pretty common nowdays.

Raidyen
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
<cite>ElephantonRU wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Rule of thumb for EQ2 PVP!<span style="font-size: medium;">DON'T JUDGE YOUR CLASS PERFORMANCE BY T3 PVP</span>Furies and necroses are as strong in T3, as they are weak in end-game</p></blockquote><p>I assume your joking about the Furies.  Statements like that can really discreated anything true you have to say, like necro's being weak in T8.</p><p> To the OP, stick to you if its what you like, and don't let other convince you that your class sucks.  Decide that for yourself.  Keep you spells at Adept 3's, and be sure to look into the MC gear once you out grow the TD sutff, the changes to it made it better and easier to get then any legendary gear all the way up to T8.  </p>

Raedu
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM
<p>thanks for all the responses.  I look forward to the challenges at later levels - exp locked atm as I learn this game (left wow after years to come to a much much richer game in EQ2).</p><p>For me it seems the necro needs the opening attack - sick pet - drop fast casting dot - opponent becomes aware of attack - grasp - another dot - word of force - life tap - enchain - then rinse and repeat some rotation of wof and lifetap. </p><p> /shrug works okay now but it seems that become less of an option later on.</p><p>Nothing worthwile is ever easy <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />" width="15" height="15" /></p><p>ps How do I get my signature to stick here? :/</p>

Elephanton
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>ElephantonRU wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Rule of thumb for EQ2 PVP!<span style="font-size: medium;">DON'T JUDGE YOUR CLASS PERFORMANCE BY T3 PVP</span>Furies and necroses are as strong in T3, as they are weak in end-game</p></blockquote><p>I assume your joking about the Furies.  Statements like that can really discreated anything true you have to say, like necro's being weak in T8.</p><p> To the OP, stick to you if its what you like, and don't let other convince you that your class sucks.  Decide that for yourself.  Keep you spells at Adept 3's, and be sure to look into the MC gear once you out grow the TD sutff, the changes to it made it better and easier to get then any legendary gear all the way up to T8.  </p></blockquote><p>No, I was not kidding... fury is joke at 70, comparing to T3.Haven't seen much in action at 80 yet.</p><p>Off the two, I'd prefer to play necro though (assuming the resists would be fixed sooner or later).</p>

Sightless
12-31-2007, 07:57 PM
<cite>Ajjantis wrote:</cite><blockquote>Btw i have a T8 Necromancer, i know what im talking about. BTW 2k attacks are pretty common nowdays.</blockquote>Do any of YOUR classes not suck in T8?

Eriis
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Aye, as everyone else has been saying, I believe PvP will become farely harder as you progress through the levels as a necromancer, but don't let that stop you! just play the class you enjoy playing most. you are always able to group for PvP so theirs no real big deal.on another note:Mages aren't really a class designed for taking shed loads of hits while wearing cloth.. so ya'know <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />