PDA

View Full Version : Motviation to go to Arenas?

Bluu
12-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Just wondering... are any plans in the works in terms of offering rewards for arena victories? You know, the best thing I loved about WoW was the battlegrounds... it was always populated and easy to get in one... but here on EQ2? It's dead. Is it the content? Hmm... I dunno, CTF is pretty fun, and lots of arenas to choose from. So why then are EQ2 arenas so underpopulated? I'm thinking it's a lack of motivation, because you get no rewards for doing it. What needs to happen is there needs to be:A: pvp item / money / exp for arenas winsB: easier access to arenas from any town (like battlemasters spread throughout the cities)C: more variety of arena types (CTF, etc.)Thoughts?

seahawk
12-24-2007, 04:47 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Just wondering... are any plans in the works in terms of offering rewards for arena victories? You know, the best thing I loved about WoW was the battlegrounds... it was always populated and easy to get in one... but here on EQ2? It's dead. Is it the content? Hmm... I dunno, CTF is pretty fun, and lots of arenas to choose from. So why then are EQ2 arenas so underpopulated? I'm thinking it's a lack of motivation, because you get no rewards for doing it. What needs to happen is there needs to be:A: pvp item / money / exp for arenas winsB: easier access to arenas from any town (like battlemasters spread throughout the cities)C: more variety of arena types (CTF, etc.)Thoughts?</blockquote><p>My 2 cp...</p><p>The arena as it is now, blows.  The ruleset is not even the PvP ruleset, it is the PvE ruleset.</p><p>Whether or not they fixed the ruleset, I personally would hate to see any kind of game feature that drew all the pvp to one particular area.  I enjoy the fact that no matter where I go, I must be on the lookout.  If SoE made "battlegrounds" or "arenas" for PvP then all the players would congregate to them and leave the open world one big PvE zone.</p><p>That is my take.</p><p>happy holidays!</p>

Gimet
12-24-2007, 05:05 PM
<p>I'm going to make a Halo Multiplayer take on this....We need...</p><p>Slayer Games- First team to get x amount of kills wins.</p><p>or</p><p>CTF Games- Bring the enemy's flag back to your base.</p><p>some others-</p><p>Race to the Goblin- First team to go through their course and kill all of the needed things win. NO invis or stealth allowed.</p><p>We need more than what the arena has ot offer and I'ms ure there are tons of games worth while.</p>