PDA

View Full Version : SK PvP?

Stickfigurehero
12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I have been reading the forums a bit today and of course I see plenty of "nerf this class" posts which is normal. I also see plenty of discussions on how certain classes should go about fighting others, best techniques/builds ect. However in all of these discussions I don't see anyone discuss SKs? On the surface to a EQ noob like myself (who is basing his knowledge on previous MMOs) a mage tank should be fairly awesome at PvP. Life drains + plate armor should be a great combo I would think. Yet all of you guys who have been playing for a long time don't seem to ever really discuss SKs. So there must be something I am missing. Knowing very little about the game I am trying different classes out and trying to get a feel for what I would like to level first. So far I am digging SK a lot, however as I am considering rerolling on a good PvP server I am starting to rethink my class choice.Could you experienced guys clear things up for me?

Natthan
12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Don't draw attention to SK's TBH, You want attention away from the and that is why SK's never talk about themselves.Here is why:Heal on every spellPlate armorEvacReflect(If AA)Damage Absorption(If AA)Spike Damage (HT and Upgrades)Immunity to all crowd control(Death March)

Magius789
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
<p>I have a little SK I've been playing in my spare time and so far I think they are very beasty.  Someone could make a very good argument that SK's are overpowered and need to be hit with that bat.  Only reason scouts get so much attention is because they are the best class at hunting other classess so more people die by them.</p><p>My roommate is a warden fought an SK (both lvl 70 before RoK) he was full legendary in his set gear and this SK just rocked his world.  Any decent dmg he did the SK could heal it plenty and I'm not sure how but he had my warden roommate drained of power in no time.  I've never seen a class so completely dominate another class that is very very powerful.</p>

Tae
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Heal on every spellPlate armorEvacReflect(If AA)Damage Absorption(If AA)Spike Damage (HT and Upgrades)Immunity to all crowd control(Death March)</blockquote>Shadowknights are the worst class for PvP unless all you ever do is fight one on one. Sure they can do all these things, but they are all bad at them. The heals are only small, and can't really make up for large damage from most people. Plate armour is meaningless, the mitigation isn't as good as rogues. Evac is interruptable, which makes it utterly worthless. Reflect is very situational, no way near as good as the Illusionist reflect. The stoneskin is nice, but just the same as the "spike damage" has a massive timer. Death march also has a big timer. Sure if you're only fighting every 15 minutes you're going to be ok, but who's doing that? Trison has proved time and time again in the duels that a one versus one fight is something an SK excells at, but one versus one fights are something that very rarely happens, and fights where you can come entirely prepared are also something that very rarely happens. If duels were the be all and end all of PvP, then Mystics would have been the PvP god class. I hear so many people saying that SKs are great, but all of them are either very low level, someone who's only ever played an SK or someone who has never ever played one. Any one of the assassin attacks do more damage than a Death Touch does, for example, and don't take 15 minutes to cast. There are TONS of shadowknights on Venekor, and surely someone would have noticed by now if they were overpowered.

Kulharr
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
<p>I play a shadow knight.  Have till level 43 pvp... They are not to strong and need no nerf...  It is true I can hold my own in most duels, I am a good match with scouts and mages... I get rocked by Druids and other Priest classes.</p><p>A lot of people might think they are over-powered because of our harm touch "thats castable only every 15 minutes" can allow us to take most duels from players that are 1 or 2 levels above us... Still doesn't help much againsts preists cause of high resists and uber healing can counter-act all of our dps easily.  I have seen wizards my level and even furies do as much damage with their nukes that they can cast every minute or so, then my harm touch, my own clincher.</p><p>Shadow Knights have their weaknesses, Priests especially and their DPS and defense is really not all that great.  It's hard to persue and keep people from running, it's hard to escape gank squads and they're dps and life taps are really not that great in duels without harm touch.</p><p>They are in no way overpowered I had a duel with a paladin of equal level, both of us able to use our lay hands and harm touch.  It was a duel that went on for almost 10 minutes.  In was too the teeth to the bitter end, his healing countered my dps, his lay hands countered my harm touch... In the end both of us out of power, and no HP, I end up dying when he had a sliver of health.</p><p>As it should be in a duel between a paladin and a shadow knight.  These classes are both balanced fine for pvp... Anyone who says they need a nerf were on the recieving end of a harm touch, a one time 15 minute nuke that is more often weaker then a frequently useable Wizard, Warlock or Fury nuke anyway...</p><p>    </p>

Natthan
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Things change at higher levels. Find a Pally that Can beat an SK at max level. You may find 2

Stickfigurehero
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Well now I am more confused than ever. I didn't expect everyone here to agree but the range from "amazing" to "worst class ever" it a little hard to digest. I guess I will just tool around with a few more classes and see if there is something else that I enjoy.

Natthan
12-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Currently, Notso is playing an SK instead of his pally to level. He is having a hard time playing the SK because he said they are so "stupid easy" that is bores him. They can hold their own, Just the freeps than hang with them all the time don't want to see them get hit at all with any nerf TBH.

Tae
12-19-2007, 11:38 PM
<cite>Stickfigurehero wrote:</cite><blockquote>Well now I am more confused than ever. I didn't expect everyone here to agree but the range from "amazing" to "worst class ever" it a little hard to digest. I guess I will just tool around with a few more classes and see if there is something else that I enjoy.</blockquote>Well, summoners are technically the worst classes. But SKs/Paladins come in right after. In group PvP they can't fulfill the tank role half as well as a guardian or a berserker either. With the two Warrior classes, when a player hits them their reactive taunt will go off, making the player keep targetting them. This means that to detarget a guardian in group PvP, you <i>must</i> turn off auto attack. The SK reactive only works against mobs. You may think that it doesn't matter, that the reactive isn't that important, but the group taunt has a 20 second timer and 20 seconds is a lifetime in a PvP fight. In those 20 seconds their scouts will have killed your healer, and if you'd been a guardian that would never have occured. And go for it, nerf Shadowknights over and over. It's not like they're any good anyway. And maybe it'd thin out the population so each group doesn't consist of 4 people and two bloody shadowknights. They're only so popular because they're easy to solo mobs with, which matters a whole lot when the game is like it is.