PDA

View Full Version : PvP gear and Exiles!!!


Pvpmedics
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
<p>Is there a reason why there is no PvP gear for T8 yet? This makes no sense to me at all!!! Most of us that are city aligned arent on the <b><u>PvP server</u></b> to raid. We are here to PvP, if I wanted to raid I would go back to the PvE server. City aligned players get the crap gear compaired to Exiles who raid 24/7. Why are exiles getting so babied by SOE, from what I remember Exile wasnt even suppose to be a main alienment. As an exile you are suppose to get less then somone that is of Qeynos or Freeport. So where is the PvP gear at? </p><p>Also isn't there a way that SOE can make exiles PvP more often? I mean this is a [Removed for Content] PvP server why are all you exiles here if your not going to PvP. Take your happy [Removed for Content] back to the PvE server. 50% of higher levels are exiles and never PvP. When I go out to PvP i fight the same people over and over, and I have to search for 3 hours just to find those people. </p><p>One more thing where is the T8 arrows to go with the T8 bow SOE?</p>

Grostop
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Some people enjoy pvp and raiding as well, exiled get good gear spending hours raiding, they are then suppose to get better gear then you. I always tough its dumb as hell that people could get raiding equivalent gear by farming greens noobs or even bots. First you have to get your gear by raiding, and then you will get a chance to own people.

Kulharr
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
<p>Uh... What difference does it make, the entire pvp rewards system is broken as of their last update with pvp combat... Fix the system first and then worry about adding in tier 8 pvp rewards... As of now a new character would need to be tier 8 to even use tier 6 rewards, maybe even tier 4 rewards/</p>

Pvpmedics
12-19-2007, 06:31 PM
<p>I know Raid gear should be better yes. But the people who came to this server to PvP should still have somthing to choose from as well. If Qeynos and Freeport dont get anything that Exile doesnt get then what is the point of being qeynos or freeport? We might as well all go exile!! </p><p>I think my main concern on PvP server is still the fact that Exiles never PvP. If exiles would start PvPing the PvP server would be alot more fun because there would be 2 times as many people out then right now. We wouldnt have to fly around between many zones for hours to find one person to gank. Instead we would find full groups to have decent PvP fights. I dont know maybe im just complaining about nothing, but if you look at how many people are exile now a days that never PvP you would see what im talking about. I guess I just dont understand why exiles only raid and that is it. If you only wanted to raid why would you do it on a PvP server? Why dont you guys take 2 or 3 days out of your raid schedual and PvP on those days? Send 4 groups out to different zones and go pwn face, come fight I wont run If I die then so be it atleast I was able to be in a group vs group fight and not ganking solo people all day.  It just seems like the PvP action is getting slower and slower everyday. I remember when PvP server first came out you couldnt go without 10 minutes without finding a PvP fight. Now you can go almost 3 hours. </p><p>Skaf - 80 Berserker</p><p>Perigrine - 72 Mystic</p>

Aeralik
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
PvP gear should be part of GU42 along with the new PvP writ system for gaining tokens.  We are also evaluating the lower level pvp rewards and making those cost something that is more inline with what a player can achieve while leveling.

Kaspar
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
<cite>Aeralik wrote:</cite><blockquote>PvP gear should be part of GU42 <u><b>along with the new PvP writ system for gaining tokens.</b></u>  We are also evaluating the lower level pvp rewards and making those cost something that is more inline with what a player can achieve while leveling.</blockquote>I just had a [Removed for Content] joygasm. Playing a wizzy isn't as bad as alot of classes have it, but without track it makes getting the 300-400 tokens per piece daunting to say the least. This is very welcome news. If this makes it in and works properly, I'll have your babies.

MMMike9
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
<p>Thanks Aeralik!  This will be a nice pvp improvement if/when it goes live.  </p><p>I know this is slightly off topic, but it's great to hear from a developer:</p><p>In addition to evaluating the lower level pvp rewards to bring them in line with the new xp gains while leveling, are you also evaluating any mechanisms to allow friends to stay together while leveling?  ie, a properly scaled mentoring system that allows for pvp and/or a Vanguard style Brotherhood system?  Seems to many of us that your new system makes grping with the same friends impossible on a pvp server unless such friends play only at the same time (more ganking), avoid pvp (less fun), or wait wait until everybody reaches upper T8 (will take a very long time).   The lack of an operable pvp mentoring system is was one of the reasons groupmates locked in the first place -- only leveling when able to complete quests together.  Additional developer insight into these pvp changes and potential upcoming tweaks would be greatly appreciated by those of us deciding how to proceed...ie, roll new toons, break up our existing grps, move on, etc.  </p><p>Thanks!</p>

Kulharr
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
<p>Could you PLEASE also reduce the ammount of pvp experience awared per kill... This should never have been above 2% ... Please reduce it and make tier and level a very small factor, if any factor at all in the ammount of experience earned per kill to balance out the ammount of pvpers across every tiers and make Vitality play no role in pvp experience.  Rather then all the pvpers being condensed to the higher tiers because they level up so bloody quick from pvping through the earlier tiers.</p><p>I personally don't even pvp now in tier 1-3 because experience gain is far too high to compinsaate with the ammount of AA giving quests there are in those tiers.</p><p>Tier 4+ ain't so bad as they're are fewer quests and pvp xp seems to slow down somewhat.  But it is still much to high in all the tiers for the ammount of quests and content there is, the ammount of AA required to compete in pvp.</p><p>Please reduce this to a static 1 or 2% at most through all levels and tiers and remove vitality as a factor and adjust the reward system accordingly.  If you can do this and develop a good pvp quest/mission system that could award faction, fame and aa with some interesting objectives throughout the world, including enemy cities "this would give pvpers more to do then just mindless mass ganking"  This would do A LOT to improve the pvp system .   </p>

seahawk
12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
<cite>Aeralik wrote:</cite><blockquote>PvP gear should be part of GU42 along with the new PvP writ system for gaining tokens.  We are also evaluating the lower level pvp rewards and making those cost something that is more inline with what a player can achieve while leveling.</blockquote><p>o.O </p><p>I like the sound of this!</p>

Natthan
12-19-2007, 10:32 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Could you PLEASE also reduce the ammount of pvp experience awared per kill... This should never have been above 2% ... Please reduce it and make tier and level a very small factor, if any factor at all in the ammount of experience earned per kill to balance out the ammount of pvpers across every tiers and make Vitality play no role in pvp experience.  Rather then all the pvpers being condensed to the higher tiers because they level up so bloody quick from pvping through the earlier tiers.</p><p>I personally don't even <strike>pvp</strike> <b>Gank</b> now in tier 1-3 because experience gain is far too high to compinsaate with the ammount of AA giving quests there are in those tiers.</p><p>Tier 4+ ain't so bad as they're are fewer quests and pvp xp seems to slow down somewhat.  But it is still much to high in all the tiers for the ammount of quests and content there is, the ammount of AA required to compete in pvp.</p><p>Please reduce this to a static 1 or 2% at most through all levels and tiers and remove vitality as a factor and adjust the reward system accordingly.  If you can do this and develop a good pvp quest/mission system that could award faction, fame and aa with some interesting objectives throughout the world, including enemy cities "this would give pvpers more to do then just mindless mass ganking"  This would do A LOT to improve the pvp system .   </p></blockquote>Fixed, T1 PvP Doesn't Exist, Never has.T2-T3 "PvP" isn't really PvP. Its ganking those just entering the game or just trying to level. Never will a twink stay and fight a twink that will give them a good fight. I think it was great to give as much XP as they do, Level Past it Problem solved, Lets just stop crying about it already. Didn't you say you quit?

Pvpmedics
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
So I was thinking and came up with an idea on how to get exiles to PvP more often. As you know most of them dont PvP now that they have a title. You very rearly see them out. What if you made a system where if you are of Exile alignment and you dont get atleast 2 pvp kills per day your Title starts to decay. So every 3 days you dont pvp you loose a title ranking. But this only acoures when you are loged in and not PvPing. If you are logged out your title doesnt decay, incase you take vacation etc... Maybe that will make exiles come out and PvP more often. Just an idea <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Bloodfa
12-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Make Haven open for business.What?  You saying they've got better security than the Overlord or the Queen?

Fizlo
12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>So I was thinking and came up with an idea on how to get exiles to PvP more often. As you know most of them dont PvP now that they have a title. You very rearly see them out. What if you made a system where if you are of Exile alignment and you dont get atleast 2 pvp kills per day your Title starts to decay. So every 3 days you dont pvp you loose a title ranking. But this only acoures when you are loged in and not PvPing. If you are logged out your title doesnt decay, incase you take vacation etc... Maybe that will make exiles come out and PvP more often. Just an idea <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />" /></blockquote>not a bad idea

seejester
12-20-2007, 01:05 AM
<cite>Aeralik wrote:</cite><blockquote>PvP gear should be part of GU42 along with the new PvP writ system for gaining tokens.  We are also evaluating the lower level pvp rewards and making those cost something that is more inline with what a player can achieve while leveling.</blockquote><span style="font-size: small;color: #00ff00;">Um, very sweet, but was this an answer to the OP? Will exiles finally get a chance to get PvP gear too?</span>

Pvpmedics
12-20-2007, 02:53 AM
<p>LOL no exiles wont get PvP gear. Alteast i would assume not. You are exile you are apart of a non city alignement so you get nothing except the fact that you get classes from both qeynos and freeport to be able to raid better. </p>

Amphibia
12-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah, why not give PvP gear to the exiles? They are winning the game anyways with their superior raiding ability, so at least give them a good reason to PvP on a PvP server. Please? Notority just isn't enough. Maybe make up some story about stolen goods from the cities, and place an NPC somewhere that exiles can buy PvP gear for twice the amount of tokens or something like that since they have twice as many targets. Anything just to get them out of that cave more often. This isn't supposed to be Bluebieville, is it? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />PS: I'm not exiled. I don't plan on exiling either. Been there, done that.

Kulharr
12-20-2007, 06:29 AM
<p>Natthan, the fact that you edited my post to "<strike>pvp</strike> <b>Gank" from tier 1-3</b></p><p>makes you nothing more then another ignorant newb from the pve server who couldn't cut it in the first place...  I was very much on your side of the spectrum.  I joined Nagafen and found myself getting ganked and killed... Instead of whining to SOE like some skillless idiot I came to the forum and ask how I could compete, and simply shouted in DLW "how can I compete" people said, lock at 10 and do the kunark quests, or skip to tier 3...  I followed the advice, locked at 10 and took a day to do the full Kunark quest series and was able to compete against any twink that came my way... Why couldn't you do the same?  I guess you're a wide believer in the fact that SOE listens to whiners, not logic and make the game more and more weaker to cater to whining newbies like yourself.</p><p>I was a shadow knight and I solo'd nearly all the time... Go create a shadow knight play solo and try to "gank" players.  my playing experience consited of me, doing quests, exploring and dueling along the way.  Any times the odds were 2 on 1 I would lose, the only battles I ever won were duels.  I rarely grouped and I never "ganked" so quit being an ignorant tool pretending you understand my playstyle... All 15% per kill in tier 2 insures lowbie pvping nearly extincting and the majority of pvping being condensed into the later tiers.  While the rest of the low tier players are busy questing for aa's and not pvping, or pvp rushing though.  Given that 8 kills clears you through tier 2, and around 12 clears you through tier 3... It's complete ridiculous.</p><p>And quit being telling us to stop whining, considering it was you carebear newbies who didn't want to take the time to learn how to compete against twinks that brought forth this unbalanced and untested change.  And then you have the hypocracy to tell us to adapt or quit, but stop whining? That's [Removed for Content] laughable, why didn't you?  SOE understands whining not logic, and for the record I have quit, but I'll still voice my opinion along with the other 2/3rds of the pvp population who thing this is a bad idea until we balance out this one sided change</p><p>.</p>

-Arctura-
12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
(( Exiles are homeless bums living in a cave, pretending to be strong and mighty, when at any time the forces of either city could crush them on a whim.The core concept of Exiles is to be so downtrodden that you are begging the cities to let you back in. Such is achieved by denial of things like Pvp Gear.

Amphibia
12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
<cite>-Arctura- wrote:</cite><blockquote>(( Exiles are homeless bums living in a cave, pretending to be strong and mighty, when at any time the forces of either city could crush them on a whim.The core concept of Exiles is to be so downtrodden that you are begging the cities to let you back in. Such is achieved by denial of things like Pvp Gear.</blockquote>The problem is that absolutely nothing is achieved by denying them that. The gear they spend all their game time raiding for is probably going to be better than the PvP gear anyway, just like last time. If that's the way it's gonna be, then maybe it would be a good idea to at least find some way to possibly encourage them to come out of the cave and PvP a little more, and not only as full groups and raids. Notority just isn't cutting it.

Valdar
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
If you want exiles to pvp more I'd say the best way would be to change the zone reuse timers.

Dh
12-20-2007, 11:27 AM
<cite>Amphibia wrote:</cite><blockquote>Yeah, why not give PvP gear to the exiles? They are winning the game anyways with their superior raiding ability, so at least give them a good reason to PvP on a PvP server. Please? Notority just isn't enough. Maybe make up some story about stolen goods from the cities, and place an NPC somewhere that exiles can buy PvP gear for twice the amount of tokens or something like that since they have twice as many targets. Anything just to get them out of that cave more often. This isn't supposed to be Bluebieville, is it? <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />PS: I'm not exiled. I don't plan on exiling either. Been there, done that. </blockquote><p>This is a good idea.</p><p>So are PVP writs</p>

seejester
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>LOL no exiles wont get PvP gear. Alteast i would assume not. You are exile you are apart of a non city alignement so you get nothing except the fact that you get classes from both qeynos and freeport to be able to raid better. </p></blockquote><span style="font-size: small;color: #00ff00;">Exiles get more targets to PvP against. In fact, they can engage anyone -- True devil-may-care PvP.And they can talk to one another, without having to hail their pets. SOEs terror of players stepping on the flower petals that is other people's feelings has always been a sore point for me personally. Isn't that what /ignore is for?My brother plays an exile. They were raiding once, one of the members got mouthy and abusive, they /kicked him from the raid, ganked him, then got his apology before they let him back in...Exiles get a lot more than improved raiding options - they get true FFA PvP. They get the next level of danger we as Freeps or Qs simply cannot match.I understand the reasons SOE keeps exiles so gimped in PvP, as they could get PvP items WAY easier than Qs or Freeps, simply as they have more targets available to them (not to mention the chance to exploit, lining up guildies to take turns killing one another for the tokens). Still, I think SOE could come up with a better solution than simply banning exiles from PvP gear. The dev that weighed in earlier seemed to hint that this may be the case, and if so I say bravo!</span>

Belgue
12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Also isn't there a way that SOE can make exiles PvP more often? I mean this is a [I cannot control my vocabulary] PvP server why are all you exiles here if your not going to PvP. Take your happy [Removed for Content] back to the PvE server. 50% of higher levels are exiles and never PvP. When I go out to PvP i fight the same people over and over, and I have to search for 3 hours just to find those people. </p></blockquote>So you want to force people that pay the same $15 to do what YOU THINK is right? Both Exiles guilds are hardcore raiding a lot now because of the amazing gear that we are getting from VP, and as we cant get pvp gear as you do, we must work on raids.

Bloodfa
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
<p>deleted </p>

Amphibia
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
<cite>Belgue wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Also isn't there a way that SOE can make exiles PvP more often? I mean this is a [I cannot control my vocabulary] PvP server why are all you exiles here if your not going to PvP. Take your happy [Removed for Content] back to the PvE server. 50% of higher levels are exiles and never PvP. When I go out to PvP i fight the same people over and over, and I have to search for 3 hours just to find those people. </p></blockquote>So you want to force people that pay the same $15 to do what YOU THINK is right? Both Exiles guilds are hardcore raiding a lot now because of the amazing gear that we are getting from VP, and as we cant get pvp gear as you do, we must work on raids.</blockquote>Because you must work on raids? And we get PvP gear for free, right? Wow, that is the most arrogant (and ignorant) thing I've ever read. Do you realize how much work it takes for non-scouts to get 1 piece of PvP gear? A lot more than one night in a raid zone, I'll tell you that. And the vast majority of those tokens come from other players, not bots. Hide in your cave and raid all you want, but don't come here and degrade PvP'ers achievements on a [Removed for Content] PvP server!

Belgue
12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
<cite>Amphibia wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Belgue wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Also isn't there a way that SOE can make exiles PvP more often? I mean this is a [I cannot control my vocabulary] PvP server why are all you exiles here if your not going to PvP. Take your happy [Removed for Content] back to the PvE server. 50% of higher levels are exiles and never PvP. When I go out to PvP i fight the same people over and over, and I have to search for 3 hours just to find those people. </p></blockquote>So you want to force people that pay the same $15 to do what YOU THINK is right? Both Exiles guilds are hardcore raiding a lot now because of the amazing gear that we are getting from VP, and as we cant get pvp gear as you do, we must work on raids.</blockquote>Because you must work on raids? And we get PvP gear for free, right? Wow, that is the most arrogant (and ignorant) thing I've ever read. Do you realize how much work it takes for non-scouts to get 1 piece of PvP gear? A lot more than one night in a raid zone, I'll tell you that. And the vast majority of those tokens come from other players, not bots. Hide in your cave and raid all you want, but don't come here and degrade PvP'ers achievements on a [Removed for Content] PvP server!</blockquote>Where do you read in my post saying its easy to get pvp gear? I am saying we need to focus our game playing in other stuff if we want to get gear on par with pvp gear.

Pvpmedics
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
<p>I do not think that Exiles should get PvP gear because most people who exile raids. All the gear from raiding is going to be better then the PvP gear anywayz. But that just makes exiles stronger because they are raiding and I have no problem with them raiding. Raiding keeps people interested in the game. But at the same time this is a PvP server and why would you raid everyday of the week and never PvP? If giving exiles PvP gear will get them out of there little cave and PvP more then so be it. But you would have to do what Amphibia said and make them have to sneak into a city and pay twice as many tokens, being that they have twice as many targets. </p><p>Im still stuck on the Decaying PvP titles though. Alot of the exiles have there high titles like masters and stuff like that and they never PvP anymore after they got that. So I think your title should start to decay overtime for ingame time. And you can do this for all factions Exile, Qeynos, Freeport. So you can make it so if you dont kill atleast 4 PvP targets fame or not you start to loose your title one rank at a time every 40 ingame hours. Something like that maybe that will get exiles out of there cave. </p><p>Also Im still not understanding this, why is it that Freeport and Qeynos is not aloud to go into Haven? Makes no sense what so ever to me, they can come sneak into our city yet we cannot sneak into there city. </p><p>You know what else would be pretty cool. If you made quests where a full PvP group can pick up from there city that requires them to go into other peoples city. The quest would be to stay alive inside another city for 5 minutes after engaged in a PvP fight. So your 5 minutes dont start until somone attacks you then you have to stay alive for 5 minutes to gain a reward. You can make the quests rewards be random and give like anythine from extra god spell status, or in game usable items to help in PvP. </p><p>Anywho I guess im just getting tired of seaching hours for PvP <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY<img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />" width="15" height="15" />. Not trying to complain to much haha</p><p>Just saw ya message Belgue. What do you mean get gear in par with PvP gear. Will it really matter? Last expantion you had gear better then PvP gear and you exiles still didnt PvP. So is what your saying is that when you guys get some gear you will start PvPing?</p>

Amphibia
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
<cite>Belgue wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite></cite>Where do you read in my post saying its easy to get pvp gear? I am saying we need to focus our game playing in other stuff if we want to get gear on par with pvp gear.</blockquote>Ok, fair enough. Wouldn't it be better to have a choice, though? Either to raid or PvP for your gear, even if you're exiled. I don't think anyone wants to force anyone else to play like this or that, but it would be cool to see more people out PvP'ing in the zones...

Kaleyen
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Exiles + PVP Gear = Dead Horse