PDA

View Full Version : The new face of PVP on Vox.....same as the old face.

Yonaton
12-18-2007, 04:12 AM
<p>Oh yes,we've heard from all the honorable t7's and t8's about how those eveil low lvl lockers are the cause of every woe. Indeed,time and again they've came back with the cutesy quip.with unbacked assertions,with the smartalec remarks.</p><p>But of course high tier pvp is honorable! No one humps or spam laughs. Not in the 50's,certainly. You outgrow that right? Or are a better player and human being,right?</p><p>L</p><p>O</p><p>L</p><p> So for your viewing pleasure,I offer visual proof of what pvp is becoming on vox. Here Spyder,teh rest of you,take a close look:</p><p>Prowler and gang coming in for the hump.....<a href="http://thumbsnap.com/images/BUulNhJw.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://thumbsnap.com/images/BUulNhJw.jpg</a></p><p>The initial hump....<a href="http://thumbsnap.com/images/vc1grIuy.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://thumbsnap.com/images/vc1grIuy.jpg</a></p><p>The hump & laugh.....<a href="http://thumbsnap.com/images/81uNHyBO.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://thumbsnap.com/images/81uNHyBO.jpg</a></p><p>And a parting shot when I left,so everybody could see just what was waiting in Vox's frostfell village for a single player. Course,any groups come in tht camp spot will be vacant,or filled with an x2.<a href="http://thumbsnap.com/images/h7o0j9zI.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://thumbsnap.com/images/h7o0j9zI.jpg</a></p><p>Feel free to pick it a part. This is EXACTLY what was going on with that raid x2 of t7's and t8's in frostfell over the last few days. EXACTLY.</p><p>But all you t8's are just looking out for the "n00b". lol</p>

Yonaton
12-18-2007, 04:17 AM
And btw,before you all start crying about how they're jsut there for ppl on lvl,try defending yourself with a 6 man group of those standing around,jsut waiting for the scout you're fighting to make you lose target. You mess up and hit tab,autoattack one of them,instant one shot. So altruistic on their part,eh? You want some more of these? I can provide them in every tier. Even tiers I don't play in. One run through the different zones of norrath adn I can get you everything from a 75 humping corpses to 80's tea bagging necrophiliac style. Now,let's see those "n00bs".

ladyvengeance
12-18-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't see any evidence of any humping going on there in the pictures, although I don't doubt that it happened. When I was an exile I got ganked REPEATEDLY by groups of 70s who would spam laugh and hump me. You think it's bad in T2? The harassment I received from T7s was exponentially more.

Muraazi
12-18-2007, 04:29 AM
<p>I don't believe anyone said pvp in T8 was more mature...</p><p>The glaring difference really comes down to ganking a new guy fresh into the game and someone that has "played" the game long enough to understand somewhat how it works. (run on sentence ftw)</p><p> Oh and before I forget....</p><p> Noob</p>

Yonaton
12-18-2007, 05:19 AM
<cite>Muraazi wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I don't believe anyone said pvp in T8 was more mature...</p><p>The glaring difference really comes down to ganking a new guy fresh into the game and someone that has "played" the game long enough to understand somewhat how it works. (run on sentence ftw)</p><p> Oh and before I forget....</p><p> Noob</p></blockquote><p>Noob? Lol.</p><p>You're missing my point entirely. Higher tiers have been painted as some sort of area where it doens't happen with frequency. Where you can,lol,"defend yourself".</p><p>What you don't see in those shots was what happened before,where they gang [Removed for Content] another toon on lvl,the three of them. Of course I guess I could chalk it up to sexual frustration since whomever it was rezzed before they got their rocks of. Seeing as how I was too low for them to attack and everything. Of coruse I made a good humping post.</p><p>Point being,it's not going to stop. This idea that "n00bs" are somehow goign to be better off on a pvp server due to there being no "twinks" is erroneous. Not only that,it's self serving to those in these forums who so vehemently support such a measure. "N00bs" are stuill going to be treated the same,only now it's going to happen in the higher tiers,where they are even less prepared to pvp with all those extra "buttons" t7 and t8's go on and on about. Pvp and Pve are not remotely the same kind of conflicts that is supposed.</p><p>Now,do you get it?</p><p>N00b.</p>

Muraazi
12-18-2007, 05:57 AM
<p>You asked to see the N word so I gave it to ya. I thought that's what you were expecting?!?!</p><p> The point most people are trying to make that noone ever seems to understand. There is a difference between someone 1 day or 2 days into the game T2 and someone  1 month or so in T3 4 5 and up. The difference is pretty huge really. Ofcourse people can spout about some new player getting a PvP reality check, and that will happen regardless of the Tier thats for sure, its part of PvP. But someone 1 day into the game will just give up, someone 1 or more months is less likely to.</p><p> Get it? </p>

keLston
12-18-2007, 06:12 AM
So I guess being no longer level locked ganking new players, you got ganked when you all claimed you were so good at the game?Or does that not apply unless it helps your argument? Special pleading logical fallacy?

Yonaton
12-18-2007, 06:20 AM
<p>Yeah,it's huge lol. Huge in that,they are gonna get up there,and still get pwned. Only this time,it's gonna be by the degenerates in those tiers,instead of in T2.Nothing will change,other than there'll be a new crop of veg-heads for the high tiers to token farm. And that's the crux of it. It's gonna be history repeating ove rand over,adn those same "noobs" are going to get it even worse.</p><p>As far as the N00b thing,I was laughing about it. Wasn't upset that you put it in your post,was just throwing one back at you is all.</p>

Yonaton
12-18-2007, 06:26 AM
BTw,that someone one day into the game will jsut "give up"? In march I was "one day into the game". I certainly didn't give up. That's an excuse,and one that I haven't had the distinct displeasure of seeing on vox. Most people get nailed pretty hard there,then they start asking questions and learning. They get help form other players there. You guys are not giving the "n00bs" enough credit. Would you like me to compound a list of all the people who started after I did,and who are STILL on server playing? Despite having it handed to them right off the bat. That's a pitiful excuse for dealing with the situation in this way. I have yet to see the droves of N00bs you ppl talk about. Vox is argueably the lowest population server,so maybe that's it. In which case,which server is losing so many?

Muraazi
12-18-2007, 07:39 AM
<cite>Yonaton wrote:</cite><blockquote>BTw,that someone one day into the game will jsut "give up"?<i><b>In march I was "one day into the game". I certainly didn't give up.</b></i>That's an excuse,and one that I haven't had the distinct displeasure of seeing on vox. Most people get nailed pretty hard there,then they start asking questions and learning. They get help form other players there. <i><b>You guys are not giving the "n00bs" enough credit</b></i>. Would you like me to compound a list of all the people who started after I did,and who are STILL on server playing? Despite having it handed to them right off the bat.That's a pitiful excuse for dealing with the situation in this way. I have yet to see the droves of N00bs you ppl talk about. Vox is argueably the lowest population server,so maybe that's it. In which case,which server is losing so many?</blockquote><p>Yeah, I was one day into the game myself once. I never gave up either. Grats to us. Sadly not everyone will see it that way. Many people will see it, and think that the pvp balance in the game is way off even more than it really is. That's my main reason for agreeing to the change.</p><p> I can agree that maybe "we" are not giving the noobs enough credit.</p>

WasFycksir
12-18-2007, 11:07 AM
<p>This (somewhat) illustrates yet another flaw in this "fix".</p><p>Bad behaviour follows the toon.  You would think that would be obvious, but it wasn't.</p><p>The "toons" themselves are <span style="color: #ff0000;"><i><u><b>morally neutral</b></u></i></span>, being just electronic bits, they can be no more or no less than that.  </p><p>The HUMAN behind the toon is the issue.</p><p>Thus any contraint or change to the toon will always fail as in cannot control the evil or good the person puts into it.  At least without a complete lockdown to the point whereby it's a virtual brick.</p><p>The same can be said of fire, guns and even medicines.  Used for good, mankind benefits, used for evil they can kill.  It's the person behind the object that is good or evil, not the object itself.</p><p>This concludes your philosophy lesson for today.  Now go play your video game.</p>

Bloodfa
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
So.... what exactly is that a screenshot of?  I don't see Nessie, but the Ogre kinda could be bigfoot.

arrowoffate
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
<cite>Yonaton wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Yeah,it's huge lol. Huge in that,they are gonna get up there,and still get pwned. Only this time,it's gonna be by the degenerates in those tiers,instead of in T2.Nothing will change,other than there'll be a new crop of veg-heads for the high tiers to token farm. And that's the crux of it. It's gonna be history repeating ove rand over,adn those same "noobs" are going to get it even worse.</p><p>As far as the N00b thing,I was laughing about it. Wasn't upset that you put it in your post,was just throwing one back at you is all.</p></blockquote><p>DUDE GET IT OUT FO YOUR HEAD LIke MANY OTHERS SAID BE FORE ME  A PERSON 1week into the game getting gank  over and over and over ( and this not  zergging  Which is a big diffrence ) compare to someone thats thats has been playing for a while they get gank thats there foult. And No one  I REPEAT no one has ever said that higher tiers is more mature all the said was let the fresh meat get a taste of the game before scare them off.</p><p>dobnt you see sony was loosing more.</p>

Eybietie
12-19-2007, 11:19 AM
<i>join everquest 2 on vox server! you can pvp! theoretically. if you find a player that is.if you are bored, get a grp and stand arround a grey and show him your uber power. </i>