PDA

View Full Version : PVP=XP "very bad idea" Can the Vox server survive?


KarnalX
12-14-2007, 05:34 AM
<p>I see both sides of the coin.  Some people want to play the game on a pvp server, but not always pvp.  These same peolpe are also sick of being "ganked" by mobs or tweeked players.  Believe me.  I was one of these people when i first started EQII about a year and a half ago (maybe longer).  But, I learned about the pvp aspect of the game. </p><p> I learned about the advantages of AA.  I found out about all the awesome PVP gear you can earn.  I saw all the cool titles one could get from famed kills.  Then I learned how to get all that stuff.  You needed to disable combat XP.  At first you could put your XP into debt.  Sony got rid of that.  I say, "ok".  Sony came back and allowed AA at lvl 10.  This was an awesome boost for lower levels.  </p><p>How I personally like to play this game and lvl up is by questing, explorating, killing NPC's, collections, and discovering items.  I have more fun lvling in AA then I do in my toons.  I have a lvl 30 Temp with 47 AA.  My faction to get pvp gear is 6500.  It takes 7500 faction points to get lvl 20 gear.  I have out grown the gear as it is.  I have been trying for the past three months to kill anything and every fper (or Q if you are a fper and would like to relate).  </p><p>My point is that if one is gaining 1-10% for every pvp kill then the PVP Gear will become obsolete because you would have out grown the gear.   </p><p>A little math for ya.  If you start at lvl 10 and do not quest, explore, or turn in collections with a 5% average increase for each pvp kill and you  kill 500, your lvl would be 35.  Before, 500 kills roughly got you lvl 20 pvp gear.  Now, that will never happen.</p><p>For the record; I locked my temp at lvl 17 and plan on getting him to lvl 80.  All I do is quest and pvp.  I look forward to doing more raiding.  I feel that this update will kill the server and I<b> hope</b> Sony will put it back to before the latest update.</p><p>Psychokiller LVL 30 Templar w/ 47 AA</p><p>VOX SERVER - pvp server - Please don't ruin it Sony</p>

Armironhead
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
<cite>KarnalX wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I see both sides of the coin.  Some people want to play the game on a pvp server, but not always pvp.  These same peolpe are also sick of being "ganked" by mobs or tweeked players.  Believe me.  I was one of these people when i first started EQII about a year and a half ago (maybe longer).  But, I learned about the pvp aspect of the game. </p><p> I learned about the advantages of AA.  I found out about all the awesome PVP gear you can earn.  I saw all the cool titles one could get from famed kills.  Then I learned how to get all that stuff.  You needed to disable combat XP.  At first you could put your XP into debt.  Sony got rid of that.  I say, "ok".  Sony came back and allowed AA at lvl 10.  This was an awesome boost for lower levels.  </p><p>How I personally like to play this game and lvl up is by questing, explorating, killing NPC's, collections, and discovering items.  I have more fun lvling in AA then I do in my toons.  I have a lvl 30 Temp with 47 AA.  My faction to get pvp gear is 6500.  It takes 7500 faction points to get lvl 20 gear.  I have out grown the gear as it is.  I have been trying for the past three months to kill anything and every fper (or Q if you are a fper and would like to relate).  </p><p>My point is that if one is gaining 1-10% for every pvp kill then the PVP Gear will become obsolete because you would have out grown the gear.   </p><p>A little math for ya.  If you start at lvl 10 and do not quest, explore, or turn in collections with a 5% average increase for each pvp kill and you  kill 500, your lvl would be 35.  Before, 500 kills roughly got you lvl 20 pvp gear.  Now, that will never happen.</p><p>For the record; I locked my temp at lvl 17 and plan on getting him to lvl 80.  All I do is quest and pvp.  I look forward to doing more raiding.  I feel that this update will kill the server and I<b> hope</b> Sony will put it back to before the latest update.</p><p>Psychokiller LVL 30 Templar w/ 47 AA</p><p>VOX SERVER - pvp server - Please don't ruin it Sony</p></blockquote>Clearly this is not a problem unique to vox.  But what this situation demonstrates is the fundemental advatange of vox.  Specifically, all these people on naggy and ven who are claiming that they are quitting -- well their only option is to just quit -- months and perhaps years of time wasted.  Whereas on Vox when SOE /screws-the-pooch on an LU so badly that a person feels the need to quit - well you can send your toon to se and try and recover some of your sweat labor that you invested in your toon.  Go Vox! 

Kulharr
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
<p>Venekor will take the same hit.  The population on that server was already quit low.  On Nagafen were the population is double or even triple that, we're already seeing lower tier pvp becoming increasingly rare a few days in.  I feel bad for those on venekor and vox were pvp was already suffering.</p>

Spyderbite
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I feel bad for those on venekor and vox were pvp was already suffering.</p></blockquote>Don't feel bad for us. I had a great time yesterday.. The fights were great in many of the T2 & T3 zones. Only thing missing was all the tea bagging and corpse humping. Unless of course those two traits define "PvP" to you. Then in that case you're correct. Its certainly dead. And we're loving it.

ckl
12-14-2007, 06:56 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I feel bad for those on venekor and vox were pvp was already suffering.</p></blockquote>Don't feel bad for us. I had a great time yesterday.. The fights were great in many of the T2 & T3 zones. Only thing missing was all the tea bagging and corpse humping. Unless of course those two traits define "PvP" to you. Then in that case you're correct. Its certainly dead. And we're loving it.</blockquote>I normally disagree with everything you say and parts of this post prove no exception. I guess all the people who actually spent some time on their characters have either leveled past you or haven't been PVPing since the change.

Winter12345
12-15-2007, 02:15 AM
<p>I... have to agree that even though it's cool and stuff now that when you pvp you get exp.. gets new players to pve and pvp.. but i just cant find pvp anymore</p><p>1. Hopped on my champ guardian and went to dlw like usual</p><p>No one there and didnt find much for 20 min...</p><p>one 13 wiz passes me (i was 15), didnt bother to kill and let him pass since I knew he was just questing. (like to take on a challenge, i hate to gank and let my group do it and i dont help if we see helpless freeps.. unless they attack me)</p><p>Another 20 min later....</p><p>only 2 19s, (this is on naggy btw) were at fair, both were hunter, they attacked me.. i killed them both</p><p>Another 45 min later....</p><p>Now im getting angry, I mean darklight wood used to be challenging, now everything is deserted like someone said as if it is a ghostown</p><p>20 min passes.. (getting fed up)</p><p>Decide to quest.. get about 5 aas from the quest line there and worked on it for 2 hours and only see three fp.. was those two 19s again with back up, a 17 druid.. kill them all again with 78% life and 45% power.</p><p>From my little story, I am starting to think pvp is starting to die, I've been pveing more now and have only seen a couple of o.k fights so far. Don't know if all the eq2 gankers even though harsh, were still a challenge were dramatic and left.. but still kind of weird how everything is pve now.</p><p>p.s- was sad seeing a 18 templar saying lfg for pvp continuosly for 3 hours straight while i was in dlw.. <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" /></p>

Ichigoo
12-15-2007, 02:36 AM
<p>Vox has been dead for the longest time already. the only hope i have now is that with so many lvling to t8, the population on vox will be squeezed together making it seem like there is still a bit of a population here. But as for Vox completely dieing, i can't see that happening. Its the PVP SE server and it makes too much money for sony to just give it up<img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" width="15" height="15" />. hopeful a population solution will be found soon. </p>

Darman81
12-15-2007, 03:02 AM
<p>Same thing I saw at DLW.</p><p>It just stinks!</p><p>Even left my toon there at the fair for 40 minutes earlier today while I was away from the computer.</p><p>Came back and I was still alive!</p>

moonchild1
12-15-2007, 04:20 AM
<p>Ok, to estabblish my credentials.  First off, I have 14 toons, 7 mine, 7 the wife's, ALL on VOX.  We have crafters in all fields to support our "habbit".  (Not the notorious "plat buying twinker" we earn our wages)  Isn't it bad enough that the economy has been shattered?  Seriously.  I used to make 10 PLAT per day in MC retail sales on the broker.  Since the new concept of "making it more fair for all" (increased drop rate of "rares&quot<img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> my income has gone to MAYBE 10 GOLD per day.  A slightly significant difference.</p><p>IMO SOE should have a pop-up that asks the player if they are SURE they want to enter into a PVP server and the "risks" that it entails.  How can anyone justify going to a PVP server and then whine about the PVP aspect?  This blows my mind!</p><p>This new "fairness" is nothing short of socialism.  Those that have worked hard for thier toons to prosper, to gain aa as a stronger PVPer only to be punished with EXP gain thereby reducing the aa/exp ratio as a REWARD for winning?</p><p> EXCUSE ME!  But I have "done my time".  I have been on Vox for over 2 years now (lol, the Distinguished).  I have learned from the School of Hard Knocks of the ways of PVP.  During this time I have studdied various facets of the game as well as a good look inside myself as to what class most suits me.  As well as the advantages of aa, mitigations and resistances, and adornments.</p><p>As I understand the issue, there are those that complain about T2 level locking "gankers".  Well, what do you expect when level 20 PVP gear starts at +7,500 faction with the Royal Antonican Guard from -10,000?  (However, PVP gear is now garbage compared to the improved MC gear.  What is the point of PVP gear now?)  If there were no PVP gear to earn there would be no reason to stay in T2.  Instead of looking at that angle, EVERYONE gets screwed, vet and noob alike.  Why even bother with PVP until a T8?  Oh!  But then once in that range the vets will be "ganking" the noob T8s  (Oh my!  Is there ANY JUSTICE FOR US NOOBS?! sob..sob...sob)</p><p>Another aspect, for all of you Fabled merchants.  Those that spend weeks on end camping mobs for drops to make a profit are going to take a hit also.  Why bother buying Fabled when you can outgrow it in a single afternoon of PVP?  Why should I purchase Master 1s if they are a useless investment until level 70?  And the "rush to 80" is going to spawn a serious shortfall of Masters/Fabled in that tier.  This may be interresting though.  Plenty of those "twinked vs untwinked" issues now in high levels.</p><p> Proposed solution:  To address all of the concerns of the new player.  All classes will now be able to heal/ward/high DPS melee and magic.  All armor will now come with the same stats as to make everyone equal.  Half of your aa will be "donated" to the less fortunate.  And even if you lose you will still get a trophy, just like in modern little league baseball.  After all, we do not want any one to suffer from any sort of damage to their self-esteem.</p><p>Yes comrades, it is a GLORIOUS DAY!  The new expansion, Rise of Kommunism, is a resounding success!  All are equal now!</p><p> Real world solution.  Learn PVE aspects of the game on one of the 21 PVE servers, you can still duel others.  Once mastering that feel free to come to one of the 3 PVP servers for added challenge.</p><p>I have worked VERY hard to NOT be equal.  In player versus player I want to MASH YOU.  COME GET ME NOOBS!</p><p>Unfortunatetly, unless they repeal the PVP EXP I will not be there when my current subscription runs out.</p><p>Bloodflow, Zzot, Zzzot, Zzip, Ozzzzy, Pawnbroker, and Redsnowbear, all in guild True Blue Q, VOX.</p>