PDA

View Full Version : PVP Faction Suggestion

hahnbard
12-13-2007, 12:31 PM
<p>Don't worry, I've already /feedback'd this, so this is just to get some exposure!</p><p>I, personally, love the new changes and feel it will bring some vibrance and challenge to PVP. All of that politik aside, I do realize that faction is a problem if you're looking to enjoy the PVP rewards from T2-T6. How about a change to the Tokens you loot randomly from kills?</p><p>Currently, as it stands, you start -10K with your faction. Each kill garners you something like 25 faction, and each token yields another 25 faction. I'm not up to date on the math of it all, but that approximately lines up with the number "600" quoted on this forum. </p><p>My idea:</p><p>1. Change honor tokens so that lower tiers yield more faction, up to a certain threshold, much like status items. <b>Please note: Faction from kills has no threshold, and will be given regardless of whether or not a token would award you faction.</b>   - Level 10 Token gives 250 faction per use, from -10k to 0. (40 tokens)    - Level 20 Token gives 150 faction per use, from 0 to 9k. (60 tokens)   - Level 30 Token gives 150 faction per use, from 9k to 18k. (60 tokens)   - Level 40 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 18k to 25k. (70 tokens)   - Level 50 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 25k to 32k. (70 tokens)   - Level 60 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 32k to 40k. (80 tokens)</p><p>2. Implement a system for changing token's from one lower tier, to a higher tier. This change is a gesture towards understanding that with PVP the way it is now with exp, people will be herded towards higher and higher tiers. This also allows those that PVP regularly a supplement to their faction, without much of a downside. </p><p>I feel these changes combined together would be greatly beneficial to those who want to enjoy the PVP rewards, and PVP experience. Yes, there may be an issue if people level out of the T2 tokens, but really, this should be a boon to those who desire to use that equipment. </p><p>Please post any feedback on this current system, and <b>please refrain from dragging any other agenda OTHER than PVP faction in to this discussion</b>. This thread isn't about removing PVP exp, it's about fixing PVP faction to compensate for changes beyond our control. Thanks!</p>

KarnalX
12-14-2007, 08:29 AM
<cite>hahnbard07 wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Don't worry, I've already /feedback'd this, so this is just to get some exposure!</p><p>I, personally, love the new changes and feel it will bring some vibrance and challenge to PVP. All of that politik aside, I do realize that faction is a problem if you're looking to enjoy the PVP rewards from T2-T6. How about a change to the Tokens you loot randomly from kills?</p><p>Currently, as it stands, you start -10K with your faction. Each kill garners you something like 25 faction, and each token yields another 25 faction. I'm not up to date on the math of it all, but that approximately lines up with the number "600" quoted on this forum. </p><p>My idea:</p><p>1. Change honor tokens so that lower tiers yield more faction, up to a certain threshold, much like status items. <b>Please note: Faction from kills has no threshold, and will be given regardless of whether or not a token would award you faction.</b>   - Level 10 Token gives 250 faction per use, from -10k to 0. (40 tokens)    - Level 20 Token gives 150 faction per use, from 0 to 9k. (60 tokens)   - Level 30 Token gives 150 faction per use, from 9k to 18k. (60 tokens)   - Level 40 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 18k to 25k. (70 tokens)   - Level 50 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 25k to 32k. (70 tokens)   - Level 60 Token gives 100 faction per use, from 32k to 40k. (80 tokens)</p><p>2. Implement a system for changing token's from one lower tier, to a higher tier. This change is a gesture towards understanding that with PVP the way it is now with exp, people will be herded towards higher and higher tiers. This also allows those that PVP regularly a supplement to their faction, without much of a downside. </p><p>I feel these changes combined together would be greatly beneficial to those who want to enjoy the PVP rewards, and PVP experience. Yes, there may be an issue if people level out of the T2 tokens, but really, this should be a boon to those who desire to use that equipment. </p><p>Please post any feedback on this current system, and <b>please refrain from dragging any other agenda OTHER than PVP faction in to this discussion</b>. This thread isn't about removing PVP exp, it's about fixing PVP faction to compensate for changes beyond our control. Thanks!</p></blockquote><p>Feedback on your little plan to help fix PVP faction.  You are trying to find compensation.  What about a 1% gain for every ten kills.  Gaining anywhere betwenn 1-10% per kill is rediculous.  I lvl lock to get full experience out of my lvl.  I am an AA [Removed for Content].  I like to get as much AA as possible for my lvl.  I have a lvl 30 Templar with 47 AA.  I only have 6500 faction for pvp gear.  You need 7500 faction just for lvl 20.  By the time I hit the 15000 Faction mark for lvl 30 gear, I will be at lvl 40-45.  </p><p>So, my suggestion is lessen xp gained in pvp if there has to be xp gained at all.</p>

Naglfar
12-14-2007, 09:04 AM
<p>They should remove low level PvP reward and faction.</p><p>Here's few suggestions :</p><p>3 kinds of token :- 1 for T2 -> T6- 1 for T7- 1 for T8</p><p>Rewards would start with lvl 50 gear, and you could spare token during all your T2/T5 leveling. Before T5 it's a little bit pointless to have some fabled gear, and it would incentive enough to have some nice PvP on T5/6/7.</p><p>A T5 toon is almost "complete" with most of their abilities, except ancient teaching. So PvP should be well balanced and fun for all.</p><p>For the AA problem, we can imagine buying a kind of PvP reward who gives you AA against xxx tokens. So the pure pvpers could lvl all the way til T8 only with PvP.</p><p>Anyway it's just some random ideas, I don't think SoE will change a lot their PvP system now.</p>