PDA

View Full Version : Another look at Venekor


Zacarus
12-13-2007, 12:09 PM
November 2004Decided between Guild Wars and EQ2.  Chose GW.January 2005Good real life friend had been playing EQ2 since launch.  Stopped playing GW, started playing EQ2.July 2005Grew weary of the EQ2 grind.  Had a 23 trub (out of 50).  Quit.February 2007Heard favorable things about EQ2 PvP.  Same friend still playing, on Nagafen now.  Gave it a try.  Loved it.December 2007Have been playing on Nagafen for ten months.  Casual player, two to three times per week.  Group with friends when possible.  We're all locked in tier 4 and level very slowly together.  We crawl through the levels, considering every quest, considering every named, in every zone within our level range.  Our guild has solid anti-griefing rules.  They play more frequently, but they can PvP when myself and others are off-line.December 13, 2007Not sure what to do.  I think they will "fix" this somehow.  In the meantime, I'm thinking about rolling a toon on Venekor, racing him up to T8 (if I can stand the grind), then xfer to Nagafen.  Basically using Venekor as a PvE proving ground until T8.

Psych
12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
If you hate grinding I'd suggest sticking to only quests and only when you have vitality.If you dont have vitality try an alt until you do or maybe craft things until you do.Or try pvp I have heard good things from everyone about the exp reward it gives.

Xzerius
12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Funny thing is............ the OP is right.  His idea is very sound in being able to PVE to max out with minimal interference though the lower and mid levels then trans to Naggy. Not much different that moving a blue server toon to a red.  I'm sure SOE loves this $100.00 Idea as well though.

Zacarus
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
It took me 24 game hours to get a toon from 1 to 20.  XP locked at 10 to maximize AA's.  Figuring the bulk of that was from 10 to 20, I'll estimate it takes me 24 game hours per tier.  It took me 3 weeks of real life time to put those 24 hours into the game.  So...3 weeks to do 24 hours of game6 more tiers to goThat's 18 weeksCool!  I'll be PvP'ing in tier 8 in 4.5 months!

Phea
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>It took me 24 game hours to get a toon from 1 to 20.  XP locked at 10 to maximize AA's.  Figuring the bulk of that was from 10 to 20, I'll estimate it takes me 24 game hours per tier.  It took me 3 weeks of real life time to put those 24 hours into the game.  So...3 weeks to do 24 hours of game6 more tiers to goThat's 18 weeksCool!  I'll be PvP'ing in tier 8 in 4.5 months!</blockquote>It took Pheara, my first PvP toon, over somewhere like... hmm, 8 months to get to lvl 67? Yeah. 8 Months. Probably more.Before everyone starts thinking thats pathetic, here's why:I end up hating the tier Im in, so I go off and play my alts. Since I grinded Pheara from 1 to 30 in half a month, I got bored of the coercer play-style and decided I should try other classes. So I made a warlock. And a fury. And a troub. And a warden. And an exile mystic. Two months later I came back to Pheara.If youre thinking its 24 hours per tier, wait till T7 hits you. You better have some XP potions.I usually try to rough it out through the boring time now with friends and whatnot, but hey. To each his own.

MaCloud1032
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
To the OP if your just going to roll a toon to transfer him dont bother.  We don't need rubish like that.

Zacarus
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>To the OP if your just going to roll a toon to transfer him dont bother.  We don't need rubish like that.</blockquote>Do you have a choice?

ckl
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
<p>Don't know what I'd hate more: leveling up on venekor with fights few and far between, but having maxxed AAs by 80, or leveling up on nagafen with lots of pvp, and maybe 50 AAs by 80.</p><p>I'll go with option C, which is neither.</p>

TniEradani
12-15-2007, 12:10 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>To the OP if your just going to roll a toon to transfer him dont bother.  We don't need rubish like that.</blockquote><p>From a twink who just hit LvL 37, 70 AAs, Destroyer, KvD a good solid 4</p><p>ya, come on over and roll up an alt to pve to 80. we won't bother you as we're all too shocked to wanna pvp anymore. </p><p>-- can't pvp, can't quest, [Removed for Content] is a person todo</p>

Bawang
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
<cite>Psych wrote:</cite><blockquote>If you hate grinding <span style="font-size: x-small;"><b>I'd suggest sticking to only quests and only when you have vitality</b>.</span>If you dont have vitality try an alt until you do or maybe craft things until you do.Or try pvp I have heard good things from everyone about the exp reward it gives.</blockquote>Hmmm...quest xp is not affected by vitality, only adventure xp is.

Wytie
12-18-2007, 01:12 PM
<p>To the OP,</p><p>You have a solid idea there, if thats what you want to do go for it. That is your choice iv been on both servers and even thought of the same idea. but what happens is going from 1-80 by yourself sucks and is possiably the worst thing i can imagine to do.</p><p>At some point you will find a friend or guild that you end up forming a bond with and thats makes things even more difficult. </p><p>So in thought its sounds like a good idea but will cause you to miss some of the most fun parts of the game,(grouping with friends doing stuff at all levels not just 80) and it turn leaves an unsatifying taste in your mouth. not to mention no cash period to start with Vene may not have as much population but you will still get mega ownd with subpar gear, and your not gona want to avoid pvp till you can gear out are you?</p><p>We all pay the same fees and can do whateven one chooses but what happens when server tranfers go down right when you want to transferr and they dont com back up for 3-6 months?</p><p>Just becareful bro enjoy leveling your toon save him the trouble of uprooting him and the friends you make and dont always count on SoE to always allow you to transfer  </p>

Zacarus
12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
<cite>Wytie wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>To the OP,</p><p>You have a solid idea there, if thats what you want to do go for it. That is your choice iv been on both servers and even thought of the same idea. but what happens is going from 1-80 by yourself sucks and is possiably the worst thing i can imagine to do.</p><p>At some point you will find a friend or guild that you end up forming a bond with and thats makes things even more difficult. </p><p>So in thought its sounds like a good idea but will cause you to miss some of the most fun parts of the game,(grouping with friends doing stuff at all levels not just 80) and it turn leaves an unsatifying taste in your mouth. not to mention no cash period to start with Vene may not have as much population but you will still get mega ownd with subpar gear, and your not gona want to avoid pvp till you can gear out are you?</p><p>We all pay the same fees and can do whateven one chooses but what happens when server tranfers go down right when you want to transferr and they dont com back up for 3-6 months?</p><p>Just becareful bro enjoy leveling your toon save him the trouble of uprooting him and the friends you make and dont always count on SoE to always allow you to transfer  </p></blockquote><p>Thanks bro.</p><p>I was venting. I hate this change. But I'll pony up to the bar and adapt. I'm on nagafen. My ranger shall runneth to 80. No mercy (and only engaging titled greens). <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Taldier
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote> I'm thinking about rolling a toon on Venekor, racing him up to T8 (if I can stand the grind), then xfer to Nagafen.  Basically using Venekor as a PvE proving ground until T8.</blockquote><p>Im going to assume you've never played a toon on venekor.  Venekor's mythical absence of pvp widely proclaimed by naggy's army of prepubencent forum trolls is widely overstated.</p><p>Sure you could avoid pvp by grinding to t8 entirely in instances, but you could do that on nagafen just as easily, so why waste money on transfering back and forth.</p><p>On the other hand, if you mistakenly think you can safely solo grind to t8 on venekor in open zones... you will be owned, repeatedly, without lube....</p><p>Just a friendly warning from one of venekor's many active pvper's.</p><p>On that note, if you do choose to make a toon on venekor....welcome to the community, youll probably find yourself making friends with good people here that you wont easily leave behind.</p><p>And we'll be sure to /bow as we look down at your mangled corpse, you know rp and all that....</p>

Chaosfairie27
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
To the OP, I don't want you to get the wrong idea either.  I am also not sure where the no PVP on Venekor thing comes from.  We have a very active PVP community and you will prolly die lots if you come in with a PVE mentality and the wrong idea of what the server is about.  So, I wish you luck if you choose to roll a toon on Venekor and you may find that things are pretty different that what ya think!