PDA

View Full Version : Information Gathering on PvP Change (I need your help!)

Darken_St
12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Please do not post in here to complain about the patch. Lockers, though I am not one of you who pvp's eternally I am on your side and trying to gather valid feedback. Though I too dislike the change I feel that information gathering at this point is essential to minimize fallout because of it.The purpose of this thread is too gauge the amount of pvp xp given by players of a certain con per tier. Please include your character name, level, server, and the lvl and con of your victim, as well as how much xp was given.<u><b>T2</b></u>Green Con-Blue Con-Yellow Con-Orange Con-Red Con-<u><b>T3</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-<u><b>T4</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-<u><b>T5</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-<u><b>T6</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-<u><b>T7</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-<u><b>T8</b></u>Green Con- Blue Con- Yellow Con- Orange Con- Red Con-This is an effort to amass this data for the developers, that way a fine tuning of this patch since its apparent its live, like it or not, can be done. I am aware that they probably have this information handy. And in that case this thread serves a dual purpose of finding the curve for we, the players. Understanding what we face will make things more palatable.Thank you,AlexisEdited to reflect the second post in this thread and my reply to it.

Skywarrior
12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Somehow, I think the developers already have this information since they, well you know, developed it.  There are some things that indeed have unintended consequences but the actual numbers involved are very easy for the developers to find.  Much easier than any anecdotal evidence you might collect here.

Darken_St
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I am aware that they set the variables on the tables that cause the amount to be more evident to them than to us. This thread also serves the purpose of finding the curve which we as players would I am sure like to know.For instance "if" rumors of 13% for a 4 lvl higher kill are correct at what point does that become 10%, 5%, 3% 1%? when does scaling down occur and how steep is it.Think outside the bloody box and cease looking for reasons to attack everything anyone can do. Man fears that which he does not understand. Information illuminates and allows understanding. Maybe twinks will stop seeing the sky fall if they have some "anectodal" evidence in place of none.Alexis

dakmore scorpain
12-13-2007, 04:52 AM
<p>Level 15 hunter grouped with a 14 hunter;</p><p>Kills level 15 slayer (white con)</p><p>The 14 got 19% exp</p><p>The 15 got 15% exp</p><p>(Both with 100% vitality.)</p>

Kulharr
12-13-2007, 05:06 AM
<p>Personally I think vit or level should not matter at all for xp gained.  Maybe the tier at most.  But it should be static aside from that.  at never any time should this number have crossed 2%, many people stated that, SOE ignored, if were seeing upwards of 20% thats terrible.</p><p>and yes, 16 killing 20 yields, donno if it's vitality or not.</p><p>I doubt soe even changed the ammount of xp awared, that'd be too much effort on their part.  pvp xp without lock has always been massive from pvp launch.  I doubt they adjusted the rate, they just made it so we're forced to get experience from it, the value is probably unchanged from what it has always been.  Come on, you don't think SOE would put forth that much effort for a pvp server?  They didn't even bother to adjust the reward system, I highly doubt they would have adjusted the xp system, both of them need to be looked at.</p>

TniEradani
12-13-2007, 05:49 AM
<p>lvl 37</p><p>3% for a deep red and a yellow</p><p>they were separate, but i didn't look at xp till we'd killed both</p>

keLston
12-13-2007, 06:17 AM
<cite>Skywarrior wrote:</cite><blockquote>Somehow, I think the developers already have this information since they, well you know, developed it.  There are some things that indeed have unintended consequences but the actual numbers involved are very easy for the developers to find.  Much easier than any anecdotal evidence you might collect here.</blockquote>Well, whether the devs know or not (I hope they do), it'd at least be helpful for the players to have this up.

deepruntramp
12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Everything I've read and heard in-game is suggesting PVP XP gain to be equivalent to killing a ^^^ Heroic mob of the target player's level.If you have rested XP, that's doubled.  If you're grouped, it's split like normal.

Roald
12-13-2007, 06:27 AM
I thought is just gave you the same XP as if that player was a single ^^^ mob of that level.

ladyvengeance
12-13-2007, 06:39 AM
<p>My 27 Necro just killed a 26 Warlock --- he didn't fight back. He just sat there and got killed. This is NOT pvp!!!!!</p><p>I got 4% xp from it.</p>

WasFycksir
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
<p>First kill after the change me, lev 25 solo vs a 27 solo, noone else engaged (that I saw) and I got 5% experience.</p><p>@20 kills and all the armor and spells you have in that tier are worthless (or nearly so), nice change /NOT</p><p>Next couple kills where just a FFA, I was grouped with 2/3 others for the next two kills and there were TONS of adds on both sides.  Me 25 (and my group+ others) vs a 30 and a 33 at separate times, both netted around 1% each</p><p>I am going to give them a week or so to remove this change or it will be /cancel</p>