PDA

View Full Version : FD change very bad for PvP servers

Xzerius
12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
<p>I was browsing the test forums  since  ( ONCE AGAIN ) the game crashed without warning. I discovered a change that they intend to make the FD button cancel its effect out if you click it again. I dunno about the rest of you but I rarely can click ANY of my buttons only once during a fight and find myself  fervently clicking  emergency skills such as FD  while waiting through a stifle, stun, mezz, LAG etc................  This change will only cause an early and most likely untimely cancelation of FD even more so on PvP servers where such stifles, stuns etc............  are chained on you during combat.</p><p>Its not broken, DON'T  " fix "  it!!!!</p>

Fluffypaws
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
lol they must get a list of the class names, close there eyes and point on one at random, then think meh what the hell we haven't changed anything for the worse in a while, we must be slacking! i know lets make it so that brawlers get a FD that punishes them for spam clicking it!!

Roald
12-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Isnt FD used just as a de-aggro? If this is true, then surely quicker you're back up the better, cos while you're down ur avoidance is 0.

sprogn
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
<p>Actually this change is something a lot more serious than possible lag issues.</p><p>By being "toggleable", the reuse timer won't start until you toggle FD off.  So the days of FDing under a mob, waiting for the recast, jumping up, running away and FDing again are over!</p><p>Now it's going to be your 10s or whatever recast from the time you stand up.</p>

Xzerius
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
<p>Its only a de-aggro in PvP by "supposedly" making people clear their target window but since most fights tend to occur while you are on a PvE mob you basically will pop right back up at the feet of your  PvE mob  (  under a rain of PvP arrows ) and once again re-aggro your now  fully healed PvE mob. </p><p>Again though. there is NOTHING wrong with its current mechanics and should be left alone.</p>

Eybietie
12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
i like it.

Fluffypaws
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah i kinda overreacted, mostly out of bordem, but as my ol' dad used to say if it aint broke dont fix it as the OP said

TheSpin
12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I believe there are some PvE exploits that are being prevented by this change.  That's the ultimate reason for it.

Gnobrin
12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
<p><b><u><i>FYI!</i></u></b></p><p>The Feign Death changes brought about in GU41 shall be reverted in update on 12/13/07.  </p><p>~Gnobrin!</p>

Gnobrin
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
<p><b><u><i>Update of my previously given info!</i></u></b></p><p>The update to revert the Feign Death will not be on the 13th as I'd originally stated, but it shall be very soon.  If I hear more, I'll let you know!</p><p>~Gnobrin!</p>