PDA

View Full Version : alternative to pvp exp


karnath
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
<p>  why doesnt SOE implement the original pvp rules with a little tweek,.  they are in the everquest 2 kingdom of the sky manual under pvp... they are as follows: there are 2 types of pvp kills, honorable , neutral, and dishonorable kills...</p><p>          honorable kills..... any kill of the opposing alignment that was first initated while the target was at or near full health.... reward (updated)  status, faction , and fame/ infamy </p><p>          neutral kills.....any kill of the opposing alignment that was first initated when the target was at 1/2 health..... reward moderate faction</p><p>          dishonorable kills.....any kill made of the opposing alignment that was first initated when the target was at less than !/2 health or on recent..... penetlys  loss of faction..</p><p>          Now my suggestion with tweeks:</p><p>          hororable kills....any kill,  initated while PC was at above 3/4 to full health and not on recent list.... rewards (same as current) status, faction, and fame/infamy with in title range (as it stands now)</p><p>          neutral kills....any kill, initiated while PC was above 1/2 to 3/4 health and not on recent list.... reward 1/2 faction.</p><p>          dishonorable kills....any kill, initated while PC was 1/2 or below, health or on recent list.... penetlys loss of 2x faction,  loss of 2x status,  loss of 2x fame/ infamy, reguardless if u would have gotten fame/ infamy if it had been honorable kill..</p><p>          * might even add power to the percentages like the health.</p><p>          * exception would be if player 1 initiated and made a honorable kill of player 2, then player 2 came back and iniated combat with player 1 and lost to player 1 again then player 1 would not be penelized for a dishonorable kill since he was defending himself...</p><p>          * would even add that if agroup kills a solo PC then adds a member to there group and kills the PC again disohonorable then all members of the group would be penelized.</p><p>         * and if a group fights another group but not all members were killed and combat was reinitated ,then any recent kills would be penelized as per each character as above rules.</p><p>i think this would help to stop low lvl chain ganking more than mandatory exp for pvp kills..and most would be happy. and if more drastic measures need to be implemented just move the start of pvp from lvl 10 to lvl 20...</p>

Grimfort
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
<p>I would spend so long trying to work out if a q would be worth killing using those rules, I would die of boredom.</p>

karnath
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
<p>the above post is inplace of mandantory pvp exp..... i dont want to see the mandantory exp as with a lot of people. i have high lvl and low lvl charcters and i prefee to play my lvl 20 pvp chars... as some one once stated in another post my char is finished... i just want to log on and play em...i dont want to have to log on and have to keep improving him just becaues he lvled...  it gets very expensive at higher levels to keep up.. and i dont have much coin... dont want to have to spend all my time trying to get coin and or trying to get stuff i need as i level... i have some mid level characters also..  and some characters will level up more .. but i want some to stay where they are...  </p><p>    why force people to level on a pvp server for pvping? it like u are getting penelized for doing something u are supposed to do... its a PVP server for god sakes.... come on people...  player versus player some one will die...  and i die too... im not a pvp god... and it doesnt take much to equip a character for pvp anymore with the gear from the new quests.... and the rares for t1 - t3 adept 3's are cheap now with the flood on the brokers...</p><p>   some say leave if u dont like it.... but if everyone that doesnt like it leaves then u will not have anyone to pvp with... : (</p>

karnath
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
<cite>Grimfort wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I would spend so long trying to work out if a q would be worth killing using those rules, I would die of boredom.</p></blockquote>not so..... it would only give a penetly for griefing.... if someone is on a recent or almost dead then u dont attack em...

MaCloud1032
12-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Umm that rule set is still going

karnath
12-13-2007, 10:06 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Umm that rule set is still going</blockquote>there is currently no penetly for dishonorable kills...and thats the problem

Vilesummon
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
What if I got rolled by Dark and company 15 minutes ago...and grab a group to pay them back. They kill me again, do you want them penalized because I was on their recent list?Change is in...adapt and conquer.

Assasian
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
<p><span style="font-size: small;font-family: Times New Roman;">I Think This Is A Brilliant Idea, I have read it before on these forums & i hope SOE read it 2, but just 2 double check myselffor you to b penalised, u would have to engage the person on recent or under 50% hp, if they atk u, no penalty shall applythis would fix the griefing problem, that pathetic players bring.without ruining the game for the good pvpers, that wants a good fightebofu 27dread mysticmezafreep 19dread illusionistbravehearrt 14destroyer paladin                         pst if u have a freep on venekor that wants a duel</span></p>

Killque
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
<p>Copy and paste, another time sink,...</p><p>Level lockers are exposed to the next level range. IE, in a 4 level range, someone who is level locked would be vulnerable to + 2 more levels, hell maybe even + 4 more.</p><p>So by locking at level 14, lvl 10s and 11s are grey,  and you can be attacked by 20s. Just shift the range...</p><p>Normal Cons @ lvl 14:</p><p>10   11  12  13  14  15  16  17 18 19 20</p><p>G     G    B     B   W    Y    Y    O   O   R   R</p><p>Locked Cons @ lvl 14:</p><p>10   11  12  13  14  15  16  17 18 19 20 21 22</p><p>Gr     Gr   G   G    B   B   W    Y    Y   O   O  R   R</p><p>This change of xp gained with pvp kills does no more than take away time from my life. Should I now choose to continue (and I dont) and still maintain a competitive edge in PvP with gear etc it will drain even more freetime. That is the true nerf here.</p>

Killque
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
<p>I typed this once already, but it didnt get posted since my thread was locked, so i get to type it all over again, yae!</p><p>The point is, a level 14 warden will completely own a level 10 newbie whatever... probably even in two shots... so lets not have that, I agree.. You want to lock and have competitive pvp with your friends with out investing half of your life to do so, sure go ahead, but with the new change, this concept itself changes...</p><p>You want to lock, ok great, but now you have to play with the big boys (19s and 20s as per my example). Its fair all around.</p>

ckl
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
<p>That's a pretty good idea. Sounds kind of confusing, though: If I'm level 16 and locked, I can't attack a level 14, so how is a level 22 going to be able to attack me?</p><p>Edit: Hmm, I get it. I'd be able to be attacked by a level 22, who isn't locked himself. I like the idea with the exception of that. Don't mess with the lower ranges, keep it 4 levels minus your own, for instance, but just increase the higher range. So -4/+6. That'd work for me.</p>Message edited by cklab on 12/14/2007 10:32:11.

Killque
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
<cite>cklab wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>That's a pretty good idea. Sounds kind of confusing, though: If I'm level 16 and locked, I can't attack a level 14, so how is a level 22 going to be able to attack me?</p><p>Edit: Hmm, I get it. I'd be able to be attacked by a level 22, who isn't locked himself. I like the idea with the exception of that. Don't mess with the lower ranges, keep it 4 levels minus your own, for instance, but just increase the higher range. So -4/+6. That'd work for me.</p>Message edited by cklab on 12/14/2007 10:32:11. </blockquote>The point of my suggestion is to take the power of a 14 locker to even attack someone 4 levels below them. That part of the idea is completely intended and half the point.

ckl
12-14-2007, 03:50 PM
<cite>Killque wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>cklab wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>That's a pretty good idea. Sounds kind of confusing, though: If I'm level 16 and locked, I can't attack a level 14, so how is a level 22 going to be able to attack me?</p><p>Edit: Hmm, I get it. I'd be able to be attacked by a level 22, who isn't locked himself. I like the idea with the exception of that. Don't mess with the lower ranges, keep it 4 levels minus your own, for instance, but just increase the higher range. So -4/+6. That'd work for me.</p>Message edited by cklab on 12/14/2007 10:32:11. </blockquote>The point of my suggestion is to take the power of a 14 locker to even attack someone 4 levels below them. That part of the idea is completely intended and half the point.</blockquote>Just as long as the level locked 22 for instance can attack the level locked 16, or 18, or whatever.

Wraithstalker
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
<cite>Killque wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Copy and paste, another time sink,...</p><p>Level lockers are exposed to the next level range. IE, in a 4 level range, someone who is level locked would be vulnerable to + 2 more levels, hell maybe even + 4 more.</p><p>So by locking at level 14, lvl 10s and 11s are grey,  and you can be attacked by 20s. Just shift the range...</p><p>Normal Cons @ lvl 14:</p><p>10   11  12  13  14  15  16  17 18 19 20</p><p>G     G    B     B   W    Y    Y    O   O   R   R</p><p>Locked Cons @ lvl 14:</p><p>10   11  12  13  14  15  16  17 18 19 20 21 22</p><p>Gr     Gr   G   G    B   B   W    Y    Y   O   O  R   R</p><p>This change of xp gained with pvp kills does no more than take away time from my life. Should I now choose to continue (and I dont) and still maintain a competitive edge in PvP with gear etc it will drain even more freetime. That is the true nerf here.</p></blockquote><p>Now this i like, locking turns on 'hardcore' mode, where you have to kill harder players. This is excellently thought out, and fits right in with the honor and lore system, as well as addressing the risk vs reward paradigm. I'd go further and make honor from only true challenges when locked, yellow and above, you need to be more than equal to your opponent and you have something to prove to get notority. There are obviously a lot of considerations as to the way this would pan out.</p><p>I think there needs to be a consideration to prevent the gank squad ethos that is prevailent and could expose flaws in this system, but it's the best new idea I've seen on the forums this week. I'd like to see the locking toggled in town where you have to swear alliegence to your faction, or even your deity. I'd love to see deity based PvP rewards where you hand in tokens to deity quest giver in exchange for special items.</p><p>Basically give this guy a job SOE, my whole interest would be reignited with a 'lore' specific feeling I am doing something to further the cause of my faction.</p>

Killque
12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
<cite>cklab wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Killque wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>cklab wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>That's a pretty good idea. Sounds kind of confusing, though: If I'm level 16 and locked, I can't attack a level 14, so how is a level 22 going to be able to attack me?</p><p>Edit: Hmm, I get it. I'd be able to be attacked by a level 22, who isn't locked himself. I like the idea with the exception of that. Don't mess with the lower ranges, keep it 4 levels minus your own, for instance, but just increase the higher range. So -4/+6. That'd work for me.</p>Message edited by cklab on 12/14/2007 10:32:11. </blockquote>The point of my suggestion is to take the power of a 14 locker to even attack someone 4 levels below them. That part of the idea is completely intended and half the point.</blockquote>Just as long as the level locked 22 for instance can attack the level locked 16, or 18, or whatever.</blockquote><p>Of course, he would con green and have a red outline as long as he was not mentored or in immunity</p>

MaCloud1032
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
<cite>karnath wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Umm that rule set is still going</blockquote>there is currently no penetly for dishonorable kills...and thats the problem</blockquote>Acutaly they are because you recive nothing for doing it.  But now you will get xp for killing them over and over.