PDA

View Full Version : Rerolled, no twink, succeeding without max aa in T2?!?

Spider
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
<p>Thats right.  I left Vox and rerolled on Nagafen.  Vox is just plain dead, but the point here:</p><p>At lvl 16 I have almost 600 kills!  I have been accused of being a twink many a time and i have to set people straight.  </p><p>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them!  </p><p>My gear is not great and I have spent almost every copper on spell upgrades.  </p><p>My plan is 700 kills before going to lvl 20 so I can buy my pvp gear when I get there.  I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon. </p><p>I just want all the other players out there to know that you can do ok if your not a twink!  I go both solo, duo, triple, full group, and have even been in a couple x2s in Antonica.  I dont like the Caves solo, though, I die to much as I can not track and am a cloth wearing coercer.  At lvl 16 I have 16aa.  </p><p>"The most powerful weapon one can wield in pvp is friends/allies."  </p><p>"A friend is better than a fabled item."</p>

seejester
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
<span style="font-size: small;color: #00ff00;">Good for you spider. Welcome to Nagafen =)</span>

Psych
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and <span style="color: #ff0000;">the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them! </span> </blockquote>Remind me again how purposely TRYING not to level so that you have more time to grow stronger at a lower level isnt pretty much the DEFINITION of "twinking"?Your just trying to do what they do but without a high level to support you which not even all of them have. Some of them just make several crafters to support their main toons armor/spells and since the crafter need only level 20 or so its not difficult.Point being if your purposely avoiding exp and/or lvl'ing with the goal of having more time to grow stronger your just a slower version of a locker.Also, we all know you can do OK without twinking if your facing another player who is also not a twink. Dont even try to convince me you can do OK vs a player who IS a twink if you arent because I watched twinks tank 4 non twinks mages and scouts going all out just straight casting. I even had the guys back as a brigand for a bit. I have no idea what he was using but he just jumped around making fun of us all until we ran out of power. I've duo'd and killed RED CONS. He was only even con. He was by far the strongest I've ever seen though...Also nobody out there is saying they cant get kills. They are all saying they get killed too fast too easily. As in "I keep getting 1 shotted by twinks!" Also if you have 600 kills at 16...your seriously not the normal pvper. I barely had 100 total kills+deaths at level 36. You must literally just go out hunting pvp every day. I dont do that often but when I do I try to stay invis because a coercers greatest advantage is getting the first move. I dissagree that a friend is the best weapon, I duo with a friend and we lose all the time lol. usually not when its the 2 of us vs 1 opponent...but when there are 5 Q's we do die repeatedly haha

Snosael
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
<cite>Psych wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Remind me again how purposely TRYING not to level so that you have more time to grow stronger at a lower level isnt pretty much the DEFINITION of "twinking"?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333;">The definition of twinking comes from using the resources of another player, usually a higher lvl, to outfit a brand new player.  A 'twinked' player is one that did not earn what he has himself.  Someone else did for him.   Remember?  =)</span>Point being if your purposely avoiding exp and/or lvl'ing with the goal of having more time to grow stronger your just a slower version of a locker.</p><span style="color: #ff3300;">Whats the point of a lvl 80 getting better gear?  i wanna see the lvl 80 lockers get nerfed!!!</span></blockquote>

Zacarus
12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thats right.  I left Vox and rerolled on Nagafen.  Vox is just plain dead, but the point here:</p><p>At lvl 16 I have almost 600 kills!  I have been accused of being a twink many a time and i have to set people straight.  </p><p>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them!  </p><p>My gear is not great and I have spent almost every copper on spell upgrades.  </p><p>My plan is 700 kills before going to lvl 20 so I can buy my pvp gear when I get there.  I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon. </p><p>I just want all the other players out there to know that you can do ok if your not a twink!  I go both solo, duo, triple, full group, and have even been in a couple x2s in Antonica.  I dont like the Caves solo, though, I die to much as I can not track and am a cloth wearing coercer.  At lvl 16 I have 16aa.  </p><p>"The most powerful weapon one can wield in pvp is friends/allies."  </p><p>"A friend is better than a fabled item."</p></blockquote>Hypocrisy.  You boast of your 600 kills at level 16, then turn around and say, "I support the fact no one else will be able to do this."

Psych
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
<h1><span style="color: #ff0000;">Twinking</span></h1> <h3><span style="color: #ff0000;">From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</span></h3> <div ><span style="color: #ff0000;">Jump to: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking#column-one" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">navigation</a>, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking#searchInput" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">search</a></span></div> <div ><span style="color: #ff0000;">For other uses, see <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Twink</a>.</span></div> <p><span style="color: #ff0000;">A <b>Twink</b> is somebody who, within the confines and restrictions that a game provides, finds and takes advantage of a balancing flaw (whether it be in statistic, social features, skills etc.) to make a character that will be more powerful than a character made by one unaware of such flaws. A character made in this fashion is considered twinked.</span></p>Still dissagree?

Snosael
12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
<cite>Psych wrote:</cite><blockquote><h1><span style="color: #ff0000;">Twinking</span></h1><h3><span style="color: #ff0000;">From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</span></h3><div><span style="color: #ff0000;">Jump to: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking#column-one" target="_blank">navigation</a>, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking#searchInput" target="_blank">search</a></span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000;">For other uses, see <a rel="nofollow" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink" target="_blank">Twink</a>.</span></div><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">A <b>Twink</b> is somebody who, within the confines and restrictions that a game provides, finds and takes advantage of a balancing flaw (whether it be in statistic, social features, skills etc.) to make a character that will be more powerful than a character made by one unaware of such flaws. A character made in this fashion is considered twinked.</span></p>Still dissagree?</blockquote><p>Yes, is do disagree.  That is the definition of an exploiter.  Everybody knows that better gear will make your character better.  Even day one newbies.  The definition i posted comes from EQ1 where items had no lvl restrictions.  Lvl 60 toons would put raid gear on their low lvl chars.  As far as i know that was when the term Twink was invented.</p><p> In EQ1 it was a problem cause lvl 1 toons were wearing end game items.  In EQ2, T2 toons are wearing T2 items (its Fabled, but its still T2)</p>

Snosael
12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thats right.  I left Vox and rerolled on Nagafen.  Vox is just plain dead, but the point here:</p><p>At lvl 16 I have almost 600 kills!  I have been accused of being a twink many a time and i have to set people straight.  </p><p>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them!  </p><p>My gear is not great and I have spent almost every copper on spell upgrades.  </p><p>My plan is 700 kills before going to lvl 20 so I can buy my pvp gear when I get there.  I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon. </p><p>I just want all the other players out there to know that you can do ok if your not a twink!  I go both solo, duo, triple, full group, and have even been in a couple x2s in Antonica.  I dont like the Caves solo, though, I die to much as I can not track and am a cloth wearing coercer.  At lvl 16 I have 16aa.  </p><p>"The most powerful weapon one can wield in pvp is friends/allies."  </p><p>"A friend is better than a fabled item."</p></blockquote>Hypocrisy.  You boast of your 600 kills at level 16, then turn around and say, "<span style="color: #66cc00;">I support the fact no one else will be able to do this."</span></blockquote>Where does he say that??!?   Seems to me his arguement is that other player CAN do well starting from scratch.  Thats just what he did.

Zaci
12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
<cite>Snosael wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Psych wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Remind me again how purposely TRYING not to level so that you have more time to grow stronger at a lower level isnt pretty much the DEFINITION of "twinking"?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333;">The definition of twinking comes from using the resources of another player, usually a higher lvl, to outfit a brand new player.  A 'twinked' player is one that did not earn what he has himself.  Someone else did for him.   Remember?  =)</span>Point being if your purposely avoiding exp and/or lvl'ing with the goal of having more time to grow stronger your just a slower version of a locker.</p><span style="font-size: xx-large;color: #ff3300;">Whats the point of a lvl 80 getting better gear?  i wanna see the lvl 80 lockers get nerfed!!!</span></blockquote></blockquote>Please, for the love of god, shut up. Level 80 is where the game is designed to become meaningful and challenging. All of the rest of it is fun to get there, not meant to lock forever and get theg ear and such. And before you say that the cap isnt where to game is designed to be fun and meaningful, when was the lsat time they added in content for the lower levels aside from cities and raceS? When was the last time they added in a group or raid zone in a LU? Thought so.

Zacarus
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
<cite>Snosael wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thats right.  I left Vox and rerolled on Nagafen.  Vox is just plain dead, but the point here:</p><p>At lvl 16 I have almost 600 kills!  I have been accused of being a twink many a time and i have to set people straight.  </p><p>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them!  </p><p>My gear is not great and I have spent almost every copper on spell upgrades.  </p><p>My plan is 700 kills before going to lvl 20 so I can buy my pvp gear when I get there.  I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon. </p><p>I just want all the other players out there to know that you can do ok if your not a twink!  I go both solo, duo, triple, full group, and have even been in a couple x2s in Antonica.  I dont like the Caves solo, though, I die to much as I can not track and am a cloth wearing coercer.  At lvl 16 I have 16aa.  </p><p>"The most powerful weapon one can wield in pvp is friends/allies."  </p><p>"A friend is better than a fabled item."</p></blockquote>Hypocrisy.  You boast of your 600 kills at level 16, then turn around and say, "<span style="color: #66cc00;">I support the fact no one else will be able to do this."</span></blockquote>Where does he say that??!?   Seems to me his arguement is that other player CAN do well starting from scratch.  Thats just what he did.</blockquote>He says it right here:"I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon."

Snosael
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>He says it right here:"I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon."</blockquote>you are right.  that doesnt make sense with the rest of what he was saying.

Badaxe Ba
12-12-2007, 01:15 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Snosael wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Thats right.  I left Vox and rerolled on Nagafen.  Vox is just plain dead, but the point here:</p><p>At lvl 16 I have almost 600 kills!  I have been accused of being a twink many a time and i have to set people straight.  </p><p>I came to Nagafen with 0 support.  I can not afford twink gear, even TD drops, I can not afford the 75g+ per piece and the xp you get from TD quests now is outrageous so I have barely touched them!  </p><p>My gear is not great and I have spent almost every copper on spell upgrades.  </p><p>My plan is 700 kills before going to lvl 20 so I can buy my pvp gear when I get there.  I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon. </p><p>I just want all the other players out there to know that you can do ok if your not a twink!  I go both solo, duo, triple, full group, and have even been in a couple x2s in Antonica.  I dont like the Caves solo, though, I die to much as I can not track and am a cloth wearing coercer.  At lvl 16 I have 16aa.  </p><p>"The most powerful weapon one can wield in pvp is friends/allies."  </p><p>"A friend is better than a fabled item."</p></blockquote>Hypocrisy.  You boast of your 600 kills at level 16, then turn around and say, "<span style="color: #66cc00;">I support the fact no one else will be able to do this."</span></blockquote>Where does he say that??!?   Seems to me his arguement is that other player CAN do well starting from scratch.  Thats just what he did.</blockquote>He says it right here:"I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon."</blockquote><p>It is so long a stretch of the imagination to equate 'I am excited about the pvp xp changes coming soon' to 'I support the fact no one else will be able to do this' as to almost be beyond belief.</p><p>I salute the OP for taking the time to post his experience in leveling and competing without a Sugar Daddy toon.</p><p>In no way can his statement be construed as to mean that future players cannot accomplish the same results.</p>

tass
12-12-2007, 01:36 AM
ya [Removed for Content] aside, all it seems like the op is saying is I can bitchslap people without twinking. hahaha the lock doesn't affect me. Well and hes also disproving people that only twinkers slap people around. I mean most of em do but apparently some afflicted survivor of vox can.Go you crazy [Removed for Content] vox person go