PDA

View Full Version : Enabling xp for PVP will encourage low-level raid pvp

Bozidar
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
<p>The best way to mitigate xp gained is by grouping, and raiding.  People who want to keep their level down, their AA up, and still pvp will be encouraged by the rules of the system to group up always, and raid as often as they can.  The more people they have, the less xp they'll gain from each kill.</p><p>Without talking about exploiting (which really, from what i've heard people are going to do, doesn't seem to serve any purpose) to get zero xp, this will be the best/only way to achieve a good amount of faction as well as keeping one's AA up.</p>

Roald
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
<p>I'd had this train of thought in my mind for a while, but I didn't wanna share it for fear no one else had thought of it, and posting it would just make it more likely to happen. lol.</p>

ckl
12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
<p>Hmm. Looks like I'll have to do that if I want to continue solo PVPing. Shame really that Mythic nerfed thrust, but I could probably level another infiltrator to 49 and get him templated in the time it'd take me to twink myself for T3.</p>

Skywarrior
<p>I'm curious as to how raids in PvP actually work.  I've seen this idea in other threads and it shouldn't work if the raid mechanic is reproduced in the PvP environment.  That is, as soon as you form a raid you no longer get any kind of credit (xp, aa, loot, faction) for killing non-raid content.  On the face of it, if it works in PvP like that, the only thing forming raids and sweeping the zones would do is cement the firm belief that the participants are actually just griefers and not actually playing for the competition, since you should not get any kill credit of any kind for killing non-raid targets in a raid.  </p><p>So, basically, can anyone explain how this works in PvP?  I am honestly curious.</p>

MaCloud1032
<p>wich brings up a x4 killing one guy so the get the max kill and min xp.  But the t2 twinks have always been about a fair fight and onlyh fighting other twinks and never killing newbies.  Thanks for filling us in on the inner workings.  </p><p>Get over your selfs guys you have always been about the quick kill.  Killing people that cant fight back and this post just proved it.</p>

ckl
12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>wich brings up a x4 killing one guy so the get the max kill and min xp.  But the t2 twinks have always been about a fair fight and onlyh fighting other twinks and never killing newbies.  Thanks for filling us in on the inner workings.  </p><p>Get over your selfs guys you have always been about the quick kill.  Killing people that cant fight back and this post just proved it.</p></blockquote><p>You assume that an x4 raid has to stay together and can't branch off and PVP by themselves, which would be the case, because honestly how many x4 raids have you seen in T2? </p>

Bozidar
12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
<cite>Skywarrior wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm curious as to how raids in PvP actually work.  I've seen this idea in other threads and it shouldn't work if the raid mechanic is reproduced in the PvP environment.  That is, as soon as you form a raid you no longer get any kind of credit (xp, aa, loot, faction) for killing non-raid content.  On the face of it, if it works in PvP like that, the only thing forming raids and sweeping the zones would do is cement the firm belief that the participants are actually just griefers and not actually playing for the competition, since you should not get any kill credit of any kind for killing non-raid targets in a raid.  </p><p>So, basically, can anyone explain how this works in PvP?  I am honestly curious.</p></blockquote>a raid can kill a solo player, and they will split his coin, and his fame.  each of them will get 35 faction for killing him (same amount if a solo kills a solo), and they can all roll on his tokens if any.

MaCloud1032
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
<cite>cklab wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>wich brings up a x4 killing one guy so the get the max kill and min xp.  But the t2 twinks have always been about a fair fight and onlyh fighting other twinks and never killing newbies.  Thanks for filling us in on the inner workings.  </p><p>Get over your selfs guys you have always been about the quick kill.  Killing people that cant fight back and this post just proved it.</p></blockquote><p>You assume that an x4 raid has to stay together and can't branch off and PVP by themselves, which would be the case, because honestly how many x4 raids have you seen in T2? </p></blockquote>Do us a favor and learn raid macanics before posting.  Just because you are x4 in a zone say CL doesnt mean your xp will always be nerfed.  IF one group is my wailing cabves the other is out side west freeprot another is out by the orcs and the last one is by nek you will all gain even xp.  Meaning you will gain the full xp because hof how far apart you are in zone.  Yes you will still flag as a x4 but you will still gain even xp.  You wont even share kills each group will have its own recent list and xp gain.

seejester
12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
<cite>Skywarrior wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm curious as to how raids in PvP actually work.  I've seen this idea in other threads and it shouldn't work if the raid mechanic is reproduced in the PvP environment.  That is, as soon as you form a raid you no longer get any kind of credit (xp, aa, loot, faction) for killing non-raid content.  On the face of it, if it works in PvP like that, the only thing forming raids and sweeping the zones would do is cement the firm belief that the participants are actually just griefers and not actually playing for the competition, since you should not get any kill credit of any kind for killing non-raid targets in a raid.  </p><p>So, basically, can anyone explain how this works in PvP?  I am honestly curious.</p></blockquote><span style="font-size: small;color: #00ff00;">When Betrayed raids, we often run into a little PvP on the way to the zone, a nice little snack before work. You'll always get credit for PvP, even if it's a x4 and one VERY unlucky farmer who happened to cross paths with you. Mercifully, the fight is very ugly and very quick. I've been ganked by a x4 before, nothing you can do but laugh and watch the horde stream over your corpse, moving on.BUT, as for the xp gained, if it's like the status points earned, it'll be split among everyone who participated, which means you'll get practically nothing. There is an answer, you know, to raid PvP... build up a raid of your own. Not too difficult if everyone's getting ganked ([Removed for Content] off people are usually willing to work together in the name of vengeance), and a x4 raid is pretty easy to track down and spot... unlike a solo ganker or small group of scouts, and people are usually shouting their location to the rest of the zone. Then, you can enjoy another side to PvP - Raid-on-Raid battles =)</span>

tequiero
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
WOOT RAID ON RAID  ITS LIKE EQ2 pvp servers when they first came out  Will it be called Ratonica againg??

Bloodfa
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, and as I don't raid there's a very good chance I am, but wouldn't a raid fighting against a raid essentially get 4 times the XP?  I mean, if it's split among the raid, as each kill registers, wouldn't it go across all?  Or is it split and then it would be the equivalent of a group killing a group, a 1-to1 ratio?

MaCloud1032
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Correct me if I'm wrong, and as I don't raid there's a very good chance I am, but wouldn't a raid fighting against a raid essentially get 4 times the XP?  I mean, if it's split among the raid, as each kill registers, wouldn't it go across all?  Or is it split and then it would be the equivalent of a group killing a group, a 1-to1 ratio?</blockquote><p>It would regester as one full kill.  if a x4 kills one person the xp from that one person is split to the 24 people there.  so one pvp kill in a x4 gets you 1/24 of what ever the xp ration is.  So a full whipe of a 24man would yeild 1 full xp raition.  but in the long run you will end up seeing more xp fomr a x4vs x4 as you will have people rezing and comming back and dieing again providing more xp so you might see a 1.5 gain over all.</p><p>As for infamy when a person dies they will take a full hit on there title.  Eveyone around that is highenough for a title hit form that person will have a fraction of that for a hit.  Say a slayer is rolled by a x4 of other slayers/hunter/destroyer the x4 will recive 1/24th of a gain ot there titel and the lone man will take a full title hit.  </p><p>Status workst hte same way where it is spread out amongs the entier raid.</p><p>I also belive there is a nerf on the amount of faction you recive.</p>

Bozidar
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I also belive there is a nerf on the amount of faction you recive.</p></blockquote>now that would just be FANTASTIC

Bloodfa
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Ah, gotcha.