PDA

View Full Version : Being Neutral on a PVP server

muttzz
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
<p>Hi to all,</p><p>What exactly are the pros and cons of being neutral on a pvp server ?</p><p>im guessing you can be attacked by both good and evil and obviously you can attack both sides back... am i right ?</p>

Kujamo
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Any level can attack you

Hinosh
12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>Any level can attack you <span style="color: #cc0000;">if that level is above 10.</span></blockquote>

XeroXs84
12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
If you mean by beeing "neutral" beeing exile.. thats not really neutral, thats hated by both factionsIt makes you attackable by all three factions (yes, fellow exiles can kill you too)It makes you attackable by any levelSo yes you can attack both (or all 3) sides, you cannot gain any pvp rewards for it tho which is why most exile pvp guilds do alot of raiding to be able to compete. I wouldnt recommend beeing an exile before endgame either, cos then the higher level chars can (and will) kill you every time they see you.

Greenion
12-09-2007, 12:36 PM
<p><span style="color: #339900;">to the majority of gamers i feel there are only what is considered "cons" to being an exile.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">as well currently it depends on the server we are referencing...haven on venekor is a fairly lonely zone, nagafen i think is quite a bit more bustly...this makes a vast difference in gameplay experience (per server in consideration of the same game feature)</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">on nagafen i think you will find exile groups more likely as well as guilds...more of an establishment...however at the same time i believe open world pvp there more populated an enterprise and therefor dicier (so the convenience in haven on nagafen may be cancelled out a bit by the parallell hardships also inherent to the server)</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">on venekor - well - i think im one of the most long lived exiles on the server (if not the longest) it is nearly completely a solo experience.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">recently my wife has brought a few chars over that coincide in level range with several of mine and we duo...which is alot of fun.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">what exile yeilds is an exponentially more difficult playing field (to me, not being in a guild and usually being the only exile in a zone (exception being the recent grouping with the missus))</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">you cant expect to at all get similar gameplay experince results from exile gameplay imo (the way and environ i am in on venekor as an exile) than those playing on city factions.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">i will never have a high pvp title, or likely a positive kill count (even my highest toon at 55 gets one shotted (which gets counted on the kill count ratio)</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">using the same "measuring stick" as city factioned pvprs use to gauge their prowess or progress in a world view so to speak will only serve to frustrate an exile imo...frankly the two states of gameplay (city factioned and exiled) imo arent comparable at all with current ruleset settings.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">it isnt something im complaining over...it is something i am stating.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">being an exile in a large raid guild at max level is not at all the same thing as playing an exile through the game...so i wouldnt at all equate the "exile experience" with exiling near or at endgame level and playing...</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">so it can be a rewarding thing if its what you are looking for...it can be a very frustrating thing if it isnt what you are looking for.</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">literally the state of exile does seperate a player from the rest of teh playerbase in many respects other than ingame faction - its an interesting game feature in this system, a novel idea within a pvp ruleset, one ive always felt development has neglected to capitalize the full gameplay potential of.</span></p>