PDA

View Full Version : The LVL Locking Poll: Twinks, Newbies, Vets and Devs

Snosael
12-09-2007, 06:58 AM
<p>Maybe this will help everyone get a better idea of who has what views.</p><p> Please keeps posts very short.  Just the basic info:</p><p>1)  Toon Name / server</p><p>2)  Level / class</p><p>3)  Are you a twink, newbie (not some alt), a high lvl vet (who is your alt that this affects?), a dev? (I know we are all wanting to know what you guys think)</p><p>4)  For or against the forced exp.  And in 10 words or less, why? (Ex. Twinks scare new players away, Twinks should lvl and be fodder for endgame uber raiders, etc)</p>

Lirdan
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
<span class="postbody"><p>1)  vlasic/matin/slopey/omnie/kittat/ --all nagafen except omnie</p><p>2)  56 dirge /70 warlock/70inq/70 coerer/16def</p><p>3)  Ima straight up vet</p><p>4)  Against ....soe if you ever play on a pvp server (i higher doubt you did) you would when you reach the middle lvl's pvp thin's out and many of the pvpers raid as well. The raid guild's fource us to have a certain aa spec. So we makes alt's / twink's to keep us on the server please don't [Removed for Content] up pvp as much as you have in the past (lvl ranges)</p><p>thx ! </p></span>

Snosael
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
<p>1) Snosael - Venekor   (Bzzt also)</p><p>2) lvl 20 ranger   (lvl 15 warden)</p><p>3) Both are twinks (though never had a char higher than these to fund me.  I did it myself)</p><p>4) Against the change.  Help newbies if they need it, dont ruin it for the rest.</p>

Eybietie
12-09-2007, 08:41 AM
polls are not allowed here afaik.

Roald
12-09-2007, 08:48 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>polls are not allowed here afaik.</blockquote>QFE

Bauer
12-09-2007, 09:05 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>polls are not allowed here afaik.</blockquote>Aye, but when in Rome..1. T3-4 locks, some levelling.   Lvl 70 preparing for 80. Nagafen2. Templar, Illu, Monk.   Ranger. 3. PVPing since the beginning on all 3 servers.4. I am <u><i>for</i></u> this change. I think this will do much good to the population balance and health of the game. The middle tiers will buff up and  the horrifically populated gankfest that is T2 will be left for players to quest through more easily and new players to learn about pvp. The only thing that puzzles me is what will happen with the lower lvl pvp gear.

Elephanton
12-09-2007, 09:24 AM
I am for this change, but polls are definitely not allowed here and this thread should be closed.

Psych
12-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm for the change, so is everyone who knows the difference between a pvp and griefing.IBTL

Spyderbite
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
<span class="postbody"><p><b>1)  Toon Name / server: </b>SpyderBite/Venekor</p><p><b>2)  Level / class: </b>Brigand</p><p><b>3)  Are you a twink, newbie (not some alt), a high lvl vet (who is your alt that this affects?), a dev?: </b>None of the above. I'm T5 on this toon. Played for over a year and have never locked. I do however have 3 alts that are twinked and locked at T2 & T3. I rarely visit the enemy faction's zones unless I'm there on an alt for AA discovery gain or to engage cons who are blue to me or higher. Mostly, my twinked alts stick around in their own zones to help out newbs as best they can, to defend themselves against the starting zone campers.</p><p><b>4)  For or against the forced exp.  And in 10 words or less, why?: </b>Majority (not all) of the twinks ruin the new player experience.</p><p>As a side note, I do understand that many lockers are being affected by this who legitimately locked so that they could fight each other at the lower tiers. Unfortunately, I see much more griefing of new players than I have seen of twink vs. twink battles. I believe the devs have logged in themselves to gauge the same thing. Thus, this change is on test now. I really doubt that such a change would be implemented, even to the test server, based solely on the requests of players on the forums. Especially, since only a small percentage of the population logs in to the forums and even less post.</p></span>

ladyvengeance
12-09-2007, 11:32 AM
<p>1. Ladyvengeance/Kima/Starbuch -- all on Venekor</p><p>2. 20 wizard/21 monk/20 Ranger</p><p>3. 2 are twinks. My ranger is 20 and not twinked but locked - I'm still learning how to play her and don't want to level her until I am comfortable. I do not have any high level alts to fund me. I did it myself (it's not that difficult)</p><p>4. Strongly against the change. Just because noobs are getting killed doesn't mean you should ruin it for everyone else. It's a pvp server for Christ sake. Personally I try not to grief noobs, but if they keep attacking me then I have no problem killing them. If this change occurs I (and many others) will definitely quit.</p>

ckl
12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
<cite>Snosael wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Maybe this will help everyone get a better idea of who has what views.</p><p> Please keeps posts very short.  Just the basic info:</p><p>1)  Toon Name / server</p><p>2)  Level / class</p><p>3)  Are you a twink, newbie (not some alt), a high lvl vet (who is your alt that this affects?), a dev? (I know we are all wanting to know what you guys think)</p><p>4)  For or against the forced exp.  And in 10 words or less, why? (Ex. Twinks scare new players away, Twinks should lvl and be fodder for endgame uber raiders, etc)</p></blockquote>1) Puissant and Unfathomable / Nagafen2) 17 / Swashbuckler, 40 / Dirge3) My swash is a twink, my dirge is mostly in treasured but at 42 will be full mastercrafted.4) Against the changes. There are better options to prevent griefing, while not dictating to most of us to level against our will.Left out my characters I use only for crafting. I've played on and off since 2004, so I know the game in and out, until 50 at least. My dirge has sold over 200 plat worth of items, mostly T2 legendary adornments and mastercrafted armor when all of that stuff was useful, and my swashbuckler has sold over 20 plat, mostly collection items picked up while exploring for AAs and PVPing.

Kujamo
12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Kujamo/Genocidel/Nonamee  20 Troub/20 Warlock/17 DefilerAll three are twinks..Against the exp for pvp kills...I pvp in t2 to stay away from evac...

Greenion
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>polls are not allowed here afaik.</blockquote><p><span style="color: #339900;">it isnt exactly a poll, as part of the criteria given is in essay format...</span></p><p><span style="color: #339900;">the OP is simply putting a parameter around a range of feedback subjectivity.</span></p>

Echgar
12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
As stated in the <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=176" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">forum rules</a>, polls/petitions are not permitted on the official forums so I am afraid I need to close this thread.The trouble with a poll on a game mechanic change is that the forums represent only a fraction of the playerbase and out of the players that do participate on the forums, only some will speak up in a thread like this.  If the Dev Team wants to conduct a poll, they will handle it.I understand some of you are very passionate about this particular change, but if you wish to discuss it, please do so in <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=397735" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">this existing thread</a>.