PDA

View Full Version : Brig better then Swash?

dc
12-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Brig better then swash in pvp?  Lets say solo and then in a group.  Also how about PVE solo and in group??  (didnt want to post another question for the PVE part in different forum)

TheSpin
12-08-2007, 11:23 AM
From a pve standpoint (and I assume this would apply to pvp as well)  brigands are better against a single target.  They have more stuns or roots and can keep a single mob locked up quite a bit longer than a swash.  I would also think the stun attached to their throw combat art would be preferable to what the swashies have for their throwing combat art for pvp.

dc
12-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmm ok another question =) Warden, Brig, Swash.  Which has greatest chance of being nerfed in the near future.  Being new im not caught up on which classes are screaming nerf bat.

Snowlywhite
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
brig > swash solo pve standpointswash >>> brig pvp standpoint(endgame)basically, top 2 I'd say it goes to q hands down endgame(ranger and swash)

Tatate
12-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Endgame, a good swash will rip a Brigand a new one in a fight. Like the above poster said, Qs have the top 2 PvP classes, Swash and Ranger (Ranger is still in top 2 no matter what ANYONE says)

Roald
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
<p>Earlier levels brig is better, endgame swashie all the way.</p>

TheSpin
12-08-2007, 03:27 PM
<p>What does a swash get at end game that makes them better in pvp than brigs?  I'm a pve player so I probably don't have much right to ask the question but I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind knowing.</p><p>I know that for pve a brig can out solo a swash against a single target any day, though a swash does a lot better against groups.</p>

Tae
12-08-2007, 05:41 PM
<cite>TheSpin wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>What does a swash get at end game that makes them better in pvp than brigs?  I'm a pve player so I probably don't have much right to ask the question but I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind knowing.</p></blockquote>Reach. Also their AoE is a knockback and their stealth attack is a knockback. My AoE is an interrupt (and hasn't got a 20 meter range) and my stealth attack is a str debuff. Which is worthless.

Tatate
12-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Also Inspiration + En Guarde

Urgol
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Just brigs got nerfed a bit more. And with proper use of alchemy they cannot use their positional attacks (swashies too, ofc, if they really try to kite unless they've got a good move in with stealth and knockback) and in a face-to-face combat swashie is way better even without their buffs