PDA

View Full Version : Question about Guild Experience

skerry
10-19-2007, 07:33 PM
<p>Hey all,</p><p>I am trying to find out information regarding how the guild exp system works now.  I remember back in the day there were followers/patrons etc etc (I have been playing a long long time and took a bit off and returned) but I see it is different - no patrons/followers etc.   Never really worried about it, but am now curious.</p><p>How does the player contributed guild exp work?  Specifically if Player X gets a bunch of xp for the guild, and then leaves  -  does the guild lose that xp?  does it transfer to a new guild if the player moves?  if it DOES go away does it return if the player returns?</p><p>Thanks for any info anyone can give-it's appreciated.</p><p>~Skerry~</p>

Kiyalin
10-19-2007, 07:40 PM
<cite>skerry wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Hey all,</p><p>I am trying to find out information regarding how the guild exp system works now.  I remember back in the day there were followers/patrons etc etc (I have been playing a long long time and took a bit off and returned) but I see it is different - no patrons/followers etc.   Never really worried about it, but am now curious.</p><p>How does the player contributed guild exp work?  Specifically if Player X gets a bunch of xp for the guild, and then leaves  -  does the guild lose that xp?  does it transfer to a new guild if the player moves?  if it DOES go away does it return if the player returns?</p><p>Thanks for any info anyone can give-it's appreciated.</p><p>~Skerry~</p></blockquote>Nope, guild xp does not go away when a player leaves.  Huzzah!  Grind writs, turn in the experience award items, it all stays.

Lanalia
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
<p>Short answer: When a player is guilded and receives personal status, 10% of that number goes to guild status, regardless of number of players in the guild. It's a set 10% number no matter what.</p><p>When a player leaves the guild, the status stays with the guild. The player keeps his/her personal status, but if they join a new guild, their status within that guild is a big fat zero.</p><p>Extended answer: After they removed the Patron system, they made it so that guild status was divided into how many unique accounts your guild had, with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 24.  For instance, if your guild had 20 accounts, and a player completed a Heritage Quest for 40k status, the guild would receive 2k status. But if your guild had 3 accounts, it would still divide the number by 6 - and if your guild had 30, it would divide the number by 24. They decided this wasn't such a great way to do things, so they changed it to an even 10% across the board, whether your guild has 2 accounts or 85.</p><p>edit: silly typo</p>

skerry
10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
<p>Excellent!  Thank you very much for the info!</p><p>~Skerry~</p>

Beniwort
10-20-2007, 02:48 AM
<p>Noob guild qtn...</p><p> How is it determined what 'rank' you have in a guild...right now I'm a novice, but I notice there are several levels of membership.  Is this controlled soley by the Guild Officials or is it uniform somehow across all guilds?</p><p> Mark</p>

erin
10-20-2007, 09:13 AM
<cite>Beniwort wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Noob guild qtn...</p><p> How is it determined what 'rank' you have in a guild...right now I'm a novice, but I notice there are several levels of membership.  Is this controlled soley by the Guild Officials or is it uniform somehow across all guilds?</p><p> Mark</p></blockquote>Completely controlled by your guild leadership.