PDA

View Full Version : Zerk/Inquis two box, looking to add another

Xaviou
10-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Any suggestions to add a class to a Zerk/Inquis two box? I'm thinking Dirge or maybe Warlock, but I'm not tied to them for any specific reasons.

Heimdall00
10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I would pick Dirge if you give you inquisitor a nice 2-hander and go dps route. Dirge would help both characters then, as well as add some awesome buffs. Best thing, you do not really have to pay attention to dirge at all to feel his presence. Also added run speed and evac would help a ton in general gameplay. 

Sartredes
10-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't recall if Dirge CA's are positional in nature. If they are, that may be more difficult to accommodate.  If the positional nature of CA's is not a problem, maybe a swashbuckler or brigand would be helpful with their group invis, medium amount of utility, and good DPS.  If a caster suits you, I would say anything but an illusionist or coercer as the concentration they take may be really tough to box. My first thoughts on the mage side were necro, wizard, or warlock.  Necro essentially bringing a fourth party member with them, but the wizard or warlock being able to pound out the big damage.

erin
10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
<cite></cite>I'd go wizard, warlock or necro for the DPS.  Any scout requires too much maneuvering when you are boxing, caster is far easier.

Lodrelhai
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Nah, dirge requires very little positioning.  Only a couple of attacks require a rear position, and the buffs/debuffs can make a huge difference on heroic content with very little attention given.Just watch their power consumption - the encounter-wide debuffs all cost mana per tick rather than a straight up-front cost.  On the other hand, we have achievements to counter that, and an in-combat power regen buff that does not need to be recast.And Bardspeed FTW!

TomRidd
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I'd recommend trying out a swashie or a brigand (swashie to compliment Zerker AoE.) See if you can get use to the positioning. Once you get the hang of it, its really not hard at all. Having group invis and track is pretty handy. You will also pick up some nice debuffs along with the obvious DPS. I 3 box a bruiser, brigand, defiler and find it pretty easy to keep all characters active. Positioning rogue for rear attacks is easy using simple auto follow / pull techniques. Personally I like boxing multiple melee. I think it keeps me more engaged with what is happening.Second to rogues, I'd recommend Warlock. I've trio'd a Zerker, Warlock, Inquis and It's pretty sweet. Granted I only lvled them to 30, but I don't see why it wouldn't just get better and better with levels / aa. I had no trouble holding agro off Warlock. If he did get agro it was because I was just being stupid or messing around. The Warlock is super easy to box because there is no positioning and their cast times are quite long. Their AoE goes perfect with the Zerker. Picking up the Warlock will also give you ports. Something to consider.My only concern with dirge is they wouldn't add enough DPS. You'd also be down the early group invis that the two rogues get. Dirges can get one i believe, but it is through AA.I'm sure a dirge would work out fine. Like an earlier poster mentioned, if you go melee AA with the inquis, the dirge would probably be even more beneficial.