PDA

View Full Version : Visable group members only while raiding and Cure macro commands.

-Aonein-
10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
<p> I would love for someone to be able to tell me if there is a way to set visable group names while raiding, my conclusion here is that the system reconzies the actual raid as a group and therefore turning off members outside the group doesn't work and turning off group members names disbaled everyones name in the entire raid. What I would like is to just see my group members name within the raid, if possible.</p><p> Ok, basically I have searched the forums after coming to the conclusion ingame that the macro system doesn't allow queuing of anymore then 2 spells at a time, so here is My question, when I set up a macro too look like this, also for clarification here I am refering to the new macro system where you just add spell/ability and it has a automatic target bar in the skill itself:</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Taemek</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Joe</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Jackie</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Bg</p><p>etc etc until you do 6 members worth.</p><p> Now as I understand, you can only queue 2 spells at once, which I understand, now my question is, you aren't queuing the first spell, its casting already therefore not queued but being used, so why cant we at least cure 3 people seeing the next skill should be queued and then by the time the first has finished being cast, the 3rd should then be queued. The 1 second it takes to cast should be enough to allow the next to queue up, but it doesn't. From what I am seeing its counting the very first intial spell you cast in a macro like this classed as being queued, when it isn't queued at all it is being used, perfect example, click your Call button or anything with a longer the 10 second duration for enough time for you too allow you to bring up the description to show you if its being classed as queued, then line up another skill while waiting. The one that is being cast wont have a queue title, but the one that is waiting for the cast timer to finish is being queued, therefore there is no reason that we cant at least be able to cure 3 people instead of 2 per macro.</p><p> Unless there is another way, I would love to hear it please.</p>

doctorbow
10-17-2007, 10:38 AM
<cite>-Aonein- wrote:</cite><blockquote><p> I would love for someone to be able to tell me if there is a way to set visable group names while raiding, my conclusion here is that the system reconzies the actual raid as a group and therefore turning off members outside the group doesn't work and turning off group members names disbaled everyones name in the entire raid. What I would like is to just see my group members name within the raid, if possible.</p><p> Ok, basically I have searched the forums after coming to the conclusion ingame that the macro system doesn't allow queuing of anymore then 2 spells at a time, so here is My question, when I set up a macro too look like this, also for clarification here I am refering to the new macro system where you just add spell/ability and it has a automatic target bar in the skill itself:</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Taemek</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Joe</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Jackie</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Bg</p><p>etc etc until you do 6 members worth.</p><p> Now as I understand, you can only queue 2 spells at once, which I understand, now my question is, you aren't queuing the first spell, its casting already therefore not queued but being used, so why cant we at least cure 3 people seeing the next skill should be queued and then by the time the first has finished being cast, the 3rd should then be queued. The 1 second it takes to cast should be enough to allow the next to queue up, but it doesn't. From what I am seeing its counting the very first intial spell you cast in a macro like this classed as being queued, when it isn't queued at all it is being used, perfect example, click your Call button or anything with a longer the 10 second duration for enough time for you too allow you to bring up the description to show you if its being classed as queued, then line up another skill while waiting. The one that is being cast wont have a queue title, but the one that is waiting for the cast timer to finish is being queued, therefore there is no reason that we cant at least be able to cure 3 people instead of 2 per macro.</p><p> Unless there is another way, I would love to hear it please.</p></blockquote>As for setting only visible group-members out of raid-members: Not possible, maybe a good /feedback if this is something that has enough merit to be implemented.  Personally I don't care either way.Also, you misunderstand how queueing works.  You cannot queue 2 spells.  You can only queue a single spell while another is being cast (or you're stunned, etc).  Effectively, any given macro can only cast 2 spells max (rare exceptions being insta-cast used as beginning of macro, such as HO starters).  Other than that, there is absolutely no exception to the "single" queued rule for spells/CA; in itself, THAT is the reason you cannot single-click cure 3 people instead of 2.  I don't follow your logic on the 'call' example you give above.  If you click 'call' then click next spell while call is casting, then YES, that next spell becomes queued.  That's still only 2 spells (Call +1): were you to click a 2nd spell at this point (WHILE call is still casting), #1 would no longer be queued at all, and #2 would be queued.  Still, only 2 spells.  You can verify that yourself.There are custom UI's that DO make curing easier, however, and perhaps I recommend checking those out and seeing if any are a good fit.

-Aonein-
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>-Aonein- wrote:</cite><blockquote><p> I would love for someone to be able to tell me if there is a way to set visable group names while raiding, my conclusion here is that the system reconzies the actual raid as a group and therefore turning off members outside the group doesn't work and turning off group members names disbaled everyones name in the entire raid. What I would like is to just see my group members name within the raid, if possible.</p><p> Ok, basically I have searched the forums after coming to the conclusion ingame that the macro system doesn't allow queuing of anymore then 2 spells at a time, so here is My question, when I set up a macro too look like this, also for clarification here I am refering to the new macro system where you just add spell/ability and it has a automatic target bar in the skill itself:</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Taemek</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Joe</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Jackie</p><p>Cure Truama - Target Bg</p><p>etc etc until you do 6 members worth.</p><p> Now as I understand, you can only queue 2 spells at once, which I understand, now my question is, you aren't queuing the first spell, its casting already therefore not queued but being used, so why cant we at least cure 3 people seeing the next skill should be queued and then by the time the first has finished being cast, the 3rd should then be queued. The 1 second it takes to cast should be enough to allow the next to queue up, but it doesn't. From what I am seeing its counting the very first intial spell you cast in a macro like this classed as being queued, when it isn't queued at all it is being used, perfect example, click your Call button or anything with a longer the 10 second duration for enough time for you too allow you to bring up the description to show you if its being classed as queued, then line up another skill while waiting. The one that is being cast wont have a queue title, but the one that is waiting for the cast timer to finish is being queued, therefore there is no reason that we cant at least be able to cure 3 people instead of 2 per macro.</p><p> Unless there is another way, I would love to hear it please.</p></blockquote>As for setting only visible group-members out of raid-members: Not possible, maybe a good /feedback if this is something that has enough merit to be implemented.  Personally I don't care either way.Also, you misunderstand how queueing works.  You cannot queue 2 spells.  You can only queue a single spell while another is being cast (or you're stunned, etc).  Effectively, any given macro can only cast 2 spells max (rare exceptions being insta-cast used as beginning of macro, such as HO starters).  Other than that, there is absolutely no exception to the "single" queued rule for spells/CA; in itself, THAT is the reason you cannot single-click cure 3 people instead of 2.  I don't follow your logic on the 'call' example you give above.  If you click 'call' then click next spell while call is casting, then YES, that next spell becomes queued.  That's still only 2 spells (Call +1): were you to click a 2nd spell at this point (WHILE call is still casting), #1 would no longer be queued at all, and #2 would be queued.  Still, only 2 spells.  You can verify that yourself.There are custom UI's that DO make curing easier, however, and perhaps I recommend checking those out and seeing if any are a good fit.</blockquote><p> The reason for setting the group members only visable so its easier and faster to see where people are when curing, im refering to people who are generally out of range of a cure and you have to ethier make your way to them or they need to find their healer and make there way to you, you can just simply see them easier.</p><p> I didn't misunderstand it, your misreading the point I'm trying to make. We aren't talking about single click curing anyone, its not like your casting 3 cures all at a single time, you still have to be standing still to cast all 3 instances of the cures themselves, all this is doing is cutting down on the clicking through group members, its time effcient, accurate and quick when you start to weigh other outside varibles like latency, button lag due to low FPS etc etc.</p><p> My example is that when you are casting a spell it's not classed as queued, it is simply being used, any spell or CA ability that is in its casting process is not queued, it is being used, goto your game interface settings and set your cursor description settings to constant so the moment you cursor over a icon it instantly gives you a description of the ability which shows the queued title in it, during the cast process of a spell, there is no queued action, only the spell following is queued, therefore it is only 1. </p><p> Now, let's take away all that and look at Cures themselves. Instant refresh timers, 1 second cast timer and a 0.3 second recovery timer (this is your global cool down). Now, you cast your macro, it begins off with the first ability and it takes 1 second to cast, macro queues the second, by the time the second is cast the recovery or global cool down is finished therefore should be letting you to queue another Cure seeing the cast timer is 1 second, recovery is 0.3 seconds and refresh of the skill itself is instant which only defining factor stopping you from spamming it is your global cool down or recovery, see where I am going here. Even if you can reduce your recovery time or global cool down to 0, which is possible for short durations at a time thanks to certain classes short duration AA buffs, you still cant even macro anymore then 2 spells in at a time which indicates to me they do this by design, not because of the queuing.</p><p> Seeing as normally, you can do this without macros by just clicking the next and next and next etc etc providing you can some how just have a way to automatically target each group member, which I might add is possible if you want 6 cures of each type all targeting different members of a group OR which leads me into your response about UI's which is exactally what Prophet UI does except consolidates it all up near each group members name so all you have do is click down the line as fast as you can I might add and it queues it for each individual person in the group, Now, why can you do this with Prophet but not the default UI, why should we have to download custom UI's to the exact same job you should be able to do with the default?</p><p> Is there a way to download just the script for the Cure xml code and upload it onto your default skin or do you have to download the entire Prophet UI to gain that benfit out of it?</p>

Ealthina
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
ProfitUI quickclick buttons FTW!

-Aonein-
10-18-2007, 06:38 AM
 Found a really nice simple default group window cure clicky UI peice that I added on and it works perfect. Anything else is just fluff.