PDA

View Full Version : character transfer service

mazzy
10-12-2007, 10:35 AM
does anyone know if soe is having issues with this service? i have sat at my comp for 35  min  , trying to rename a character of mine to move..all i am doing is moving to a new server, tells me i have to rename myself, apprently 1 i have is taken on the server i want to go to.. but cmon- 35 min of typing name after name after name and all taken? even going to create a new character and using lame bot generated names are not being taken..i am thinking there is somthing wrong with the service.if there is, a post would be nice to  let people know its not workingthanks

Katsi
10-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I had that issue too, however the name I wanted actually turned out to be filtered out.  Anyway, here is what I did...I went to the EQ2Players website and did a search for characters with the name that I wanted.When I found a name that was not taken, (and I thought was acceptable), I tried the transfer service.While this might solve your issue, I still had problems at that point though.I then went to create a new character, and tried using the new name, and discovered that there is a problem with the name of Morgan.  Turns out it was the -organ- part the system didn't like.I sent a petition in explaining that I was trying to get the name of Morgan, which was not taken, and how, to my knowledge, it is an acceptable name, citing real life uses of it, but that the filter was catching the word organ and not letting me use it.I received an in game response stating that they had approved the name, and I should attempt to make the transfer.I immediately did so, and got my transfer and new name.I hope my experience helps!- Katsi