PDA

View Full Version : Rep is pointless

Kermithy
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Does it actually do anything for you in the major cities (outside of Ro?)If I betray to freeport from qeynos, is my experience after betrayal going to be any different than starting in freeport?

Starman
10-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Unless something has changed, you won't be able to get back into Qeynos ever again without being stealthy.<div></div>

Thormiel
10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
<cite>Kitonaks wrote:</cite><blockquote>Does it actually do anything for you in the major cities (outside of Ro?)If I betray to freeport from qeynos, is my experience after betrayal going to be any different than starting in freeport?</blockquote>You mean besides having your character's class changed?

Kermithy
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I mean do I get rewards for having a high rep with a faction? 

Illmarr
10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
<p>"Pointless" is all in the eye of the beholder</p><p>There are unique items you can purchase when your <i>faction</i> is high enough with each of the four Guilds (Fighter, Scout, Priest, Mage) in either Freeport or Qeynos. These are "status" items though, they are not designed to be gear or to be useful in adventuring but some folks think they are cool to have for their homes.</p><p><b>Edit: Every +10k faction you also earn a new prefix title to wear</b></p><p>There are items that are available in either city based on your Guild's status, such as dress armors and at higher levels food, potions and charms</p>

Kermithy
10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Fantastic, thank you for making the benefits of high rep clear.  I appreciate it.

Looker1010
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM
<cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>"Pointless" is all in the eye of the beholder</p><p>There are unique items you can purchase when your <i>faction</i> is high enough with each of the four Guilds (Fighter, Scout, Priest, Mage) in either Freeport or Qeynos. These are "status" items though, they are not designed to be gear or to be useful in adventuring but some folks think they are cool to have for their homes.</p><p><b>Edit: Every +10k faction you also earn a new prefix title to wear</b></p><p>There are items that are available in either city based on your Guild's status, such as dress armors and at higher levels food, potions and charms</p></blockquote>Umm, every 10k faction you can BUY a title. Prices start at 15g and go to over 3p. I never understood why, after doing all that service for a faction, they did not just give you the title(s) you had worked so hard for them to earn.

Mychel
10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
wait... My SK has 35K status and can't buy any titles, is it because he's Guildless? 

Bamfa_dexter
10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Sadly this is a facet of the game never developed to its full potential.

Kermithy
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually, I'm glad it was never built up.  Griding rep is one the most miserable and time consuming tasks in an MMO.  I like it very much as it is, a non-required option.

Kamimura
10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
<cite>Xandare wrote:</cite><blockquote>wait... My SK has 35K status and can't buy any titles, is it because he's Guildless? </blockquote>With one of the main factions within the city? Like the Dismal Rage, or Freeport Militia for example?

Looker1010
10-04-2007, 07:46 PM
<cite>Xandare wrote:</cite><blockquote>wait... My SK has 35K status and can't buy any titles, is it because he's Guildless? </blockquote>Sounds like you're talking about your personal status points. Titles come from the faction you gain. In the persona window, go to the faction tab and see if you have at least 10k with one of the Freeport factions - Dismal Rage, Coalition of Tradefolk, Freeport Militia, etc.

Lornick
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Desert of Flames faction mattered quite a bit too.  Not just in Maj'dul but in Pillars of Flame as well.  Also bloodline chronicles did this as well.  Doing the questlines would gain faction that would unlock purchase options at the merchants at the camps.  But the bulk of the game it just dictates who is KoS (kill on sight) with you.  I'd like for faction to matter a little more but for it to not be a "grind" type thing.  Really, I think that is one of the things bloodlines actually did right.

Illmarr
10-05-2007, 12:49 PM
<cite>Looker1010 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>"Pointless" is all in the eye of the beholder</p><p>There are unique items you can purchase when your <i>faction</i> is high enough with each of the four Guilds (Fighter, Scout, Priest, Mage) in either Freeport or Qeynos. These are "status" items though, they are not designed to be gear or to be useful in adventuring but some folks think they are cool to have for their homes.</p><p><b>Edit: Every +10k faction you also earn a new prefix title to wear</b></p><p>There are items that are available in either city based on your Guild's status, such as dress armors and at higher levels food, potions and charms</p></blockquote>Umm, every 10k faction you can BUY a title. Prices start at 15g and go to over 3p. I never understood why, after doing all that service for a faction, they did not just give you the title(s) you had worked so hard for them to earn.</blockquote>Ok every 10k you earn the right to buy a new title. And I dunno why you have to buy them either, just that I plan on doing it again in another eight writs for the Qeynos Guard