PDA

View Full Version : RoK and pre-emptive guild leveling plans.

XenoSage
10-02-2007, 07:19 PM
<p>With the new RoK expansion coming out how will gray quests work with gaining guild xp from 60-70?</p><p>Gaining XP for the guild from quests such as HQ's is that going to be determined by Quest LVL vs Guild LVL or Character LVL?</p><p>If the quest is 50 and the guild is 60 and I complete the quest as a level 70, will the quest be green to the guild and the guild still gets XP, or will the quest be based off my level and if I mentor down to 50 and make it green will that then make an effect on the guild XP?</p>

Killerbee3000
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
hq's dont give a cheesecake about your guild lvl.. but, the status gets less the higher in lvl you are (there is a cap for each hq how high and low the amount of status points will be), writs are tiered.. (well almost, they come in 5 lvl tiers), again, only your lvl matters for how much status you get.... guild gets 10% of the amount stated, 100% for you. the status items, well, if you examine them, they tell you how high a guild can be to get status points that count for the guild, if the the guild is high in lvl the status items will only give personal status.as for best way to lvling a guild to 80? do raids that give status points over and over again...

Valdaglerion
10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
<p>Actually, given the recent changes to the status loot, I think this is a valid question. Loot has been changed to offer no Guild Status if the loot is below the guild level, only personal status.</p><p>With this change, could there be a change on the horizon to do the same with writs and HQ's.</p><p>The same logic could be applied - if you have a lower level toon doing level 30 writs or level 30-40 HQ's but you are a level 60 guild will the toon only get personal status or will 10% of the status gained be contributed to the guild.</p><p>Excellent question. It would seem if the devs are going to apply this logic to status loot they way intend to apply it to HQ's and writs as well.</p>

Jrral
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
As far as I can see, HQs won't change: they'll provide personal and guild status regardless of the level of the guild and regardless of whether the quest's grey to the character. XP and AA will continue to follow the normal rules for quest XP and AA too. Remember that the status loot changes were in response to a specific issue, guilds hoarding those items, that doesn't exist for quests. Given that, I'd say we don't need to worry about changes to guild status for HQs unless and until it shows up on test or a dev says something about it coming.

Hellswrath
10-03-2007, 03:53 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote>As far as I can see, HQs won't change: they'll provide personal and guild status regardless of the level of the guild and regardless of whether the quest's grey to the character. XP and AA will continue to follow the normal rules for quest XP and AA too. Remember that the status loot changes were in response to a specific issue, guilds hoarding those items, that doesn't exist for quests. Given that, I'd say we don't need to worry about changes to guild status for HQs unless and until it shows up on test or a dev says something about it coming.</blockquote>Exactly.  This is a great deal of unnecessary worry.