PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Exile Questions (non-PvP)

Ratkhan
08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
<p>I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -</p><p>Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?</p><p>Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not?  </p><p>What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.</p><p>Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?</p><p>When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?</p><p>Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?</p><p>Thanks</p>

bensilvi
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
<cite>Ratkhan wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -</p><p>Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?</p><p>Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not?  </p><p>What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.</p><p>Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?</p><p>When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?</p><p>Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?</p><p>Thanks</p></blockquote>While its nice for RP purposes to do that there is no way you should do it unless if it were for pvp. All the services you get are in haven only. You will have some major transportation issues getting around. As soon as you betry you loose the ability to do anything with any of the guild within a city. Yes you will be KOS in Kel and Neriak. There really is no reason at all to go perma exile just for RP. You can live in Majdul no poblems once you do the quest and still ahve a call to FP/Q and one to Majdul.

Ratkhan
08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
<p>Are there some transportation issues I'm unaware of?  I was thinking Haven->Nek-N'Marr grif->docks.  That does not seem major to me.</p><p>As for all services, does that mean that mendors and vendors overland (outside the cities) will no longer work for me?  Does Haven have aa/trait respec options?</p><p>Just need more clarification please.  I'm hoping to find an exile guide (not a betrayal quest guide) if one is available.</p><p>Thanks.</p>

bensilvi
08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
<cite>Ratkhan wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Are there some transportation issues I'm unaware of?  I was thinking Haven->Nek-N'Marr grif->docks.  That does not seem major to me.</p><p>As for all services, does that mean that mendors and vendors overland (outside the cities) will no longer work for me?  Does Haven have aa/trait respec options?</p><p>Just need more clarification please.  I'm hoping to find an exile guide (not a betrayal quest guide) if one is available.</p><p>Thanks.</p></blockquote> There is no carpet to DOF, hence Majdul you would have to sneak into the cities. I have betrayed several times and in the end there is no benefit at all to being perma exile unless u pvp.

Uilamin
08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
<cite>Ratkhan wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm thinking of going into permanent exile and moving to Maj'Dul for RP reasons.  I've tried doing searches, but still have some questions -</p><p>Where will I be able to get AA/trait respec, if anywhere?</p><p>Will I lose all my class guild faction (example - Seafury Buccaneers) and will I be able to use the class merchant and turn in status relics there if not?  </p><p>What's the deal on tradeskill writs and faction for exiles?  I hear Maj'dul has no crafting area or crafting faction.  That's disappointing if true.</p><p>Are there any major high level questlines I'll be unable to complete?</p><p>When I get the Call of Ro or Maj'dul, will it replace Call of Haven or can I use both?</p><p>Will I be KoS in Kelethin and/or Neriak?  If not, are there any services I'll be unable to use in those cities?</p><p>Thanks</p></blockquote>1. You have to build up a city faction and do respecs there 2. I don't think so.  If you have faction you can still get writs, and sell.  If not you can sell relics in Maj 3. There are tradeskill work and rush order npcs in haven and a trade skill area. 4. You will not be able to complete Claymore 5. You can have both calls 6.  You will be kos unless you guild faction.

Harbringer Doom
08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
[email protected] Bazaar wrote: <blockquote><p>Ratkhan wrote: There is no carpet to DOF, hence Majdul you would have to sneak into the cities.</p></blockquote><p>This is wrong (at least on the PvP servers).</p><p> On Venekor there is a carpet from the BB dock to SS. </p>