PDA

View Full Version : Great Idea :) to increase our DPS in that role


Wytie
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
I love my SK and i love to play the battle mage role. I think its as close to multi classing you can get but thats my opinion. Basicly i think it would be cool as hell if we had a buff that we could toggle that would allow us SK's to sacrifices our plate armor and swap out for cloth, and if we done so all damage spells would double in damage and power cost. This would help increase our dps in dps roles if we chose to do so, this buff would require cloth and be pretty neat. Sure it could use some more balancing but hey SOE can figure it out <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> just an idea whatcha think?

Jedi_Knight_Jr
07-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Play a necro

Wildmage
07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
<cite>Wytie wrote:</cite><blockquote>I love my SK and i love to play the battle mage role. I think its as close to multi classing you can get but thats my opinion. Basicly i think it would be cool as hell if we had a buff that we could toggle that would allow us SK's to sacrifices our plate armor and swap out for cloth, and if we done so all damage spells would double in damage and power cost. This would help increase our dps in dps roles if we chose to do so, this buff would require cloth and be pretty neat. Sure it could use some more balancing but hey SOE can figure it out <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> just an idea whatcha think? </blockquote> Its called offensive stance.  We already have it feel free to wear some cloth robes while your in it.

Wytie
07-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Hmmm great answers <img src="/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Keep up the good work <img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> lol im guessing you no like...   I would hate for your answer to be complicated or anything.

holypaladin28
07-15-2007, 02:04 AM
sk's already suck at the power game i would never willingly use up double power for dps in raids that ast awhile you would be oop half way though fight

Coica
07-15-2007, 02:35 AM
yeah, echo what they said.  I am by no means a really good equipped SK, but mastered out and offensive stance ,1H I do very good in DPS role.  I really dont think we need anything in that exact area to be changed.

Dead Knight
07-15-2007, 10:06 AM
When I'm DPSing, in the Mage group with my Troub + Illu, I'm already parsing 1.5-2k, without swapping out for some cloth which adds minimal benefits to DPS anyway. As an SK, i can make 4th ZW, unless it's Lyceum then i'm right up there with the Warlocks. So, no there is no need for any DPS revamp of any sort unless it's for tanking, our DPS while tanking needs to be looked at. Warriors with their dinner plate spec sit there parsing 1k+ tanking, I sit at 6-700.

MaCloud1032
07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
<p>Iam not so sure we need all that much in the way of a DPS revamp.  Granted i would love to pars higher, but as long as i make it in the mage group I parse just fine.  Our DPS comes for how you line up your spells.  For our tanking DPS friday our MT was out so I got to tank Freethinkers and parsed 1400 zone wide.  up untill Shreader i was in off stance i know that made a big diff.  After swapping stances i saw a 300-400 drop in DPS. </p><p>Seeing as i play on a PvP server what does a Ill buff that you hit 1.5-2 i must know<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Dead Knight
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>Iam not so sure we need all that much in the way of a DPS revamp.  Granted i would love to pars higher, but as long as i make it in the mage group I parse just fine.  Our DPS comes for how you line up your spells.  For our tanking DPS friday our MT was out so I got to tank Freethinkers and parsed 1400 zone wide.  up untill Shreader i was in off stance i know that made a big diff.  After swapping stances i saw a 300-400 drop in DPS. </p><p>Seeing as i play on a PvP server what does a Ill buff that you hit 1.5-2 i must know<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote> Rapidity, Illusionist Arm, Time Compression, Power Regen.

Controlor
07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Dead Knight wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>Iam not so sure we need all that much in the way of a DPS revamp.  Granted i would love to pars higher, but as long as i make it in the mage group I parse just fine.  Our DPS comes for how you line up your spells.  For our tanking DPS friday our MT was out so I got to tank Freethinkers and parsed 1400 zone wide.  up untill Shreader i was in off stance i know that made a big diff.  After swapping stances i saw a 300-400 drop in DPS. </p><p>Seeing as i play on a PvP server what does a Ill buff that you hit 1.5-2 i must know<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote> Rapidity, Illusionist Arm, Time Compression, Power Regen. </blockquote>Slightly more than Dark said... Rapidity = 68% haste Illusary Arms = 25% double attack (range and melee) Time Compression = 50% faster recovery 10% faster recast 25% faster casting Pr regen = 51 or 52 depending M1/M2 Momentary Sentiment = Temp buff (45 seconds, more if put more eof points into it) 162 int and 60 to all casting skills (dis, subj, mini, ord) Savante = 50% less pr for 45 seconds Synergism = spell that has a 48% chance to proc extra 300-500 dmg when a hostile spell is used. (52% temp in group with their increase proc) All of these can be put on a sk if an illy is in group. But generally most arnt put on the SK if in a mage group.

MaCloud1032
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
My GOD thats a wet dream waiting to happen!

Controlor
07-16-2007, 05:54 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>My GOD thats a wet dream waiting to happen!</blockquote>Unfortunatly you have to battle peeps for the buffs. 5 conc slots to mix and match synergism / rapidity. IA can only be put on 1 person. TC can only be put on 1 person. The pr regen, Momentary Sentiment, Savante are all group buffs. Generally TC goes on a sorc, IA on a ranger/assassin, and Synergism on illy + some other casters, haste on scouts. But if you get into a caster group you may get haste on yourself and IA put on you. If you get a caster group make up. Fury, Illy, SK, Troub, 2 nukers. The buffs would go like this. Synergism on Illy, 2 nukers, and either SK or Fury (depending). IA on SK. TC on nuker. If yah in a scout group with an illy tho you wont see IA nor synergism but may get some haste.

Dead Knight
07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
<cite>Controlor wrote:</cite><blockquote>Dead Knight wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>Iam not so sure we need all that much in the way of a DPS revamp.  Granted i would love to pars higher, but as long as i make it in the mage group I parse just fine.  Our DPS comes for how you line up your spells.  For our tanking DPS friday our MT was out so I got to tank Freethinkers and parsed 1400 zone wide.  up untill Shreader i was in off stance i know that made a big diff.  After swapping stances i saw a 300-400 drop in DPS. </p><p>Seeing as i play on a PvP server what does a Ill buff that you hit 1.5-2 i must know<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote> Rapidity, Illusionist Arm, Time Compression, Power Regen. </blockquote>Slightly more than Dark said... Rapidity = 68% haste Illusary Arms = 25% double attack (range and melee) Time Compression = 50% faster recovery 10% faster recast 25% faster casting Pr regen = 51 or 52 depending M1/M2 Momentary Sentiment = Temp buff (45 seconds, more if put more eof points into it) 162 int and 60 to all casting skills (dis, subj, mini, ord) Savante = 50% less pr for 45 seconds Synergism = spell that has a 48% chance to proc extra 300-500 dmg when a hostile spell is used. (52% temp in group with their increase proc) All of these can be put on a sk if an illy is in group. But generally most arnt put on the SK if in a mage group. </blockquote>A templar has no place in a Mage group, normally it's a Fury with their INT buffs and Ferine Vim. Synergism IIRC can't be casted on fighters. Oh and, prove to your guild that you can DPS like a mage, and you'll get buffs like a mage. Simple as.

Coica
07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
not to derail, but all your signatures are dark and evil, maybe I should change mine? <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Controlor
07-17-2007, 03:01 AM
Dead Knight wrote: <blockquote>A templar has no place in a Mage group, normally it's a Fury with their INT buffs and Ferine Vim. Synergism IIRC can't be casted on fighters. Oh and, prove to your guild that you can DPS like a mage, and you'll get buffs like a mage. Simple as. </blockquote>I never claimed a templar would be in mage group. I was mearly saying that if there was a templar would go to 52% stead of 48%. OOH and about it not working for a fighter.... Thats compleat BS. The DMG part of the spell WORKS on fighters. The Deagro part DOES NOT. So yah that is why i mentioned the dmg part ONLY. My main is an illy and i have tested synergism on both scouts and tanks to see what abilities will proc it. All taunts seem to proc it and for pally / sk their spells will also proc it. Also poisons for scouts proc it, and some of their debuffs.

mirage06
07-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Dead Knight wrote: <blockquote>A templar has no place in a Mage group, normally it's a Fury with their INT buffs and Ferine Vim. </blockquote>As a conjurer (and troub too) I'd take a templar with blessings over a fury any day. Simple fact that blessings > vim and the fury groupbuff for wis/int <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

MaCloud1032
07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
My group for raids is ushaly Me, a troub, fury, warlock, wizzy, and necro.  With this make up the warlock and necro are at 1200-1500 trading off depending on mob sets.  Troub is 600-900.  Wizzy is 1000-1300. Iam at 1000-1300 depending on mob sets. With fury pulling 4th on heal pars due to necro and me.  Our one and only cor what we ushaly have is in the MT group.

Dead Knight
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>My group for raids is ushaly Me, a troub, fury, warlock, wizzy, and necro.  With this make up the warlock and necro are at 1200-1500 trading off depending on mob sets.  Troub is 600-900.  Wizzy is 1000-1300. Iam at 1000-1300 depending on mob sets. With fury pulling 4th on heal pars due to necro and me.  Our one and only cor what we ushaly have is in the MT group.</blockquote> What's your average outgoing? Are they going slow for the MT or something? Because those are pretty low numbers.

Dead Knight
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
<cite>mirage06 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Dead Knight wrote: <blockquote>A templar has no place in a Mage group, normally it's a Fury with their INT buffs and Ferine Vim. </blockquote>As a conjurer (and troub too) I'd take a templar with blessings over a fury any day. Simple fact that blessings > vim and the fury groupbuff for wis/int <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </blockquote>Yes of course, but when Mages take damage, they spike hard because they're in cloth.. a Fury can power heal alot better than a Templar can until the MT gets aggro back because of faster cast times, AE heals etc. Besides, clerics are scarce and when they are around, the MT would make more use of their huge HP buffs.

MaCloud1032
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Raid wide dps is ushaly 17k-18k with spikes of 20-23 but being that we are a PvP server we only have 2/3 of classes and debuffs.

Dead Knight
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Raid wide dps is ushaly 17k-18k with spikes of 20-23 but being that we are a PvP server we only have 2/3 of classes and debuffs.</blockquote> Ah, the PvP server would explain it.

Shiverr
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>not to derail, but all your signatures are dark and evil, maybe I should change mine? <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </blockquote><p> Please Don't.  You've got a creative and catchy sig.  /thumbsup</p>