PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to PvP - Narative for all the Complainers.


Solitude
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
<p>I wanted to start off by saying I decided to try to create a character on Nagafen in FP the faction where I didn't have any money to twink a toon.  I already have a 70 on Venekor, so I understand the mechanics of the game.  People complain how hard it is to create a new character without any money but it's extremely easy.</p><p>With knowledge of the game here was the way I was able to survive, I did quests until I was level 9.  Then I harvested for 5-6 hours to get all my adept III spells up to level 9 and some yarrows to make my cloth wearers gear.  Being under level 9 it was easy to harvest since nobody can attack you.  I simply put the rares and harvests on the broker that I didn't need and make some extra money.  I then bought bags and boxes for the broker.</p><p>Now that I was level 9 and had a decent set of gear and upgraded spells I was ready to hit level 10.  Once I hit ten I knew the pvp and gankage began.  Now once I hit ten I just kept questing, instead of the grinding nobody likes, just by questing, doing city quests or the newbie zone quests I was able to gain 8AA by level 12.  Now that I was level 12 I would spend more time harvesting to get my spells upgraded and get that level 12 set of master crafted gear.  </p><p>Sure I was ganked a few times harvesting but I actually won a few fights.  Mind being I'm a warlock, a cloth wearer.  Okay now a week later after harvesting for 2 hours a day I was able to get the rares I needed and trade other player's rares to get some of the rares I needed.  Now back to the questing to level.  I'm level 14 with almost 11AA.  Remember I didn't level lock or get debt, I just did quests and moved on after one was complete.  I have the theory if your not in one place for to long your chances are less likely to get killed.</p><p>So now I'm in my questing mode and guess what players are trying to gank me but I'm winning?  How is this?  I only spent a little time to upgrade my character.  Could it be those people complaining about level lockers are the ones trying to gank me?  A new player on Nagafan with no title? </p><p>Now I went into the caves to do some quests being from FP I know its not my place there.  I went in with the intention to leave the lower level toons alone.  But as I was questing they would come up and try to gank me while fighting mobs on more than one occasion.  They got their face smashed in and logged on a FP to accuse me of being a level locked ganker.  I laughed and went on to finish my quests when more people came to kill me, and I died a few times and went back to get my quests done.  After my trip to the caves I ended up getting more kills than deaths on my warlock when I didn't attack one Qeynos once.</p><p>So now I decided to take it a step further, having some knowledge of the game, I decided to spend some time getting adornments.  Well as a level 14 I decided if I farm the instance in Thieves Way every day for 7 days straight I will get two legendary items each time I go in there.  So I turned off my xp while I farmed that zone knowing soon as I hit 15 they would be gray.  Now a week later and I am fully adorned, with legendary and treasured adornments.  I had no knowledge of adornments but I found a website online which gave me all the information I needed.  </p><p>Now I am ready to do some more quests so I turned my xp on again.  I was getting ganked by full groups and I also was getting kills when one or two players would try to gank me.  I'm curious as to how the hell I made slayer without pvping.  I just fought back while being attacked.</p><p>So I've come to the conclusion all you people complaining about level lockers are lazy people.  I was killing some level lockers with ease but probably because I spent more time getting my character adorned than they did.  What it boils down to is if you go out there on a pvp server with your spells less than adept III's and less than master crafted gear your going to get beat down severely.  If you level up without upgrading that's your choice but expect to be ganked by players whom invested more time into their characters.</p><p>Ohh I have news for you, the ganking don't stop all the way to 70, and it continues even at 70.  Just remember this, you want all the level lockers to level up, they will always be geared better than people whom don't invest the time into their character and they will be spread throughout the tiers.  At level 70 it don't stop, you have people with 100AA when you only have 60ish because you rushed to 70.  Now trying to get that 100AA isnt' as easy.  Oh and at 70 players run around in x4's all the time and its raid vs raid pvp which is very laggy at times.  Oh then your 70 with master crafted and legendary gear, but then the players whom been raiding for 1+ years longer than you are fully fabled, you'll never be able to beat them.  So quit your [Removed for Content] and welcome to PvP if you can't handle it go back to your blue server!</p>

KannaWhoopass
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
<p>Ok go sell this game to new players </p><p>Start off with .. </p><p>Ok first spent 6 hours banging on rocks....... (ya just lost the new guy)</p>

EQGu
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
<cite>Solitude wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I wanted to start off by saying I decided to try to create a character on Nagafen in FP the faction where I didn't have any money to twink a toon.  I already have a 70 on Venekor, so I understand the mechanics of the game.  People complain how hard it is to create a new character without any money but it's extremely easy.</p><p>With knowledge of the game here was the way I was able to survive, I did quests until I was level 9.  Then I harvested for 5-6 hours to get all my adept III spells up to level 9 and some yarrows to make my cloth wearers gear.  Being under level 9 it was easy to harvest since nobody can attack you.  I simply put the rares and harvests on the broker that I didn't need and make some extra money.  I then bought bags and boxes for the broker.</p><p>Now that I was level 9 and had a decent set of gear and upgraded spells I was ready to hit level 10.  Once I hit ten I knew the pvp and gankage began.  Now once I hit ten I just kept questing, instead of the grinding nobody likes, just by questing, doing city quests or the newbie zone quests I was able to gain 8AA by level 12.  Now that I was level 12 I would spend more time harvesting to get my spells upgraded and get that level 12 set of master crafted gear.  </p><p>Sure I was ganked a few times harvesting but I actually won a few fights.  Mind being I'm a warlock, a cloth wearer.  Okay now a week later after harvesting for 2 hours a day I was able to get the rares I needed and trade other player's rares to get some of the rares I needed.  Now back to the questing to level.  I'm level 14 with almost 11AA.  Remember I didn't level lock or get debt, I just did quests and moved on after one was complete.  I have the theory if your not in one place for to long your chances are less likely to get killed.</p><p>So now I'm in my questing mode and guess what players are trying to gank me but I'm winning?  How is this?  I only spent a little time to upgrade my character.  Could it be those people complaining about level lockers are the ones trying to gank me?  A new player on Nagafan with no title? </p><p>Now I went into the caves to do some quests being from FP I know its not my place there.  I went in with the intention to leave the lower level toons alone.  But as I was questing they would come up and try to gank me while fighting mobs on more than one occasion.  They got their face smashed in and logged on a FP to accuse me of being a level locked ganker.  I laughed and went on to finish my quests when more people came to kill me, and I died a few times and went back to get my quests done.  After my trip to the caves I ended up getting more kills than deaths on my warlock when I didn't attack one Qeynos once.</p><p><b><i>So now I decided to take it a step further, having some knowledge of the game, I decided to spend some time getting adornments.  Well as a level 14 I decided if I farm the instance in Thieves Way every day for 7 days straight I will get two legendary items each time I go in there.  So I turned off my xp while I farmed that zone knowing soon as I hit 15 they would be gray.  Now a week later and I am fully adorned, with legendary and treasured adornments.  I had no knowledge of adornments but I found a website online which gave me all the information I needed.</i></b>  </p><p><span style="font-size: x-small"><b>YOU JUST BECAME A LEVEL LOCKER WITH THAT PARAGRAPH  </b>- you do realize this is how lvl lockers get gear..</span></p><p>Now I am ready to do some more quests so I turned my xp on again.  I was getting ganked by full groups and I also was getting kills when one or two players would try to gank me.  I'm curious as to how the hell I made slayer without pvping.  I just fought back while being attacked.</p><p>So I've come to the conclusion all you people complaining about level lockers are lazy people.  I was killing some level lockers with ease but probably because I spent more time getting my character adorned than they did.  What it boils down to is if you go out there on a pvp server with your spells less than adept III's and less than master crafted gear your going to get beat down severely.  If you level up without upgrading that's your choice but expect to be ganked by players whom invested more time into their characters.</p><p>Ohh I have news for you, the ganking don't stop all the way to 70, and it continues even at 70.  Just remember this, you want all the level lockers to level up, they will always be geared better than people whom don't invest the time into their character and they will be spread throughout the tiers.  At level 70 it don't stop, you have people with 100AA when you only have 60ish because you rushed to 70.  Now trying to get that 100AA isnt' as easy.  Oh and at 70 players run around in x4's all the time and its raid vs raid pvp which is very laggy at times.  Oh then your 70 with master crafted and legendary gear, but then the players whom been raiding for 1+ years longer than you are fully fabled, you'll never be able to beat them.  So quit your [I cannot control my vocabulary] and welcome to PvP if you can't handle it go back to your blue server!</p></blockquote>

Bozidar
06-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Lockers lock at 10, grind aa to 12, and farm that instance every day for months, not a week.  someone looking to do their gear properly to help them level up might do what he said above.

Bloodfa
06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
The above posters sum it up, Airborne.  You yourself state that you have a 70.  You know what to do.  Guess what?  The guy just done playing Trial of the Isle doesn't.  So the entire body of your post goes to prove the exact opposite of your intention; congrats on showing everybody why a new player doesn't stand a chance against a level-locked twink. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> 

Bozidar
06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>The above posters sum it up, Airborne.  You yourself state that you have a 70.  You know what to do.  Guess what?  The guy just done playing Trial of the Isle doesn't.  So the entire body of your post goes to prove the exact opposite of your intention; congrats on showing everybody why a new player doesn't stand a chance against a level-locked twink. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  </blockquote><p> It's true, they don't.  But maybe airborne's post might help educate a few, and help them get started?</p><p>PvErs coming to play have a huge advantage because they should know the game already.  New players coming to EQ2 for the first time have it the hardest.  Is that any different than any other game ever created?</p>

Bloodfa
06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
<cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>The above posters sum it up, Airborne.  You yourself state that you have a 70.  You know what to do.  Guess what?  The guy just done playing Trial of the Isle doesn't.  So the entire body of your post goes to prove the exact opposite of your intention; congrats on showing everybody why a new player doesn't stand a chance against a level-locked twink. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  </blockquote><p> It's true, they don't.  But maybe airborne's post might help educate a few, and help them get started?</p><p>PvErs coming to play have a huge advantage because they should know the game already.  New players coming to EQ2 for the first time have it the hardest.  Is that any different than any other game ever created?</p></blockquote>Mmmmm ... yes and no.  Games like this are an investment in time.  FPS's, well, they're a diversion.  Play one, get bored, move on.  This type of game needs repeat customers.  Joe Q. Newb playing for the first couple of days will probably not hit the forums.  Hell, they probably won't know they exist, nor would care, assuming that they have no chance at all in the game.  If they did come to the forums, yes, that would be a good tutorial for them to get on their feet.  The game's got some issues with getting new players settled.

Solitude
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
<p>Then the issue is with the players community.  People need to be more helpful to the new players and explain what they need to do to survive.  Yet half the people out there are to lazy to harvest and end up getting ganked so they dont even know what to do.</p><p>I'm all for being rewarded for the more time you invest in a game, players just starting out shouldn't even be close to somebody who invested a months worth of time into a character, and a person who invested a year worth of time shouldn't be close to somebody whos invested a month.</p><p> If everyone keeps complaining our PvP is going to be carebear and it wont' be fun anymore.</p><p> So if your all for helping out new players and against the level locks help the community out and give them 5 to 10p to start off, or better yet get them rare harvests for their spells, after all they should be on even terms with people who invest more time in the game....  /end sarcasm</p>

Cyst
06-19-2007, 06:25 PM
<p>The problem is, if you don't know to do it ahead of time, you level to 10 before you harvest and you can't harvest because every lowbie zone has griefers who will kill you repeatedly every time your immunity timer ticks off. An experienced player starting out might start harvesting at level 8 until he has all the rares he needs for Adept IIIs and Mastercrafted gear. But experienced players don't need to do that, they just feed their low level with their high level.</p><p>I've got a 58 Ranger and have made a ton of lowbies when bored. Every single one of them at level 10 got repeatedly ganked to the point I had to log off and twink them with my 58 Ranger so I could go quest for AAs and levels so that I could compete with these wankers, I mean gankers.</p>

Wildfury77
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
If i run by a Tier 1-3 "Noob" and inspect them to notice low hps/missing item slots - i will very often take them to a quest line that fills their equipment slots..... I'll also mail them free App IVs tier 2 and free Adept III tier 1...... I'll teach them about harvesting Rares and Master chests..... Takes a few minutes of my in game time - and usually when i check up on one of these guys in a month they are still playing!! Twinking IS NOT the problem, lack of community is!!

jam3
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
edit your post this is the narative for [Removed for Content] LEVEL LOCKING NOOBS

CresentBlade
06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>edit your post this is the narative for [I cannot control my vocabulary] LEVEL LOCKING NOOBS </blockquote>QFT

Eybietie
06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>edit your post this is the narative for [I cannot control my vocabulary] LEVEL LOCKING NOOBS </blockquote> said the fae swashbuckler.

Zacarus
06-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Note to OP: there's a Q guild with your name on it -- feel free to betray or roll a new Q toon.  Gratz, nicely done.

Zeuhl
06-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Well I've been thinking of taking a break from my "blue" server and checking out the pvp action. I started on pvp originally but I had issues learning and pvp'ing at the same time so I jumped to pve. Now that I have my level 70 and various alts and know the game and how to advance(maybe not as fast as some) I was thinking about coming over and trying out the pvp again. Now I seriously doubt that some of these people represent the majority of the commmunity. I'm sure there are great people out there in pvp and I hope to find them. Untill that time comes though I will do my best to kill anyone who stands in my way to advancing.

Bloodfa
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
<p>There are some great folks out there who will gladly take some of their time and/or resources to help out a lower-level newbie.  But the number is small.  Check the responses to OOC questions that are obviously from new players; some folks on the server will reply with useful information, and some will act like pricks.  With a helpful community, this could run on for years.  Or it could burn out much more quickly.  We do have <i>some</i> control over that, in how we set an example.  Telling a newbie to man-up ain't gonna help.  Too bad there aren't any SOE staff available in-game to help newcomers on occasion.  Or maybe a PvP tutorial incorporated into the "here's your sword, the pointy end goes that way" island intro.  Hell, an NPC standing next to Murar Shah with "Enemy Combat Trainer" over his head and a mini-quest would work wonders.  Add a line in for Murar (and his counterparts) to ask them if they've spoken to Vlad the Trainer before they leave their refuge, and require a "click yes or no" type response to move on.  Explain to them "You know, enemies of our State are more wily and physically more powerful than your average goblin" with one of those annoying pop-ups that explains PvP damage is nerfed when compared to NPC, so your CA's, Spells and gear need to be upgraded as fast and efficiently as possible.  Then send them out to harvest a node and when they return, a message something like "If that had been a rare, you could make much better gear or upgrade your attacks substantially by tradeskilling, or even sell it on the open market for a profit!"</p><p>Have the NPC also explain the basics about Achievement Experience, something similar to the above scenario.  Maybe send the player out on another harvest and have an NPC 'Gank Squad' set 3 levels higher than them pop out of nowhere and beat them senseless.  When they go back he asks what happened and their multiple choice responses could lead to a reply like "Well, I hate to say it but life's not fair, and there's safety in numbers, whether it be a Guild or a group."  Something to get them looking in the right direction.</p><p>Interaction like that, a non-essential mini-quest for experienced players that could be skipped, would level the lowbie playing field a lot.  It wouldn't have any effect on those who already play, but newbies would have more information about just what they're getting themselves into.  Assuming they don't just rush out into the world and learn the hard way, that is.  But it would let them know it's a much different world out there.  Having a PVE training ground and game intro in a PvP/PVE world doesn't make it any easier.  I mean, my Jeweler alt is a level 7 Templar, with APP 1's and less than half a set of island gear can run out into the Peat Bog and drop an even-con monster without going below 90% health and 85% power.  Yellow con might drop my health to 80%, if it resists a lot.  It gives a false sense of what to expect, and running into the situations that lurk outside the castle walls would ... well ... suck.  Again, just some thoughts on what <i>could</i> be done.  Changes like that would be outside the normal game interaction for experienced players, but could swing things over to help newbies <i>without</i> having to "carebear" PvP.  </p>

silentpsycho
06-20-2007, 05:03 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Solitude wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I wanted to start off by saying I decided to try to create a character on Nagafen in FP the faction where I didn't have any money to twink a toon.  I already have a 70 on Venekor, so I understand the mechanics of the game.  People complain how hard it is to create a new character without any money but it's extremely easy.</p><p>With knowledge of the game here was the way I was able to survive, I did quests until I was level 9.  Then I harvested for 5-6 hours to get all my adept III spells up to level 9 and some yarrows to make my cloth wearers gear.  Being under level 9 it was easy to harvest since nobody can attack you.  I simply put the rares and harvests on the broker that I didn't need and make some extra money.  I then bought bags and boxes for the broker.</p><p>Now that I was level 9 and had a decent set of gear and upgraded spells I was ready to hit level 10.  Once I hit ten I knew the pvp and gankage began.  Now once I hit ten I just kept questing, instead of the grinding nobody likes, just by questing, doing city quests or the newbie zone quests I was able to gain 8AA by level 12.  Now that I was level 12 I would spend more time harvesting to get my spells upgraded and get that level 12 set of master crafted gear.  </p><p>Sure I was ganked a few times harvesting but I actually won a few fights.  Mind being I'm a warlock, a cloth wearer.  Okay now a week later after harvesting for 2 hours a day I was able to get the rares I needed and trade other player's rares to get some of the rares I needed.  Now back to the questing to level.  I'm level 14 with almost 11AA.  Remember I didn't level lock or get debt, I just did quests and moved on after one was complete.  I have the theory if your not in one place for to long your chances are less likely to get killed.</p><p>So now I'm in my questing mode and guess what players are trying to gank me but I'm winning?  How is this?  I only spent a little time to upgrade my character.  Could it be those people complaining about level lockers are the ones trying to gank me?  A new player on Nagafan with no title? </p><p>Now I went into the caves to do some quests being from FP I know its not my place there.  I went in with the intention to leave the lower level toons alone.  But as I was questing they would come up and try to gank me while fighting mobs on more than one occasion.  They got their face smashed in and logged on a FP to accuse me of being a level locked ganker.  I laughed and went on to finish my quests when more people came to kill me, and I died a few times and went back to get my quests done.  After my trip to the caves I ended up getting more kills than deaths on my warlock when I didn't attack one Qeynos once.</p><p><b><i>So now I decided to take it a step further, having some knowledge of the game, I decided to spend some time getting adornments.  Well as a level 14 I decided if I farm the instance in Thieves Way every day for 7 days straight I will get two legendary items each time I go in there.  So I turned off my xp while I farmed that zone knowing soon as I hit 15 they would be gray.  Now a week later and I am fully adorned, with legendary and treasured adornments.  I had no knowledge of adornments but I found a website online which gave me all the information I needed.</i></b>  </p><p><span style="font-size: x-small"><b>YOU JUST BECAME A LEVEL LOCKER WITH THAT PARAGRAPH  </b>- you do realize this is how lvl lockers get gear..</span></p><p>Now I am ready to do some more quests so I turned my xp on again.  I was getting ganked by full groups and I also was getting kills when one or two players would try to gank me.  I'm curious as to how the hell I made slayer without pvping.  I just fought back while being attacked.</p><p>So I've come to the conclusion all you people complaining about level lockers are lazy people.  I was killing some level lockers with ease but probably because I spent more time getting my character adorned than they did.  What it boils down to is if you go out there on a pvp server with your spells less than adept III's and less than master crafted gear your going to get beat down severely.  If you level up without upgrading that's your choice but expect to be ganked by players whom invested more time into their characters.</p><p>Ohh I have news for you, the ganking don't stop all the way to 70, and it continues even at 70.  Just remember this, you want all the level lockers to level up, they will always be geared better than people whom don't invest the time into their character and they will be spread throughout the tiers.  At level 70 it don't stop, you have people with 100AA when you only have 60ish because you rushed to 70.  Now trying to get that 100AA isnt' as easy.  Oh and at 70 players run around in x4's all the time and its raid vs raid pvp which is very laggy at times.  Oh then your 70 with master crafted and legendary gear, but then the players whom been raiding for 1+ years longer than you are fully fabled, you'll never be able to beat them.  So quit your [I cannot control my vocabulary] and welcome to PvP if you can't handle it go back to your blue server!</p></blockquote> </blockquote> You, sir, are an idiot.  This is how *anyone* gets gear.  That is all.

silentpsycho
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>The above posters sum it up, Airborne.  You yourself state that you have a 70.  You know what to do.  Guess what?  The guy just done playing Trial of the Isle doesn't.  So the entire body of your post goes to prove the exact opposite of your intention; congrats on showing everybody why a new player doesn't stand a chance against a level-locked twink. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  </blockquote><p>Look, not to be harsh or anything, but people brand new to the game are just a little dumb if they think rolling on a PVP server for their very first toon is a good idea.  People have been playing for over 3 years now; that is their competition.  Any "mechanic" put in place to level the playing field between a 3+ year veteran and a brand new newbie is just plain [Removed for Content].</p><p>That said, any true newby who reads this thread and does what the OP outlines will have a much better chance.  Well, much more so than someone who comes off nub island with their treasured crapola gear thinking they are the mighty gods of war.  And if people are too lazy to put time into making their character better, they get what they get. </p>

silentpsycho
06-20-2007, 05:17 PM
<cite>Solitude wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Then the issue is with the players community.  People need to be more helpful to the new players and explain what they need to do to survive.  Yet half the people out there are to lazy to harvest and end up getting ganked so they dont even know what to do.</p><p>I'm all for being rewarded for the more time you invest in a game, players just starting out shouldn't even be close to somebody who invested a months worth of time into a character, and a person who invested a year worth of time shouldn't be close to somebody whos invested a month.</p><p> If everyone keeps complaining our PvP is going to be carebear and it wont' be fun anymore.</p><p> So if your all for helping out new players and against the level locks help the community out and give them 5 to 10p to start off, or better yet get them rare harvests for their spells, after all they should be on even terms with people who invest more time in the game....  /end sarcasm</p></blockquote>Just giving them stuff will let them be even richer newbs.  I get asked for plat all the time in game.  You know what I do?  I /invite those people to a group and give them little quests that *teach* them how to make their own money.  The whole time, they think I'm gonna give them "phat lewts" if they harvest enough of these rare rocks.  Then, after they get a few, I tell them how to put those items on the broker with a spare bag and how to do a competitive search to set the price, etc.  They end up making more than I could have given them on the spot, and much more down the road.  Oh, and I /invite them to come with me farming nameds sometimes too.  I did this for a brand new player in my guild last week.  I mentored down and we had an absolute blast.  I think it boils down to "teach a man to fish".  If more people did this, we might have less whiners asking people to "give us phat lewts; make it so we don't need aa's at low levels; make it easier FOR ME to win".  Personally, if people just want to take the easy path and keep begging for stuf after I showed them the ropes, they get /ignored fairly quick.

Scatimus
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
<cite>silentpsycho wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Solitude wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I wanted to start off by saying I decided to try to create a character on Nagafen in FP the faction where I didn't have any money to twink a toon.  I already have a 70 on Venekor, so I understand the mechanics of the game.  People complain how hard it is to create a new character without any money but it's extremely easy.</p><p>With knowledge of the game here was the way I was able to survive, I did quests until I was level 9.  Then I harvested for 5-6 hours to get all my adept III spells up to level 9 and some yarrows to make my cloth wearers gear.  Being under level 9 it was easy to harvest since nobody can attack you.  I simply put the rares and harvests on the broker that I didn't need and make some extra money.  I then bought bags and boxes for the broker.</p><p>Now that I was level 9 and had a decent set of gear and upgraded spells I was ready to hit level 10.  Once I hit ten I knew the pvp and gankage began.  Now once I hit ten I just kept questing, instead of the grinding nobody likes, just by questing, doing city quests or the newbie zone quests I was able to gain 8AA by level 12.  Now that I was level 12 I would spend more time harvesting to get my spells upgraded and get that level 12 set of master crafted gear.  </p><p>Sure I was ganked a few times harvesting but I actually won a few fights.  Mind being I'm a warlock, a cloth wearer.  Okay now a week later after harvesting for 2 hours a day I was able to get the rares I needed and trade other player's rares to get some of the rares I needed.  Now back to the questing to level.  I'm level 14 with almost 11AA.  Remember I didn't level lock or get debt, I just did quests and moved on after one was complete.  I have the theory if your not in one place for to long your chances are less likely to get killed.</p><p>So now I'm in my questing mode and guess what players are trying to gank me but I'm winning?  How is this?  I only spent a little time to upgrade my character.  Could it be those people complaining about level lockers are the ones trying to gank me?  A new player on Nagafan with no title? </p><p>Now I went into the caves to do some quests being from FP I know its not my place there.  I went in with the intention to leave the lower level toons alone.  But as I was questing they would come up and try to gank me while fighting mobs on more than one occasion.  They got their face smashed in and logged on a FP to accuse me of being a level locked ganker.  I laughed and went on to finish my quests when more people came to kill me, and I died a few times and went back to get my quests done.  After my trip to the caves I ended up getting more kills than deaths on my warlock when I didn't attack one Qeynos once.</p><p><b><i>So now I decided to take it a step further, having some knowledge of the game, I decided to spend some time getting adornments.  Well as a level 14 I decided if I farm the instance in Thieves Way every day for 7 days straight I will get two legendary items each time I go in there.  So I turned off my xp while I farmed that zone knowing soon as I hit 15 they would be gray.  Now a week later and I am fully adorned, with legendary and treasured adornments.  I had no knowledge of adornments but I found a website online which gave me all the information I needed.</i></b>  </p><p><span style="font-size: x-small"><b>YOU JUST BECAME A LEVEL LOCKER WITH THAT PARAGRAPH  </b>- you do realize this is how lvl lockers get gear..</span></p><p>Now I am ready to do some more quests so I turned my xp on again.  I was getting ganked by full groups and I also was getting kills when one or two players would try to gank me.  I'm curious as to how the hell I made slayer without pvping.  I just fought back while being attacked.</p><p>So I've come to the conclusion all you people complaining about level lockers are lazy people.  I was killing some level lockers with ease but probably because I spent more time getting my character adorned than they did.  What it boils down to is if you go out there on a pvp server with your spells less than adept III's and less than master crafted gear your going to get beat down severely.  If you level up without upgrading that's your choice but expect to be ganked by players whom invested more time into their characters.</p><p>Ohh I have news for you, the ganking don't stop all the way to 70, and it continues even at 70.  Just remember this, you want all the level lockers to level up, they will always be geared better than people whom don't invest the time into their character and they will be spread throughout the tiers.  At level 70 it don't stop, you have people with 100AA when you only have 60ish because you rushed to 70.  Now trying to get that 100AA isnt' as easy.  Oh and at 70 players run around in x4's all the time and its raid vs raid pvp which is very laggy at times.  Oh then your 70 with master crafted and legendary gear, but then the players whom been raiding for 1+ years longer than you are fully fabled, you'll never be able to beat them.  So quit your [I cannot control my vocabulary] and welcome to PvP if you can't handle it go back to your blue server!</p></blockquote> </blockquote><p> You, sir, are an idiot.  This is how *anyone* gets gear.  That is all. </p></blockquote>i never got my gear this way.  in fact the people i group with everyday didnt get their gear this way either.  the only people who i know that got there gear this way are still locked at lvl 25.

ailen
06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
<p>you can take the time to level lock and get all mastercrafted/legendary/fabled gear, masters, adept 3s and boatloads of AAs... to do what?</p><p>Get an X2 or X4 and stand around at the Fair in Darklight woods...  ding 10 gank dead, kk thx bye.</p><p>now that's [Removed for Content].  don't say it doesn't happen, I got screenshots from last night to prove it.</p>

WasFycksir
06-20-2007, 06:39 PM
<p>Outstanding post OP.</p><p>It's just like everything these day, people just want stuff handed to them.  This illustrates how a bit of work, research and knowhow can pay off.</p><p>Don't bring down the achievers in the world!</p>

orehn
06-20-2007, 07:03 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>you can take the time to level lock and get all mastercrafted/legendary/fabled gear, masters, adept 3s and boatloads of AAs... to do what?</p><p>Get an X2 or X4 and stand around at the Fair in Darklight woods...  ding 10 gank dead, kk thx bye.</p><p>now that's [Removed for Content].  don't say it doesn't happen, I got screenshots from last night to prove it.</p></blockquote>The reason someone might take the time to do all of this is to up their chances at survival.  Simply put, when you and I were leveling up our first Nagafen characters, there was no need to take this kind of time just to survive.  When you and I started out, these early tiers were an entirely different landscape; there wasn't a need to take the time to harvest rares for mastercrafted gear or farm for masters because no one else had that stuff.  Survival for our first toons wasn't as difficult because everyone was new and just starting out. The first time around I raced up to 70 only to realize that I missed out on 95% of this game.  This time around, I'm taking my time in order to see and do as much as I can because for me, there is more to this MMO then KoS. I don't disagree with you in regards to the way Darklight Woods is, that place is brutal and I hate it, simply because everyone suffers from Overkill Syndrome (tm).  They roll around in a four man group to tackle solos-it's just silly.  The next time you're on a lowbie Freeport alt, give me a tell-I have a character I want to run through the rest of the Darklight quests on. =) Regards, Leopole (that noob you used to own =x)

ailen
06-20-2007, 07:14 PM
<p>The topic of level locking has been gone over in great detail, much as anything else I ever posted in.  Trying to turn over a new leaf and not get into board drama much has been challenging.</p><p>So in defense of my post, I must say.  I didn't necessarily wonder why someone might level lock at some points to keep their gear/spells up to par, but rolling an X2-X4 of level locked twinks into darklight wood, in range to kill people that are level 10 or 11 is just a fantastic example of how level locking can be abused on the extreme end.  To be told time and time again that people only complain here because they are lazy is insulting to say the least.</p><p>It is becoming an epidemic to say the least.  Fair?  It's all point of view, but it's really really REALLY obscenely cheap to do what I witnessed last night.  It's like watching that stupid movie with Johnny Knoxville ... "The Ringer"</p>

orehn
06-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I hear you, and not just in regards to the Darklight Woods x3; but in regards to forum drama as well.  Try as I might, I still find myself quoting people and responding. =(  I won't even log my little inquisitor in unless I know I have a group waiting for me because the x3 of Qeynos zealots will soon be clicking the zone-hopper until they come upon a solo at the fair.  I once considered starting a counter-raid but I hate raid PvP pre-t7.  Put Awesome and Grimes on your lowbie's friends list and we'll ride together/die together-bad boys 4 life! lol...sorry, it's bad movie day here at my apt.

Rob626
06-20-2007, 07:33 PM
<p>[[a PvP tutorial incorporated into the "here's your sword, the pointy end goes that way" island intro.  Hell, an NPC standing next to Murar Shah with "Enemy Combat Trainer" over his head and a mini-quest would work wonders.  Add a line in for Murar (and his counterparts) to ask them if they've spoken to Vlad the Trainer before they leave their refuge, and require a "click yes or no" type response to move on.  Explain to them "You know, enemies of our State are more wily and physically more powerful than your average goblin" with one of those annoying pop-ups that explains PvP damage is nerfed when compared to NPC, so your CA's, Spells and gear need to be upgraded as fast and efficiently as possible.  Then send them out to harvest a node and when they return, a message something like "If that had been a rare, you could make much better gear or upgrade your attacks substantially by tradeskilling, or even sell it on the open market for a profit!" </p><p>Have the NPC also explain the basics about Achievement Experience, something similar to the above scenario.  Maybe send the player out on another harvest and have an NPC 'Gank Squad' set 3 levels higher than them pop out of nowhere and beat them senseless.  When they go back he asks what happened and their multiple choice responses could lead to a reply like "Well, I hate to say it but life's not fair, and there's safety in numbers, whether it be a Guild or a group."  Something to get them looking in the right direction.]]- Chaly</p><p>Chaly, you are a genius!  Seriously, one of the best and most constructive ideas I have seen on the forums!  This idea has me really excited.  I think this would be a fantastic addition and give new players the sense that this is not pve.</p><p> Not sure how to bring this to the Almighty SOE attention in a more direct manner than simply posting it here.  /petition maybe?</p><p>Majo, 51 Guardian and Walking Token Dispenser</p>

CresentBlade
06-21-2007, 04:03 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>The topic of level locking has been gone over in great detail, much as anything else I ever posted in.  Trying to turn over a new leaf and not get into board drama much has been challenging.</p><p>So in defense of my post, I must say.  I didn't necessarily wonder why someone might level lock at some points to keep their gear/spells up to par, but rolling an X2-X4 of level locked twinks into darklight wood, in range to kill people that are level 10 or 11 is just a fantastic example of how level locking can be abused on the extreme end.  To be told time and time again that people only complain here because they are lazy is insulting to say the least.</p><p>It is becoming an epidemic to say the least.  Fair?  It's all point of view, but it's really really REALLY obscenely cheap to do what I witnessed last night.  It's like watching that stupid movie with Johnny Knoxville ... "The Ringer"</p></blockquote><span style="color: #6600ff">Its like that for both sides. All these skilless people riding around on 200% resist mounts slaughtering low levels. Now you know where are the people that couldnt hack it in teir 6 and 7 went. They now do to new players and lowbies what they them selves could not handle.</span>

silentpsycho
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
<cite>Rob626 wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>[[a PvP tutorial incorporated into the "here's your sword, the pointy end goes that way" island intro.  Hell, an NPC standing next to Murar Shah with "Enemy Combat Trainer" over his head and a mini-quest would work wonders.  Add a line in for Murar (and his counterparts) to ask them if they've spoken to Vlad the Trainer before they leave their refuge, and require a "click yes or no" type response to move on.  Explain to them "You know, enemies of our State are more wily and physically more powerful than your average goblin" with one of those annoying pop-ups that explains PvP damage is nerfed when compared to NPC, so your CA's, Spells and gear need to be upgraded as fast and efficiently as possible.  Then send them out to harvest a node and when they return, a message something like "If that had been a rare, you could make much better gear or upgrade your attacks substantially by tradeskilling, or even sell it on the open market for a profit!" </p><p>Have the NPC also explain the basics about Achievement Experience, something similar to the above scenario.  Maybe send the player out on another harvest and have an NPC 'Gank Squad' set 3 levels higher than them pop out of nowhere and beat them senseless.  When they go back he asks what happened and their multiple choice responses could lead to a reply like "Well, I hate to say it but life's not fair, and there's safety in numbers, whether it be a Guild or a group."  Something to get them looking in the right direction.]]- Chaly</p><p>Chaly, you are a genius!  Seriously, one of the best and most constructive ideas I have seen on the forums!  This idea has me really excited.  I think this would be a fantastic addition and give new players the sense that this is not pve.</p><p> Not sure how to bring this to the Almighty SOE attention in a more direct manner than simply posting it here.  /petition maybe?</p><p>Majo, 51 Guardian and Walking Token Dispenser</p></blockquote>QFE - I LOVE the "well, you know, life isn't fair, and it's a dangerous world" stuff.  But, for all you old-timers, shouldn't it be a group 8 levels higher than them?  This is what we went through.  Dang whipper snappers have it easy these days; only 4 levels.. grumble.

ailen
06-21-2007, 06:25 PM
<p>If you really want to reminesce , think about what Sinking Sands and it's adjacent Zones were like about 12 months ago.</p><p>yah.. baleedat...  FUN times.</p>