PDA

View Full Version : Reminder '/testcopy add' if you want to tinker on PvP Test

Grimwell
06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Just a friendly reminder. If you want to try some of this stuff out, you can do the /testcopy add command and your character (and all gear) will be there in a day or so. Plenty of time for you guys to see the new PvP balancing in action, and the AA items as well. This is one advantage the PvP community has, you can jump your whole guild over there for a day, try the new raid and elements, and still be on your home server. It's worth a look!

Zexxii
06-15-2007, 06:25 PM
any idea how long we have to test these before they go live?

SolomanShort
06-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I second that..... After searching the forums, I can see no mention of when this new update is to be released.... any hints please..

Soulhunt
06-16-2007, 03:53 PM
<p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">ive done the command to /testcopy add......waited for days and still cant play on it, been trying for almost 2 weeks now...why?</span></i></p><p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">i log on normaly then hit test server....then i load up....scans then goes into downloading.....after a min or 2 then it stops and says download cancelled and i dont have option to hit play....happens everytime i try to download. please look into this .i think there's something wrong .</span></i></p><p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">SOULHUNTER</span></i></p>

tass
06-16-2007, 05:08 PM
why use test copy and wait a month. Log on and go to fluffy the beta buffer zip to 70 master 1 spells, relic gear and exile faction and go psycho.

Nakash
06-18-2007, 06:17 AM
<cite>tass wrote:</cite><blockquote>why use test copy and wait a month. Log on and go to fluffy the beta buffer zip to 70 master 1 spells, relic gear and exile faction and go psycho. </blockquote><p>There is a beta buffer on the pvp test server ? </p><p>Thats new to me... where to find ? Would love to test the changes with a toon of equal level to my main.</p>

Soulhunt
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
still cant log on to test server!!! [Removed for Content]

Armawk
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
<p>what I did</p><p>Copy my whole game folder (I dont want my main game copy messed with). make a shortcut to the launcher in the new folder, and launch it. log in. click test server. log in again when it comes up (you know if you are on test server because the test server button is disabled), and wait a long time for updates. play. every time I want to play on test I have to log in, click test server, and click log in again then start. I also always make sure that when starting on test server that "select character" is the choice in my list not one of my actual characters as that would confuse the login.</p><p>Ive had, on one occasion, to go into options on the start screen and tell it to re validate all files, which worked fine.</p>

Harbringer Doom
06-18-2007, 10:31 AM
<cite>Grimwell wrote:</cite><blockquote>Just a friendly reminder. If you want to try some of this stuff out, you can do the /testcopy add command and your character (and all gear) will be there in a day or so. Plenty of time for you guys to see the new PvP balancing in action, and the AA items as well. This is one advantage the PvP community has, you can jump your whole guild over there for a day, try the new raid and elements, and still be on your home server. It's worth a look! </blockquote> The title of the thread says to "/testcopy add" if you want to "tinker on PvP test"... So this seems like a good time to mention that tinkered pets are bugged in PvP.  They get summoned, but then they stand around looking confused, and do not attack. Fix tinkered pets plz.

Splintered
06-18-2007, 11:24 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">ive done the command to /testcopy add......waited for days and still cant play on it, been trying for almost 2 weeks now...why?</span></i></p><p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">i log on normaly then hit test server....then i load up....scans then goes into downloading.....after a min or 2 then it stops and says download cancelled and i dont have option to hit play....happens everytime i try to download. please look into this .i think there's something wrong .</span></i></p><p><i><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">SOULHUNTER</span></i></p></blockquote> are u running windows vista? There is a problem with vista that doesn't allow you to download. If you are, you can fix it by searching in the help menu on this site, type in keyword "download canceled".

Soulhunt
06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
<p>windows xp actually...still have no clue why it wont download. o well i need to take long break fom game anyways due to RL issues...was hoping to play alittle on test before i left....guess not. thx </p><p>soulhunter</p>