PDA

View Full Version : Kunark epic weapons for raiders only or casual as well?


Barbai
06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Any speculation on weither or not the kunark epic weapons will be obtainable by casual groups (mastercrafted wearers) or will end up just being for the major raiders ala eq1.

Josgar
06-09-2007, 05:33 PM
both... i think it said in the interview that they would start out weak and then get stronger through quests.

Mirander_1
06-09-2007, 05:35 PM
According to what we know, all the epic quests will come in two parts.  The first part requires soloing and grouping, and rewards a high-quallity legendary weapon; then you can do the second part, which also involves raiding, and upgrade the weapon to a high-quality fabled weapon.

Kizee
06-09-2007, 06:34 PM
<cite>Barbai wrote:</cite><blockquote>Any speculation on weither or not the kunark epic weapons will be obtainable by casual groups (mastercrafted wearers) or will end up just being for the major raiders ala eq1. </blockquote><p> They wouldn't be very epic if common folk could get them. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Like the above poster said.... there will be a lower end version for the non raiders and a upgraded one for the raiders.</p>

Zabjade
06-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Of Course Monks would never get in any raid that would let them get the Epic part...we'd be kicked out for a level 1 Swashie <img src="/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Barbai
06-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Well I'm sure if the monkeys would stop triping over their own feet it would help, my main concern is that as content increases it becomes a raid or don't progress situation. It was one of the reasons I left eq1 is because I hated raiding for several hours and getting only headaches out of it.

TheSco
06-10-2007, 03:05 AM
It will be like the HQ Greater Lightstone. You start with weak lightstone and then move on up to the Greater Lightstone.

Zabjade
06-10-2007, 03:36 AM
<cite>Barbai wrote:</cite><blockquote>Well I'm sure if the monkeys would stop triping over their own feet it would help, my main concern is that as content increases it becomes a raid or don't progress situation. It was one of the reasons I left eq1 is because I hated raiding for several hours and getting only headaches out of it. </blockquote><p> Not the Monk's call, It's the dev's. I think they are afraid ot fix our class because of the other classes will moan about it.</p><p>As for the Epic, I hope even the Legendary verson will be something that will help us.</p>

AdmiralWilbur
06-10-2007, 04:33 AM
<p>I hope the Legendary weapon is still a great weapon to equip for those who don't want to raid for it. I don't mind raiding for mine but I know some people just don't like raiding.</p>

Guy De Alsace
06-16-2007, 08:52 PM
<p>Lets hope they dont look like sharpened aluminium doors, 10ft long tree trunks, 6ft wide aeroplane wings or some other grotesquely huge monstrosity. If Kunark turns out to be EQ2 does Final Fantasy i'll be tearing out my hair...</p>

Zabjade
06-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Monk epics where something like Celestrial Fists (Worked in both hand and weapon slots) and Robe of the Lost Circle(Whistling Fists)

Darkfir3
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
I guarantee you these "epic" weapons are going to be like the claymore stuff for raiders. The legendary one will be good for the casuals, but the good fabled will be replaceable within 2 months of raiding the new content, mark my words.....

AnAnimatedcorpse
06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
I look forward to it either way! Risk vs Reward. I will gladly complete this quest even if it is 3 claymores long in completion time, especially if the lore is compelling.

Noaani
06-17-2007, 01:20 PM
<p>Casuals <b><i>OR</i></b> raiders?</p><p>But what about me?  I am a casual raider!</p><p>Or what about hardcore non raiders? have you forgotten about them?</p><p>'casual' and 'raider' are not mutually exclusive terms. A casual player is someone that plays the game in a casual manner, often with no pre-determined goals at the beginning of a play session, a raider is, well, someone that raids.</p>

Gwaelin LDL
06-17-2007, 03:18 PM
<cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite><blockquote>Monk epics where something like Celestrial Fists (Worked in both hand and weapon slots) and Robe of the Lost Circle(Whistling Fists)</blockquote> Celestial Fists were a pair of gloves with a clicky short-duration 40% haste buff and wearing them would set your bare-fisted dam/dly to 9/16 (I believe this part was changed a bit with/around PoP).  Robe of the Lost Circle and Robe of the Whistling Fists were items you gained along the way and turned in to progress the quest line.

Darkfir3
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Good point Noaani. I suppose im a hardcore pvper and a thrice a week raider, so it appears im a harcore casual raider<img src="/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Zabjade
06-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Gwaelin LDL wrote: <blockquote><cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite><blockquote>Monk epics where something like Celestrial Fists (Worked in both hand and weapon slots) and Robe of the Lost Circle(Whistling Fists)</blockquote> Celestial Fists were a pair of gloves with a clicky short-duration 40% haste buff and wearing them would set your bare-fisted dam/dly to 9/16 (I believe this part was changed a bit with/around PoP).  Robe of the Lost Circle and Robe of the Whistling Fists were items you gained along the way and turned in to progress the quest line. </blockquote> Interesting, I never got that far in the Epic. I think I got as far as the Sashes and the Headbands and was looking for the materials for the First robe. I think my character Chlorie Shadowfist (Brell server) was up to the point of just starting to do AA before I jumped to EQ2

Eludajae
06-26-2007, 04:08 AM
<p>The Epic weapons are going to be exactly like the MoA, only you don't HAVE to do the final raid part to retain a very powerful legendary weapon. Now for those of you who are forgetting, you only NEED fabled weapons if you raid, Heroics and x2 Epics really do not require fabled weapondry or armor to face. Example is the Rain Caller quest, nice medium weapon reward for a small x2 raid that a single group of hard core raiders can handle. </p><p>And we are all forgetting, its probably going to be a 78+ legendary weapon that will make the 68lvl Claymore look like a treasured blade. And it always had open for the causal play to get into a pick up or a guild planned raid just for the Epic upgrade to fabled...so in that light...I think for once SOE is doing all of us good.</p>

Zabjade
06-26-2007, 05:30 AM
<span style="color: #00cc00">Unless your a monk, then it's a catch 22, if you don't have fabled weapons and gear you have trouble getting into a raid, and order to get fabled weapons you have to raid.  For that to chage the Developers will have to give Monks untility beyond Mine-sweeper.</span>