PDA

View Full Version : /pvp option for regular servers?

Laviathon42
06-07-2007, 12:05 PM
<p>I'm relativly new to the EQ2 world.   I started playing on Mistmoore the last week in Feb.  I know there are pvp and non pvp server but i was wondering if they had every thought of enableing something like a /pvp option like in many other SOE games.   Im sure this has probably been discussed at one point in time or another.  </p><p> I think it would be a option for level 70 chars, adding some form of end game content for them beyond the armor grind.  While not forcing it on anyone that did not want to perticipate.</p>

Wytie
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
<p>afraid not there are lost of items and gear on pvp servers that arent on pve servers. the rule sets are very different and the devs have strongly stated that they would be seperat and not allow transfers between the two.</p><p>I would reccomend trying it out it can be frustrating at time at first but if your like me i was addicted to this game even more after rolling on pvp. If you do think about trying it read all teh stickies and pvp threads you can cause life is alot different in pvp and most of this stuff it trial and error so the more you can read the error you have to trial heh</p>

Laviathon42
06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
<cite>Wytie wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>afraid not there are lost of items and gear on pvp servers that arent on pve servers. the rule sets are very different and the devs have strongly stated that they would be seperat and not allow transfers between the two.</p><p>I would reccomend trying it out it can be frustrating at time at first but if your like me i was addicted to this game even more after rolling on pvp. If you do think about trying it read all teh stickies and pvp threads you can cause life is alot different in pvp and most of this stuff it trial and error so the more you can read the error you have to trial heh</p></blockquote>Is the armor differences primarily just to level the playing field?

Wytie
06-07-2007, 12:40 PM
<cite>Laviathon42 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Wytie wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>afraid not there are lost of items and gear on pvp servers that arent on pve servers. the rule sets are very different and the devs have strongly stated that they would be seperat and not allow transfers between the two.</p><p>I would reccomend trying it out it can be frustrating at time at first but if your like me i was addicted to this game even more after rolling on pvp. If you do think about trying it read all teh stickies and pvp threads you can cause life is alot different in pvp and most of this stuff it trial and error so the more you can read the error you have to trial heh</p></blockquote>Is the armor differences primarily just to level the playing field? </blockquote><p>well we have the same armor you have but we also have pvp merchants that allow you to spend gold status on fabled pvp gear for levels 20-70 for all classes and jewlery but not all peices for all classes for all levels there are some mixes in there also there are some other clicky items that are pvp only too, kinda hard for me to explain, but its a reward for killing lots of people.</p><p>To kinda give ya an idea to use the first couple of pvp gear peice at level 20 theres only like 2 or 3 but you need roughly 600 to 700 kills to unlock that gear and as the gear gets higher in level it required more pvp kills status and gold, intill you hit 70 then its gets a bit tricky.....  </p>

Laviathon42
06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
thanks for all the imput.