PDA

View Full Version : If you were an EQ2 Game Developer...


Lornick
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
<p>Hypothetically speaking of course.  Everyone seems to think they could do a better job of running the game so here is your chance.  If you were an EQ2 Game Dev and you were given the task to come up with one original spell or combat art for each class at level 75 with the coming Kunark expansion... what spells/combat arts would you give each class?  You are in the drivers seat so it's your job to decide what is balanced.  If you don't want to spend time coming up with 24 abilities then at least come up with one for your primary class.  I would also recommend coming up with ideas before reading others so you have a better chance of coming up with something original.  If you want to see a list of spell/combat arts for each class <a href="http://home.comcast.net/~eq2gamedata/main.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">click this link</a>.  Here's my list:</p><p>Guardian-  Goldor's Reinforcing Stance [ 45 sec self buff, 1 sec cast, 3 min recast.  <b>While under the effects of this buff, each melee hit the guardian receives will increase his/her physical mitigation by 150 to a maximum of 2100</b>]</p><p>Berserker-  Ogok's Successive Strikes [10 sec self buff, 1 sec cast, 2min recast. <b>While under the effects of this buff, each successive combat art completed by the berserker will have it's base damage increased up to a maximum 50% bonus for the 5th and final combat art.</b> (10% bonus for first strike, 20% bonus for second strike, etc.  After 5 combat arts the buff expires.)</p><p>Paladin-  Minoa's Miracle Request [ 12s self buff.  2 sec cast. 2 min recast. <b>Any damage the paladin receives while under this effect will tally up and when the buff expires the paladins group will be healed for 75% of that amount. </b> (aka, the paladin casts before pulling and during the first 12 seconds of the fight the paladin receives 10,000 damage after which the each group member is healed for 7500 health)</p><p>Shadowknight- Linked Pain [ 12 sec debuff. 1 sec cast. 30 sec recast.  <b>Creates a link between the shadowknight and his target.  Any damage that the shadowknight receives will inflict mental pain on the target increasing it's hate toward the shadowknight</b>.]</p><p>Monk-  Quinn's Solar Kick [ combat art.  40 sec recast. <b>When using this ability the monk jumps very high above his/her target and performs an aerial kick inflicting approx 1100-1800 damage and stunning the target for 2s</b>.]</p><p>Bruiser- Evolving Stone Strikes [ 1 min self buff. 1 sec cast. 2 min recast.  <b>While this buff is in effect, each melee hit the bruiser lands will increase his/her mitigation by 75 to a maximum of 1500</b>.]</p><p>Templar- Complete Heal [2 sec cast. <u>5 minute recast</u>.<b> Completely heals the templars target for a maximum of 15,000 health</b>.]</p><p>Inquisitor-  Blessing to the Strong [ .5 sec cast, 20 sec recast. <b>Very fast casting heal spell to single target for approx 700 to 1000.  If target is over 50% health this spell will heal for double.  If target is full health then this spell will act as a single reactive heal for the double amount</b>.]</p><p>Fury- Raging Tornado [7 sec cast. 90 sec recast.  <b>When the fury begins to cast this spell he/she will spin in a circle and accelerate until the cast is complete.  Once the cast is complete a tornado will be summoned at the fury's location.  The tornado will throw all hostile targets around the fury back for a large amount of damage (approx 2000 to 5000 damage, maximum 12 targets) and daze them for 4 seconds</b>.]</p><p>Warden- Exploding Acorns [30 sec recast.  <b>Summons item "Exploding Acorn" into ally's inventory.  3 charge item.  Charm slot optional.  Instant Cast, 30 sec recast.  Effect causes approx 700 to 1500 heat damage to hostile target.</b>]</p><p>Mystic-  Ancient Ward [2 sec cast. <u>2 minute recast. 4 second duration</u>. <b>Wards single target for 15,000 damage (any AA ability that converts unused wards to heal if duration expires does not affect this spell)</b>.]</p><p>Defiler- Malignant Pox [ 2 sec cast. 1 min duration. 1 min recast. <b>Massive disease damage over time.  Damage starts out small and each tic does progressively more damage.</b>  (instant disease damage and damage every 3 seconds for 21 tics total.  If the spell runs it's entire duration it will cause approx 7,000 damage)]</p><p>Wizard-  Rah-Jan's Glacial Freeze [3 sec cast. 90 second recast. 24 sec duration. <b>Encases a target in a glacier causing a large amount of damage initially(approx 4000 to 6000 damage), dazing the target for 3 seconds, and snaring the target for the duration of the spell.  As the target thaws out, the snaring effect lessens over time.  Any heat spells cast on target further reduce snares effectivness.</b> (99% speed reduction initially with a 3% decrease in effectiveness per second afterwards)]</p><p>Warlock- Putrin's Casting Trance [instant cast spell. 5 sec self buff.  2min recast.  <b>While in this trance, all the warlock's spells base casting times are reduced to 1 second and recast timers are reduced by 30%</b>.]</p><p>Illusionist- Hateful Illusory Replica [ 2 sec cast.  1 min recast.  35 sec duration. <b>Creates a duplicate of a target that attacks itself.  The strength of the double is dependant on how strong the target is.</b>  Players that are grouped with the illusionist will be able to distinguish the double due to a blue tint on the double.  To any other players the illusion will be exact.]</p><p>Coercer- Coercive Confusion [2 sec cast. 40 sec recast. 7 sec duration.  <b>Clouds the targets mind rendering it unable to cast and also has a random secondary effect such as attacking an ally, root, fear, etc</b>.]</p><p>Conjurer-  100 Grasping Hands of Earth [ 1 sec cast. 90 sec recast. 30 sec duration.  <b>The conjurer summons hands from the ground to root all hostile targets around him/her</b>.  PBAOE difficult to resist. max 12 targets. ]</p><p>Necromancer- Curse of the Shade [ 5 second cast.  5 minute recast.  This spell requires that the necromancer doesn't currently have a pet.  When the necromancer casts this on an enemy (non-player) target they will take damage over time until dead. <b> Approx 100 damage per tick, each tick is 1 sec.  Duration is 1min.  If the target dies while under this effect they will be ressurrected in shade form (same model but black and partially transparent) and be under the control of the necromancer.  The shade will behave exactly as if it were charmed by a coercer while it was alive.  Charm duration is 20mins and can break early randomly</b>.  <b>When the shade breaks control it will mercilessly attack the necromancer until either it is killed or the necromancer is.  The shade is highly resistant to control effects and is immune to charm spells.</b>]</p><p>Assassin- Jerol's Shadow Strike [ combat art. 45 sec recast. range 30 meters.  This ability cannot be used on a target within 10 meters.  <b>This ability teleports the assassin directly behind his/her target and strikes for approx 800-1750 damage, stuns the target for 1.5 seconds, and puts the assassin in stealth mode</b>.]</p><p>Ranger- Seider's Extreme Bow Assault [Single Target Attack, 3 sec cast, 1 min recast. <b>75 meter range attack for approx 3000 to 7000 damage.  Very high accuracy. Must have bow equipped.</b> (approx double range of long bow)]</p><p>Swashbuckler-  Dexter's Flamboyant Series of Strikes [ 10 sec self buff. 2 min recast. <b>Increases base damage of combat arts.  Each successive strike reduces the bonus of the next combat art</b>. (35% bonus for 1st combat art and 5% less bonus for each combat art following it till the bonus is gone.  aka 7th and final combat art receives a 5% bonus.)]</p><p>Brigand-  Juvier's Insidious Strike [Single target debuff, 35 sec duration, 1 sec cast, 1 min recast. -<b>While under this effect each successful combat art completed by target decreases own physical mitigation by 700.  Maximum mitigation debuffed by this effect is 4500</b>]</p><p>Troubador-  Ellin's Magical Enhancement [Single target buff, 1min duration, after buff expires target is immune to receiving this buff again for 3 minutes, 2sec cast, 1min recast - <b>Enhancement cast on group or raid member that increases base damage of spells by 40% and increases spell crit chance by 50% for 3 hostile spells</b>]</p><p>Dirge- Dimitri's Raging Insanity [Single target buff, 13s duration, after buff expires target is immune to receiving buff again for 3 minutes, 2 sec cast, 1 min recast, targets limited to fighter or scout only- <b>Target loses complete control of their character for duration of buff.  DPS and Haste increased by 75. Melee Crit chance increasd by 45%.  Increases double attack chance in primary and off hand by 35%.  Melee proc average 6 times per minute (Dimitri's Raging Blow 350-650 Disease Damage).  -If scout class, each melee attack decreases threat by 200.  -If fighter class, each melee attack increases threat by 250.  Small chance for character to attack allies (roughly 2.5%</b>)]</p><p>(I'll edit in more as I have time and come up with ideas)</p>

Skua
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Hypothetically speaking of course.  Everyone seems to think they could do a better job of running the game so here is your chance.  If you were an EQ2 Game Dev and you were given the task to come up with one original spell or combat art for each class at level 75 with the coming Kunark expansion... what spells/combat arts would you give each class?  You are in the drivers seat so it's your job to decide what is balanced.  If you don't want to spend time coming up with 24 abilities then at least come up with one for your primary class.  I would also recommend coming up with ideas before reading others so you have a better chance of coming up with something original.  Here's my list:</p><p>Guardian- Ultimate Defense - doubles mitigation for 2 mins ?</p><p>Berserker- Ultimate Attack - doubles attack for 2 mins <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Paladin- Holy shock , used on enemy smite them for 4k , used on friend targets heal them for 5k?</p><p>Shadowknight- Shadowburn - inflicts massive disease dmg healing 50% </p><p>Monk- Dragon - [I cannot control my vocabulary] monk into a dragon for 2 min , atttack speed x2</p><p>Bruiser- shapeshift bruiser into a ????- dps mod x2</p><p>Templar- </p><p>Inquisitor- </p><p>Fury- </p><p>Warden-</p><p>Mystic-</p><p>Defiler-</p><p>Wizard- Sunfreze - Fire / ice nuke </p><p>Warlock- Big bang - nuff said lol</p><p>Illusionist- STOP - stop time for 10 seconds ? </p><p>Coercer- DIRE charm?</p><p>Conjurer- Epic pet - ultimate dps pet Cool looking please please necros are geting cool pets (look wise) a drake in flames? </p><p>Necromancer- Epic pet too or shapeshift into death/demon (wings included =D) *** Let summoners equip pets (pets are rougly 50% of dps , but pets dont scale with gear since pets dont wear gear at all) </p><p>Assassin- Cloak of shadows - double dmg in the next 5 hits ? =D </p><p>Ranger- Seider's Extreme Bow Assault [Single Target Attack, 3 sec cast, 1 min recast. <b>75 meter range attack for approx 3000 to 7000 damage.  Must have bow equipped.</b> (approx double range of long bow)] <<<< agree <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Swashbuckler- my main class hard .......will edit later =D </p><p>Brigand-  Juvier's Insidious Strike [Single target debuff, 35 sec duration, 1 sec cast, 1 min recast. -<b>While under this effect each successful combat art completed by target decreases own physical mitigation by 700.  Maximum mitigation debuffed by this effect is 4500</b>] Troubador-  Ellin's Magical Enhancement [Single target buff, 1min duration, after buff expires target is immune to receiving this buff again for 3 minutes, 2sec cast, 1min recast - <b>Enhancement cast on group or raid member that increases base damage of spells by 40% and increases spell crit chance by 50% for 3 hostile spells</b>]<<<< Agree</p><p>Dirge- Dimitri's Raging Insanity [Single target buff, 13s duration, after buff expires target is immune to receiving buff again for 3 minutes, 2 sec cast, 1 min recast, targets limited to fighter or scout only- <b>Target loses complete control of their character for duration of buff.  DPS and Haste increased by 75. Melee Crit chance increasd by 45%.  Increases double attack chance in primary and off hand by 35%.  Melee proc average 6 times per minute (Dimitri's Raging Blow 350-650 Disease Damage).  -If scout class, each melee attack decreases threat by 200.  -If fighter class, each melee attack increases threat by 250.  Small chance for character to attack allies (roughly 2.5%</b>)]</p><p>(I'll edit in more as I have time and come up with ideas)</p></blockquote> gogogo we need more ideas =D

Mirander_1
06-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok, how 'bout this: Wizard- Blast Back:  quick-casting AOE that knocks back all enemies in melee range, and stuns for a few seconds.  Long enough for the wizard to get off a root, or put some space between him and the mob.

roces9
06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
<p>Just the first thing I came up with:</p><p>Troub- <b><u>Sustaining Sonnet  </u></b>Group AoE (upgradeable to raidwide with AAs) that heals the power of all players within range by 25%. 2sec casting, 2 min recast.</p> Got some more now: Troubador Balin's Bolstering Bolero- Increases all group members offensive casting, healing and focus skills by 10% and increases spell DPS by 30% 5sec casting 30 second duration 5 minute recast. Does not stack with PoTM Afif's Stunning Sonnet Stuns target for 15 seconds. On termination stiffles and roots the target for 5 seconds and inceases it's hate to its current target by 500. 1.5 second casting 2.5 minute recast Does not effect Epic targets. Laro's Consuming Concerto On Termination, target is immune to the spell for 5 minutes. Transfers 10% of the Troub's max power instantly and 2% every tick to Group or Raid friend. Troub recieves a 30% boost to auto-attack damage a 50% chance to Melee Crit and 15% haste while spell is maintained. Caster is stunned for 5 seconds on termination. Instant casting, 2 minute recast Dirge Firey Blades Group AoE Increases Melee skills (crushing, slashing, piercing etc) by 10% and adds a 500dmg fire proc landing 1.2x per minute. Lasts at least 25 seconds and duration is increased by 1second per every 2k group DPS (excluding the afore mentioned fire proc) with a maximum duration of 45 seconds. 5 minute recast does not stack with CoB

Zard
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
<p><b>Illusionist</b> - <u>Create Illusion</u>: Cast an illusion on yourself that resembles the targetted or closest, if none targetted, object</p><p>Seriously, just about every other class has unique illusions or can use a petrified eye or totem to create more illusions that Illusionists can.  <img src="/smilies/c30b4198e0907b23b8246bdd52aa1c3c.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p><b>Shadowknight</b> - <u>Sacrifice Ally</u>: Kill a member of your party or raid to transfer remaining health and gain a short duration but uber buff.</p><p><b>Inquisitor</b> - <u>Grovel</u>: Force a enemy encounter to their knees (or ground), effectively stunning them, but generating increased threat.</p><p><b>Fury</b> - <u>Cyclone</u>: Sustained PBAE (blue) knockback (and down) that continually drains power. If enemies approach while cyclone is active they get knocked back (and down). If the Fury casts or move the spell effect is cancelled.</p><p><b>Templar</b> - <u>Divine Shield</u>: Short duration but invulnerable PBAE shield; like Fury ability but trading knockback for invulnerability and limited by time not power</p><p><b>Assassin</b> - <b>Shadow Step</b>: Short-ranged teleport + Stealth + Deaggro. Assassin casts, teleports short distance staight ahead but ends up stealthed and loses threat</p><p>Ooh, this is fun. Will add more later since we're just dreaming here.  <img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

iceriven2
06-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Wizard- <i><b>Disintegrating  blast- </b></i>creates a tear with in reality, for 20 sec all damaging spells casted by the wizard is absorbed by this black hole.  Once the timer runs out the tear blows apart and nukes a single target for  all the damaged absorbed as one nuke.   Since it acts as a "dumb fire" pet all hate associated with the blast dies with it. Warden-<i><b>Tree Form</b></i>- Warden changes all players with there grp into a tree for 1 minute.  All resists except fire is increase to just below what bards can provide on there buff.   Also provides tree regeneration, a small HoT is proced off of any hostile spell or attack.  Warlock- <i><b>Void Distortion</b><b> blast- </b></i>creates a tear with in reality, for 20 sec all damaging spells casted by the Warlock is absorbed by this tear to the void.  Once the timer runs out the tear blows apart and nukes all remaining mobs in the encounter for  all the damaged absorbed. It is spread evenly to each  mob with in the encounter.  Aoe's are usable, Damage added to the final aoe is determined by which nuke is casted and how many mobs are in the encounter when casted as well.  Since it acts as a "dumb fire" pet all hate associated with the blast dies with it.

Lornick
06-07-2007, 01:17 AM
<cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Ok, how 'bout this: Wizard- Blast Back:  quick-casting AOE that knocks back all enemies in melee range, and stuns for a few seconds.  Long enough for the wizard to get off a root, or put some space between him and the mob. </blockquote> There is a level 55 Warlock spell that has a very close effect to this.  Null Caress - AE threat decrease + teleports mobs AE to random locations and snares them briefly.

Rokaab
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
<p>Hang on, how come the poor old dirge is the only one that can go wrong???</p><p>And horribly wrong as well since apparently the player loses control of what he/she tragets by the sounds of things.</p><p>Edit: ok, the necro's may go wrong as well, I'd accidently missed that bit.</p>

Bromir
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
<p>warden - Group Sow ( but hey i want it at lvl 18 can i still post here <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />)</p><p>Yours</p><p>Brorim</p>

MysidiaDrakkenbane
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
<p>Warden - "Nature's Last Stand". It sort of works like our Hierophant line. Stuns the caster, but gives the recipient a significant strength buff and an HoT to get your tank out of hot water. </p><p>I'd also LOVE to see these EQ1 spells make it to the Warden spell list:</p><p>Protection of the Nine, Spirit of Eagle, Nature's Might, More ports.</p><p>Give us back our cures before the nerfage. </p><p>For those who want to feel nostalgic, give back the game GEMS, but add a new 2 player twist. Play for in game money against another player. Downtime during raids? Waiting for group members to show up? No problem. Fire up GEMS and play the 1 player version just like in EQ1. </p><p>You have the option to turn on SOGA models, I'd give the same thing for horses. I miss my chunky butt horse. Granted, if someone else had the model turned on, they'd see my spindly legged pony, but at least I can see my war horse.</p><p>Different armor options for horses - now Druids, Monks, and Shaman can rejoice! Why should your mount wear plate when you don't? NO LONGER! Furs, leathers, and TRIBAL PAINT options are available to those who go the lighter route in wearing armor.</p><p>Karnor's Castle - New Raid Zone. </p><p>Crypt of Dalnir - New Raid Zone. (With option for a less harder version for instance)</p><p>Kurn's Tower - New Instance.</p><p>City of Mist - (God, I loved this zone) Raid with less harder option for instance</p><p>Chardok: Halls of Betrayal - Inside zone with contested content. </p><p>Heritage Quests: Shield of Bane Warding, Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate, </p>

Skua
06-07-2007, 10:32 AM
New shapeshift options Bear cub for Shamans <----  /cry i miss it Wolverine for Wardens ect

MysidiaDrakkenbane
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd settle for a black wolf form. We have our Timbre Wolves, our White Arctic... I want a black one. And the bear cub was the Druid pet, which I would LOVE to have again, but it would totally throw out the balancing worse than what it is.

Themaginator
06-07-2007, 01:44 PM
if i were a Dev id hate everyone on these forums...oh wait oh yeah and id give Conjurors more cool abilities and some awesome pet models

Lornick
06-07-2007, 03:01 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>Hang on, how come the poor old dirge is the only one that can go wrong???</p><p>And horribly wrong as well since apparently the player loses control of what he/she tragets by the sounds of things.</p><p>Edit: ok, the necro's may go wrong as well, I'd accidently missed that bit.</p></blockquote><p>Couple things.  I assume you're refering to my list since I didn't see any other dirge ideas posted yet.  First, it's just my list of suggestions/ideas.  Feel free to post your ideas if you have any better ones.  Second, speaking as a dirge I think it would be pretty sweet to have that buff.  Dirges sing songs of hate so the idea of singing a song so full of rage that it turns someone insane appeals to me.  While under the effects of that buff the player would be a dps monster.  But I believe in a sense of balance.  If there is high reward then there should be high risk.  Hence the chance for the player to break mezzes, run across the room and aggro another group of mobs, or even attack an ally.  Even the rare wipe caused by the swashbuckler killing the group healer would make for a memorable and amusing event.</p><p>As for the necromancer, well it is kinda blurring the lines to give them a coercer-like charm spell.  It would be different, but it's similar enough that I think increasing the risk factor for the necromancer would be warranted.  If the necromancer used it solo, it would pretty much guarantee his/her death.  If the necromancer used it in a group then he/she better hope the group tank has rescue up and is paying attention cause that's about the only thing in the world that would save them.  But again, high risk, high reward.  Some of those charmed pets are insane and if it was used in the right group then it'd definately be worth using imho.  But like I say, just a players suggestions.  Make a few of your own. </p>

LordPazuzu
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
<p><b>Monk: Higher Ascension-</b> Monk temporarily ascends to a higher state of existance.  For the duration of the ability, all incoming attacks and spells are avoided and all melee attacks made by the monk are guaranteed to land with an increased critical hit chance and a stun effect on a successful critical.  The duration would be short- 30secs-1minute and the recharge time would be one game day.</p><p><b>Bruiser: [Removed for Content] Please-</b> For a limited time the bruiser blocks are successfully ripostes every incoming attack.  Casts an AoE knockback on termination.</p><p><b>Wizard: Alter Plane: Hate- </b>Muwahahahahahahaha!!!!!</p>

Skua
06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>As for the necromancer, well it is kinda blurring the lines to give them a coercer-like charm spell.  It would be different, but it's similar enough that I think increasing the risk factor for the necromancer would be warranted.  If the necromancer used it solo, it would pretty much guarantee his/her death.  If the necromancer used it in a group then he/she better hope the group tank has rescue up and is paying attention cause that's about the only thing in the world that would save them.  But again, high risk, high reward.  Some of those charmed pets are insane and if it was used in the right group then it'd definately be worth using imho.  But like I say, just a players suggestions.  Make a few of your own. </p></blockquote>ehm....necros have Charm .....charm undead lvl 55 spell =/  .....and surprise 1 CONC SLOT ONLY .......

Lornick
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
<cite>SkuaII wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>As for the necromancer, well it is kinda blurring the lines to give them a coercer-like charm spell.  It would be different, but it's similar enough that I think increasing the risk factor for the necromancer would be warranted.  If the necromancer used it solo, it would pretty much guarantee his/her death.  If the necromancer used it in a group then he/she better hope the group tank has rescue up and is paying attention cause that's about the only thing in the world that would save them.  But again, high risk, high reward.  Some of those charmed pets are insane and if it was used in the right group then it'd definately be worth using imho.  But like I say, just a players suggestions.  Make a few of your own. </p></blockquote>ehm....necros have Charm .....charm undead lvl 55 spell =/  .....and surprise 1 CONC SLOT ONLY ....... </blockquote>I know necromancers have charm undead at 55.  Basically control undeath is more of a crowd control spell then an actual pet however.  Plus it is limited to undead.  If you read what I posted the ability I mentioned for necromancers would allow them to charm anything a coercer could, but they would have to kill the target first and rez them as a pet afterwards.  It would also require that the necro doesn't have a current pet and would effectively replace their primary pet.  So it's an entirely different ability then control undead.... aww, forget it.  It doesn't matter anyway.

Mirander_1
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Ok, how 'bout this: Wizard- Blast Back:  quick-casting AOE that knocks back all enemies in melee range, and stuns for a few seconds.  Long enough for the wizard to get off a root, or put some space between him and the mob. </blockquote> There is a level 55 Warlock spell that has a very close effect to this.  Null Caress - AE threat decrease + teleports mobs AE to random locations and snares them briefly. </blockquote>Ah, good to know <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.  Here's another Wizzy idea then: Spear of the Burning Prince: Self-only.  Summons a spear of fire into the Wizard's hands.   Greatly buffs melee stats and debuffs casting stats, allowing the wizard to go into a sorta melee-DPS mode for the spell's duration.

Zabjade
06-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Creat a zone that goes from 1 to 80 the deeper you go into the zone, a found piece of Luclin full of undead shoppers and sale-beings who will offer you overpiced goods while trying to kill you. The Epics are in an arena at the far end. <img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Maryk
06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
<p>Very parochially...Templars/Priests should have a spell that makes them immune to agro...as long as they don't do combat.  This would offset the fact that we are the weakest Melee/DPS toon in the game.   Maybe this could be one of the Blessings we get from our dieties. </p><p>Historically...priests and medics were normally off limits during battle.  A church was a sanctuary where one could seek refuge...and not be harmed.   You were not to target hospitals...at least you weren't supposed to.  </p><p>But once one initiates combat or is part of a group that does...all bets are off.  </p>

Theren
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
<p>For the classes I actually play</p><p>Paladin - Arcane Faith  Effectively a Mana flow to group that either costs a large amount of power or completely drains the Paladin of his power for say 30 - 50% ally power 15 minute recast for balance with nerf bat on the way after complaints</p><p>             - Display of Valor  Group defense buff that costs the Paladin Offensive abilities Caster gains increased block and avoidance. temporary buff. Costs roughly 50% of offensive abilities.</p><p>            - Faithful Benediction and all following Defensive Stances will receive an increase to block at the cost of 25% of the Wisdom increase. (reason being that If AA specced right guards have buffs from the line to up block and other defensive abilities. Since Paladins are the more defensive crusader they receive the same ability to take the hits dished out.</p><p>LOVE the sacrifice ally spell, little add on may be to make it like a Duel Death where your armor goes undamaged difference would be is that you are dead and will not get back up in a few seconds =)</p><p>Guardian - Never Say Die   self buff  Caster refuses to Die, while active (25 second duration long recast) target can not be killed. Upon termination casts Endurant Salvation, Heals caster for 75% of max health Shapechanges caster into a Golem (Tank Pet w/ Plane shift look) and receive an increase to worn armor by 50% for 15 seconds.</p><p>                - Keep it up/Scape Goat(what ever name works)   temporary buff    Caster prevents any hate gain from target group for duration of spell (15s) recast is 5 minutes. [Uses: Cast on mage group prior to Mem wipe style raid mobs where the thin skinned casters will be easily killed.] If used on group with caster effects do not effect the caster.</p><p> Berserker  -Onslaught of the Vehement    AoE attack   Duration 15-30s Caster goes absolutely Blood Crazy and begins to attack all enemies in the area. (AoE auto-attack) Caster has a small chance to turn to each enemy and Trigger Onslaught--Hits Target for 150-230, 345-450, and 460-1,000 (Ad1 rank) basically you auto face a seperate target (or it procs on your current target) and begin to autoattack and proc Onslaught on it.</p><p>Just some random idears lets keep this topic going =)</p>

Mithru
06-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Open up the outdoor zones. EQ2's outdoor zones feel too much like dungeons with no ceiling. You are constantly being walled off and forced to journey along a path. It's like they did Antonica and Commonlands and then decided that people just had too much freedom. Also, get rid of the bells and open up the sea!

LordPazuzu
06-10-2007, 07:07 PM
<cite>Mithrull wrote:</cite><blockquote>Open up the outdoor zones. EQ2's outdoor zones feel too much like dungeons with no ceiling. You are constantly being walled off and forced to journey along a path. It's like they did Antonica and Commonlands and then decided that people just had too much freedom. Also, get rid of the bells and open up the sea! </blockquote> Agree 100%!

Zabjade
06-12-2007, 06:26 AM
<p>I also agree they also need to make climbable areas in the older world zones an create secret hard to reach areas with nice solo/group/raid hunting.</p><p>Bring back the Beastlord <b><u>but be sure to balance it first</u></b>. I doubt Iksar, Barbarian, Ogre, and Troll beastlords went to Luclin like the Vah Shir ones. I'd probably bring it back as a Brawler or a Brawler prestige (For lack of a better term) class.</p>

backtostart
06-14-2007, 06:32 AM
<p>Guardian is my main class, what they guard i dont know? They seem to be the most worthless class that no one typicaly wants on raids.</p><p>I would give them some kind of resistance boost ability far better then any other class and across the board on resistances also since guardians have some of the worst dps of any class and they are a warrior fighting class lol.</p><p>Any ways i know this is off the subject but i would make an expansion that was completely under water with new races. The underwater races would not be able to breath for long on land and any spell could be easily dispelled. You could have 2 games going on at once with land toons and underwater toon crossing paths once inawhile. At the same time this could use the vast amount of wasted space that are the oceans of norath.</p><p>Just an idea i have had since the eq1 days. It would be new and original.</p>

Rhym
06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Brigand - Debilitating Trap : The Brigand places a hidden trap , once the trap triggers by a mob or multiple mobs the trap roots and starts draining their Physical Mitigation by 400 instantly and every 4sec for 20sec while the effect is active the Brigands physical mit  is reduced by 1500 Cast instant , Recast 5min Brigand - Bleeding Whirl : Area Effect DoT hits up to 8 targets and instantly inflicts 1500 dmg and 400 dmg every 5sec for 25sec it also decreases 150 threat instantly and every 5sec for the duration the spell is active Warden - Kaktus Wrath Calls a nature ally in form of a big cactus that starts to throw its needles after every mob surrounding the Warden , Needles hit the first target for 300 dmg ´for each mob they hit dmg increases the base dmg of needles by 70  Duration  1min  needle rain on mobs goes off every 4sec every slain mob increases the Wardens allies attack speed and dps by 3% Necromancer<b> - Cerberus Necromancer calls a hellhound from the depths of the Underworld that converts every mob in an encounter except the active target into undead being that starts draining life from the active target , once the active target is slain the hellhound returns with all drained lifepoints Zombies turn back into normal mobs and the hellhound sets Breath of the Underworld free all remaining mobs in the encounter get hit  for the max life drained points the hellhound has drained before Wizard - Breath of the Pheonix The Wizard calls a bird consisting of pure magical energy that hits the active for target for a huge amount of dmg to gain the targets attention while auto resurrecting fallen allys for 10sec , 15min recast timer Illusionist - Light of Keen The Illusionist creates a powerful Light that distracts all mobs around the Illusionists party also a significant amount of damage is dealt to all mobs Coercer - Phase Displacement The Coercer shifts his party into another plane of existance all mobs cant hit party allies for a short duration while party allies still able to attack mobs from the other plane of existance, the Coercer is completley stunned for the full duration of the spell since he needs to all his concentration to keep his party out of Phase Fury - Diluvian The Fury calls a huge wave that flushs all mobs away in a front arc of the Fury , the spell stuns for a short duration deals dmg to all mobs which are hitand party members will be healed by 3% of max hp for every drowned mob Guardian - Iron Curtain The Guardian creates an Iron Curtain that deflects all kind of spells </b>

Rhym
06-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I agree to <b><span style="color: #3333ff">backtostart</span></b> it would be kickass to  have a underwater world  with  some  Atlantis like cities  created by a  Alien  Race  come on devs we had Aliens in eq1 and we want Aliens in eq2 so just combine that leave us alone with a moon adventure zone and give us a powerful Alien Race that threatens Norrath no we dont need Phasers evil Motherships and sharks with laserbeams attached to their head We were once visited by Aliens in eq1 lets dig out a Race that has landed aeons ago on Norrath and let them awake and if possible like thousand times mentionend in underwater cities , make em kinda Ori(Stargate) like  so they  can gain influence  on the world  of norrath  and battle the gods so the gods will need the help of the brave citizens of norrath to challenge them You can let also open a portal to hell or just some crazy mage from the past shatters the universe and opens the gate for Shadowman and we finally figure out what they are doing in Norrath could be an Invasion like scenario all cities under siege by em and the only way to get rid of em is a visit in their dimension and destroy their inner sanctum etc

Lornick
06-16-2007, 01:32 AM
<cite>Rhymez wrote:</cite><blockquote><b> Illusionist - Light of Keen The Illusionist creates a powerful Light that <i>distracts all mobs</i> around the Illusionists party also a significant amount of damage is dealt to all mobs </b></blockquote> That's a cool list of ideas Rhymez.  My question is what exactly does "distract all mobs" mean?  I'm assuming it's a control effect of some type.  mez? fear? stun? daze? silence? or did you have something new and unique in mind?  Good stuff though.  What duration/recast would you put on those abilities?

quamdar
06-16-2007, 05:04 AM
<cite>SkuaII wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>As for the necromancer, well it is kinda blurring the lines to give them a coercer-like charm spell.  It would be different, but it's similar enough that I think increasing the risk factor for the necromancer would be warranted.  If the necromancer used it solo, it would pretty much guarantee his/her death.  If the necromancer used it in a group then he/she better hope the group tank has rescue up and is paying attention cause that's about the only thing in the world that would save them.  But again, high risk, high reward.  Some of those charmed pets are insane and if it was used in the right group then it'd definately be worth using imho.  But like I say, just a players suggestions.  Make a few of your own. </p></blockquote>ehm....necros have Charm .....charm undead lvl 55 spell =/  .....and surprise 1 CONC SLOT ONLY ....... </blockquote>control undeath doesn't use any concentration slots.

mamasan
06-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I would give the community a couple servers they could set up the way they want. Addons and mods would be possible, given the quality is good. I miss the flavor of Neverwinter Nights servers, something for everyone be it RPer or powerleveler.

Lornick
06-16-2007, 08:02 PM
<cite>mamasan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I would give the community a couple servers they could set up the way they want. Addons and mods would be possible, given the quality is good. I miss the flavor of Neverwinter Nights servers, something for everyone be it RPer or powerleveler.</blockquote>That's a cool idea, but SOE would definately have to do some quality control checks and just pick the top couple entries each month to implement.  I'd play on that server for sure to see how it turned out.

Zabjade
06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
<p>[moved]</p><p>Oops that was supposed to go in the marketing thread heh</p>

Themaginator
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I'd delete the forums then remake them where all post were locked and posts could only be made by devs except in certain non-gameplay discussing areas such as NGD, Fan Art, Sigs, Lore Boards...boards like that.  Then i would have those boards heavily moderated so they HAD to stay on topic. Any flame war about gameplay would be immediately deleted.  OH and there would also be test forums only accessible by EQ2 testers, Test Updates would still be available to the public but only those actually testing it get to talk about it.  I'd be a very unpopular dev bwahahahaha.

Lornick
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I'd delete the forums then remake them where all post were locked and posts could only be made by devs except in certain non-gameplay discussing areas such as NGD, Fan Art, Sigs, Lore Boards...boards like that.  Then i would have those boards heavily moderated so they HAD to stay on topic. Any flame war about gameplay would be immediately deleted.  OH and there would also be test forums only accessible by EQ2 testers, Test Updates would still be available to the public but only those actually testing it get to talk about it.  I'd be a very unpopular dev bwahahahaha. </blockquote> An odd choice from someone who apparently likes to post on these forums...

Glamourpuss
06-17-2007, 12:42 AM
<p>Wheee!</p><p>How about;</p><p>BERZERKER - <b>Over-Reaction</b>:  Self-buff, high recurrent power cost.  The berzerker gains a 3% chance with every hostile attack received to have all recast timers on abilities that cause damage to be dropped for 30 seconds.   </p><p>ILLUSIONIST - <b>Whizzfazzle's Mask of Confusion</b>:  Single target buff, 1 minute duration, 3 minute recast.  The illusionist causes a dazzling mask to appear over an ally's face, reducing a mob's attack, defence and casting capabilities by 25% with a 4% chance that the Mask will cause the mob to simply freeze from confusion.  The illusionist is rooted for the duration of the spell.</p><p>TEMPLAR - <b>Divine Light</b>:  Single target buff, high recurrent power cost.  The target is surrounded by a divine glow and has a 10% chance with every damage spell or attack landed vs. undead to liquify the mob, sending it back to the hell it came from.  </p><p>INQUISITOR - <b>Fateful Choice</b>:  Instant Rez, 30 minute recast.  The inquisitor gains the power to transfer a fighter or healer's death to another character, with a full heal and no rez sickness.</p><p>FURY - <b>The Perfect Storm</b>:  Group DoT, 45 second duration, 3 minute recast.  The fury summons a savage storm to attack a grouped encounter, causing 800-900 hps damage per tick, plus slow the target encounter by 60% with a 5% chance per tick to slip and fall in the driving rains.</p><p>WARDEN - <b>Leaf Guard</b>:  Group HoT, 1 minute duration, 5 minute recast.  The warden summons a spinning wall of leaves around the group which converts a percentage of damage done to the wall into a group heal.  The amount healed decreases from 100-20% with every hit of the wall across the duration of the spell.  The warden pays a recurring power cost. </p><p>SWASHBUCKLER - <b>Hoster's Light Fingers</b>:  AOE effect, 45 minute recast.  The swashy performs a dazzling series of spins and flips, stunning a grouped encounter for 30 seconds and loots a random item from the mob's loot table, which is then lotto'd by the swashy's group.</p><p>TROUBADOR <b>- Standing Ovation</b>:  AOE effect, 10 second duration, 7 minute recast.  The troubador performs a powerful song stunning a grouped encounter, and causing them to transfer 25% of their power pool to the troubador's group (with a 2% chance for the word <i>troubadour</i> to be spelt correctly in any in-game messages for 10 minutes duration!).  </p>

Glamourpuss
06-17-2007, 03:40 AM
<p>GUARDIAN - <b>Shield Wall</b>:  1 minute duration, 10 minute recast, requires a kite or tower shield.  The guardian slams their shield into the ground, causing it to quadruple in size.  The shield absorbs 100% of all physical damage, but the guardian is rooted and cannot melee.  Can be toggled off.</p><p>MONK - <b>Monkey Magic</b>:  1 minute/30 second duration, 5 minute recast.  The monk summons mystical replicas of their equipped weapoons which they are able to wield with their feet while still fighting with their hands, in effect gaining two extra attacks for the duration of the spell.     </p><p>WIZARD - <b>Heart of Ice</b>:  DD, 15 minute recast.  The wizard causes a target's heart to freeze solid inflicting 7000k damage with a 4% chance of causing instant death. </p><p>NECROMANCER - <b>Poltergeist</b>:  DoT, 1 minute duration, 5 minute recast.  The necro summons up an awful spirit which throws rocks, boulders, etc at a target causing 1000k dmg per tick, with a 15% chance per tick to fear target for 20 seconds.</p>

Themaginator
06-17-2007, 03:58 AM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I'd delete the forums then remake them where all post were locked and posts could only be made by devs except in certain non-gameplay discussing areas such as NGD, Fan Art, Sigs, Lore Boards...boards like that.  Then i would have those boards heavily moderated so they HAD to stay on topic. Any flame war about gameplay would be immediately deleted.  OH and there would also be test forums only accessible by EQ2 testers, Test Updates would still be available to the public but only those actually testing it get to talk about it.  I'd be a very unpopular dev bwahahahaha. </blockquote> An odd choice from someone who apparently likes to post on these forums...</blockquote>its a love hate relationship LOL

Noaani
06-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Lornick wrote: <blockquote>Guardian- An AE combat art that increases threat for the guardian by 500 every second, for 15 seconds. <p>Berserker- A self buff that makes the bezerker immune to physical attacks for 12 seconds, but loses 1000 hate per second, and can not auto attack or use combat arts while it is active. Roots the bezerker for the duration.</p><p>Paladin-  Raid wide heal for 1000 HP per member of the raid, with a 2 minute duration non regenerating ward for another 1000, 15 minute recast.</p><p>Shadowknight- Raid wide buff that will proc off any melee or spell attack that gives a small lifetap. 10% chance to proc, ~100 damage/healing per proc. </p><p>Monk-  </p><p>Bruiser- </p><p>Templar- </p><p>Inquisitor-  1 second casting, 3 second recast group heal for 600 HP, but uses ~500 power per cast (would be the most in-effecient heal in the game).</p><p>Fury- Singele target spell dealing equal amounts of heat and cold damage over time to the target, and healing the targets target for a portion of that amount.</p><p>Warden- Single target (not able to be cast on the warden), in group only buff that is a guarenteed stoneskin on the next incoming attack. Increases the wardens hate position by 24. 5 minute recast.</p><p>Mystic- </p><p>Defiler- Sacrifices the defilers own life for that of a fallen target. The target is revived at full HP and power, no rez sickness, and the defiler is hit for 200% max HP.</p><p>Wizard- Sinlge target spell that deals 7,000 - 12,000 damage, and reduces hate to the wizard by double the amount. 5 minute recast.</p><p>Warlock- Encounter wide spell that deals 700 - 1,200 damage per second for 5 seconds to the encounter, and reduces hate to the warlock for double that amount. 5 minute recast</p><p>Illusionist- Freezes time for the illusionists group/raid, and all mobs with any hate toward the illusionist. Lasts 10 seconds, any spells cast during this time will not take effect until the duration is over.</p><p>Coercer- Raid wide buff that will trigger off any spell or melee attack that triggers a small power drain. 10% chance to proc, ~100 power drained and returned to the caster/attacker per proc (make power drains useful!).</p><p>Conjurer-  </p><p>Necromancer- Summons a single imobile undead being that taunts the target encounter increasing its thread position by 24, has 10,000,000 HP, and a duration of 8 seconds. This will basically distract the encounter for 8 seconds, at the end of that duration the necromancer will automatically be at the top of the hate list.</p><p>Assassin- </p><p>Ranger- Singel target ranged DoT that deals ~1000 damage per second, for 8 seconds.</p><p>Swashbuckler-  </p><p>Brigand-  </p><p>Troubador- Temporary group buff that increases crit chance by 15% and casting speed by 15% on spells only.</p><p>Dirge- Temporary group buff that increases crit chance by 15% and casting speed by 15% on combat arts only.</p></blockquote>

Rhym
06-17-2007, 08:17 PM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Rhymez wrote:</cite><blockquote><b> Illusionist - Light of Keen The Illusionist creates a powerful Light that <i>distracts all mobs</i> around the Illusionists party also a significant amount of damage is dealt to all mobs </b></blockquote> That's a cool list of ideas Rhymez.  My question is what exactly does "distract all mobs" mean?  I'm assuming it's a control effect of some type.  mez? fear? stun? daze? silence? or did you have something new and unique in mind?  Good stuff though.  What duration/recast would you put on those abilities? <b>Was kinda thinking about let them start fighting vs each other while under the effect what Enchanters really miss is a spell that makes 2+ mobs fighting vs each other so would be charm like stunning and stifling is nice but i find that kinda boring i would love to see something like this in the game Gardener in EH does have this already why shouldnt an Echanter dont have it ? </b></blockquote>

Lornick
06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
<cite>Glamourpuss wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>GUARDIAN - <b>Shield Wall</b>:  1 minute duration, 10 minute recast, requires a kite or tower shield.  The guardian slams their shield into the ground, causing it to quadruple in size.  The shield absorbs 100% of all physical damage, but the guardian is rooted and cannot melee.  Can be toggled off.</p><p>MONK - <b>Monkey Magic</b>:  1 minute/30 second duration, 5 minute recast.  The monk summons mystical replicas of their equipped weapoons which they are able to wield with their feet while still fighting with their hands, in effect gaining two extra attacks for the duration of the spell.     </p><p>WIZARD - <b>Heart of Ice</b>:  DD, 15 minute recast.  The wizard causes a target's heart to freeze solid inflicting <b><i><span style="color: #cc0033">7000k damage</span></i></b> with a 4% chance of causing instant death. </p><p>NECROMANCER - <b>Poltergeist</b>:  DoT, 1 minute duration, 5 minute recast.  The necro summons up an awful spirit which throws rocks, boulders, etc at a target causing 1000k dmg per tick, with a 15% chance per tick to fear target for 20 seconds.</p></blockquote>Those are some nice ideas Glamourpuss.  One thing though... You do realize that 7000k damage = 7,000,000 damage right?  The "k" stand for "kilo" which is a prefix for 1,000.  Like kilogram = 1,000 grams.  Pretty sure you meant 7k damage =p  Good stuff though, I think that monk one is really creative.

Glamourpuss
06-18-2007, 06:53 AM
<cite>Lornick wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Glamourpuss wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>GUARDIAN - <b>Shield Wall</b>:  1 minute duration, 10 minute recast, requires a kite or tower shield.  The guardian slams their shield into the ground, causing it to quadruple in size.  The shield absorbs 100% of all physical damage, but the guardian is rooted and cannot melee.  Can be toggled off.</p><p>MONK - <b>Monkey Magic</b>:  1 minute/30 second duration, 5 minute recast.  The monk summons mystical replicas of their equipped weapoons which they are able to wield with their feet while still fighting with their hands, in effect gaining two extra attacks for the duration of the spell.     </p><p>WIZARD - <b>Heart of Ice</b>:  DD, 15 minute recast.  The wizard causes a target's heart to freeze solid inflicting <b><i><span style="color: #cc0033">7000k damage</span></i></b> with a 4% chance of causing instant death. </p><p>NECROMANCER - <b>Poltergeist</b>:  DoT, 1 minute duration, 5 minute recast.  The necro summons up an awful spirit which throws rocks, boulders, etc at a target causing 1000k dmg per tick, with a 15% chance per tick to fear target for 20 seconds.</p></blockquote>Those are some nice ideas Glamourpuss.  One thing though... You do realize that 7000k damage = 7,000,000 damage right?  The "k" stand for "kilo" which is a prefix for 1,000.  Like kilogram = 1,000 grams.  Pretty sure you meant 7k damage =p  Good stuff though, I think that monk one is really creative. </blockquote>Oops!  Hehehe, I did mean 7k.  I was worried people would think the Monkey Magic one was silly.  Glad you liked it <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> 

Jesters
07-18-2007, 07:52 AM
<p>well since there is such a nice format here ill just edit that one lol</p><p>Paladin- divine path- frontal aoe deals 3k with 500-600 every second for 5 seconds stuns targets in range for 3 seconds heals group members for 300 every second for 10 seconds(3k heal in total)</p><p>Monk- Army of the Hidden fist - summons little mini monks that look the same as you only the size of the brownies in Lesser faydark lol does mederate damage </p><p>Bruiser- flying fist - knocks target back 15 meters, after 3 seconds caster gets ported to the target next hit is doubled</p><p>Templar- running prayer- raw heal for 10k that you can cast on the move</p><p>Fury- Ring of ice(hehe)- same thing as ring of fire but it snares for 60% and does half the damage in ice...</p><p>Warlock- netherworld draft- summons a vvv pet that mimics your moves on your target at 15% damage no conc slot...(can deal any type of damage IE you get a nightblood punk...deals crushing or something rather than poison and what not)</p><p>Illusionist- </p><p>Coercer- scare- fears target for 10 seconds stuns target for 5 seconds on termination</p><p>Conjurer- Epic pet - ultimate dps pet Cool looking please please necros are geting cool pets (look wise) a drake in flames? <-- love this one too much to change lol</p><p>Necromancer-????- a buff on main pet that increased dps/attack speed/spell crit and melee crit by 50% last 20 seconds pet dies on termination..no pet can be summoned for 10 seconds </p><p>Assassin- boot knife- auto casts when caster parries... deals about 5x as much the lunge reversal 1 conc slot =) (as it is only parry)</p><p>Ranger- repair bow - bow is repaired to 50% (15 minute recast)</p>

Tide
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
I really like whats being done here.  I can't be specific, as I'm not experience enough to create a whole spell.  But with the Troubador being the least played class, I'd really enjoy seeing them turned into a "Power Healer" if that make sense.  Basically they could have single target spells that replenished Power instead of Health.

Aedos
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Great thread. I just want to say that any new spells should be something really unique not another dot or dd you have to cast every 10 secs.

Chefren
07-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Brawler - The deflection skill now counts as mitigation vs. unavoidable physical attacks. It adds +12% mitigation with max skill vs. an AE attack of the same level as the character. Increasing the skill over your normal maximum slightly increases the mitigation gained.

Zelldeb
07-20-2007, 03:09 AM
<p>ive played a illusionist since launch, i dont know much about the specifics of most other classes, except what they can do in refrence to my class.</p><p> so my idea is only for enchanters.</p><p> my origional idea before i read the posts before mine was just to give both enchanter classes a rune spell, like in eq1</p><p> but the idea of giving coercers a dire charm would do them better i would think.</p>

Mr. Dawki
07-20-2007, 11:05 AM
<p>coercer - anything......its better than what they have now</p><p>assassin - teliport to th rear of the mob and invis</p><p>SK - taunts that hold agro without having to put aa into them</p><p>coercer - anything......its better than what they have now</p>

Norrsken
07-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Mr. Dawkins wrote: <blockquote><p>coercer - anything......its better than what they have now</p><p>assassin - teliport to th rear of the mob and invis</p><p><b>SK - taunts that hold agro without having to put aa into them</b></p><p>coercer - anything......its better than what they have now</p></blockquote>Use ore than the taunts. Aggro will come easier to the sk if they do. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

911GT3
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
<p>The game does not need more spells/combat arts, it needs more charachter and immersion, by which is mostly due to weak/stiff/overused animations.</p>