PDA

View Full Version : Replayability Idea - Anyone wanna be Heroic?

Azzuth
06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Once a player reaches level 70 (soon to be 80) they quickly get bored and have nothing to do.  How about, similar to those old muds, once you max out your character you can choose to die and restart at level one, but with a twist.  You are level 1 Heroic.  And the second time you reach 70 you can do it again and become lvl 1 Heroic ^ etc. This idea is simple.  Fairly quick to implement as new systems go. And would allow for many new game play adventures.  Not to mention how cool would it be to have solo instances that were epic.  I know i've always want to solo a white Heroic ^^^.  Instead of barely being able to take some green Heroics ^^^. Might be very exciting.

kcirrot
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
But then wouldn't people just grind until they're Heroic^^^ and then raid since it would be easy then?  It's an idea with some merit, but needs fleshing out.

Apocroph
06-02-2007, 05:38 PM
<cite>Azzuth wrote:</cite><blockquote> Once a player reaches level 70 (soon to be 80) they quickly get bored and have nothing to do.  How about, similar to those old muds, once you max out your character you can choose to die and restart at level one, but with a twist.  You are level 1 Heroic.  And the second time you reach 70 you can do it again and become lvl 1 Heroic ^ etc. This idea is simple.  Fairly quick to implement as new systems go. And would allow for many new game play adventures.  Not to mention how cool would it be to have solo instances that were epic.  I know i've always want to solo a white Heroic ^^^.  Instead of barely being able to take some green Heroics ^^^. Might be very exciting. </blockquote>And play through the same content again, only easier?  No thanks.

AegisCrown
06-02-2007, 05:43 PM
considering how easy white/yellow ^^^ are now why do anything different.

Erronn
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
<cite>Azzuth wrote:</cite><blockquote> Once a player reaches level 70 (soon to be 80) they quickly get bored and have nothing to do. </blockquote> Nothing to do? How about upgrading armor, finishing quests, etc. Many people rush to 70 so they can concentrate on other things rather than the ol' level grind.

Zabjade
06-03-2007, 03:06 AM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>considering how easy white/yellow ^^^ are now why do anything different. </blockquote> Easy? Try playing a Monk with less then full fabled and even then...

Giral
06-03-2007, 05:45 AM
<cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>considering how easy white/yellow ^^^ are now why do anything different. </blockquote> Easy? Try playing a Monk with less then full fabled and even then...</blockquote><p>Yeah must be rough tryin to Solo them : )  if you ment there tough for a group and your in a Mix of fabled then im truely /Baffled  </p>

Kurokage
06-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I think this would kill alot of the groups/raids in the game. Yeah some heroic players might group with others to help them out, but I wouldn't be suprised if a mojority of players who aren't 70^^^ just kept solo grinding, or multi-boxing and grinding, until they were. When my first toon hit 70, I just started on the next. This was enough for me, because my next toon was a different class and I didn't already know what skills I would be getting as I levelled. This anticipation and curiousity would be lost when you have to play the same character 4 times before you were done.

LordPazuzu
06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
This kind of mechanic could be really awesome....in a different game.  It's just out of place in the EverQuest universe.

Meditatious
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
<cite>LordPazuzu wrote:</cite><blockquote>This kind of mechanic could be really awesome....in a different game.  It's just out of place in the EverQuest universe.</blockquote> Exactly.  I'm surprised that some f2p pvp game isn't already doing something like this, it would be perfect there.

Zard
06-03-2007, 03:18 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>LordPazuzu wrote:</cite><blockquote>This kind of mechanic could be really awesome....in a different game.  It's just out of place in the EverQuest universe.</blockquote> Exactly.  I'm surprised that some f2p pvp game isn't already doing something like this, it would be perfect there.</blockquote><p> In Lord of the Rings: On-line's (LotRO) Monster Play, you create a monster character than you can use in a special zones designed for a limited form of PvP: Monsters vs. Heroes; or Evil vs. Good since all non-monster PC's are considered "good". Your monster character can level up by completing quests, defeating hero characters, and other methods. I agree that  heroic (as in ^^^) characters doesn't really fit EQ2 unless something like monster play was added. It might be possible without tampering with the lore and treating it as a game-within-a-game -- just like LotRO did.</p>

Seraki
06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
<p>I could just see IGE offering a zero to heroic program.</p><p>They already ( as will many other companies) offer to power players up and gear them up for piece of your plastic currency.   Hmm maybe thats why some players get bored.  Maybe they never really played the whole game.</p><p>Game balance is hard enough on the devs and idea like this would just really mess up game balance.</p>

steelblueangel
06-19-2007, 03:30 AM
<p>In response to "Coel's" post that "white and yellow ^^^ up heroics are easy to everyone"... I'm here to say that No they are not easy to everyone. I have a difficult time and die alot fighting green ^^^ up npcs. Im not fabled out nor do I have master spells. I have treasured, mastercrafted, and a few legendary peices of armor with all adapt 3 spells. </p><p>I have seen it done by fabled and relic outfitted toons but they are not the average player by far most are just like me.</p><p>I suggest (Coel) you roll a new toon without tweaking it out since you seem to have forgotten how difficult the game can be outside of your umber toon gear and spells. </p>

Siclone
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
<p>I find it odd that people always state they get bored at max level, to me, thats when the game starts, when you can start working on top end content and get fabled and mastered out and really learn how to play.</p><p>shurgs..</p>

Zard
06-19-2007, 12:00 PM
<cite>Siclone wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I find it odd that people always state they get bored at max level, to me, thats when the game starts, when you can start working on top end content and get fabled and mastered out and really learn how to play.</p><p>shurgs..</p></blockquote><p> I'm just the opposite, I effectively <i>retire</i> my characters after they reach max level and have the full set of class armor only re-activating them for crafting, or an occassional group or raid with friends. I have 13 (!) characters spread across tiers 3 to 7 so I never get bored; I'm saving #14 for a Sarnak!</p>

Lornick
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
In order for something like this to work I think what is needed would be for players to reach level 70 they would "unlock" access to a special ruleset server.  And then players would have the ability to create new herioc characters on a special server.  I would even go so far as to consolidate all 24 classes into 4 classes.  The uber mage, uber fighter, uber scout if you will.  Each archetype character would have all the best abilities from their given classes in their archetype.  So the Master-Sorcerer or whatever it would be called would have all the chanter control spells, buffs, power regens and the wizards best single target nukes, and the warlock's AE nukes, and the necro's lifetaps, feign deaths, etc, and the conjurer's pets and pet buffs.  That way new abilities really wouldn't be needed.  Just use the best pre-existing stuff for each class.  A few things might need to be modified like removing concentration requirements from some buffs.